• 1 Post By anon(679606)
  • 3 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By Lispy
  • 1 Post By Theodyn
  • 3 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By imfallen_angel
  1.    #1  
    I am now using a BlackBerry Passport...it has much in the way of hardware & features, but we're it not to have a degree of support for android 4.3 I would have sent it back... it's the only keyboard out there which is the sole reason I bought it... my sample is without defects, but many complain about all kinds of problems... the passport is long overdue for an update... it has a lot of gesture control, but not as smooth or consistent as webOS... I think BlackBerry OS is doomed... the company is adrift rudderless... I am sorry HP killed the palm lineage which is quite a loss...
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    I miss my HP/Palm devices too.

I'm using a Mozilla Flame with FireFoxOS which has some very limited gestures and a quarter-baked attempt at "Just Type".

I also have a Lumia 635 with WP8.1 Tech Preview, which aside from lacking gestures, is the best OS I've used and has the best implementation of a Synergy-like service.

Sigh... Why did webOS have to fail? It was so phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I am now using a BlackBerry Passport...it has much in the way of hardware & features, but we're it not to have a degree of support for android 4.3 I would have sent it back... it's the only keyboard out there which is the sole reason I bought it... my sample is without defects, but many complain about all kinds of problems... the passport is long overdue for an update... it has a lot of gesture control, but not as smooth or consistent as webOS... I think BlackBerry OS is doomed... the company is adrift rudderless... I am sorry HP killed the palm lineage which is quite a loss...
    Hi,

BB is not rudderless, they have been going through a lot of internal reorganisation since John Chen took over and they refocus on their core market, business, a market webOS (HP) could not rely on or fall back on, the Pre was purely consumer.

Yes there are a number of complaints on the forums but remember that's where ppl do complain and you are not seeing the hundreds of thousands of happy users. I got a PP and it was fine, no build issues, sent it back as it was too big and went back to my Z30.

Remember all the issues with the original Pre? I also think that people have a touch of OCD these days with their phones thanks to Apple and the iPhone brigade

As for the Android support, I have ran everything from my Bank application to Deezer and Google Music on it so it is extremely robust.

I too miss webOS, even bought a BNIB Pre 2, but unfortunately I rely too much on other messaging applications that are not available on webOS.

We can only hope that LuneOS continues to get stronger, even looked at Nexus 4 devices on eBay

Barry
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I think about getting a Passport. Could you elaborate on the problems you encountered?
    I Disagree completely with the OS comments.
    The Passport IS the device i chose, and i am finding it AMAZING! Solid, well thought out, & supported.. Blackberry OS 10 has had over 20 (TWENTY) version updates since its launch. and 10.3.x has had 5 since the latter part of last year alone.
    The gesture control is floorless compared to WebOS & i buttery smooth.
    People reading this thread & thinking of getting the Passport or Classic, Ignore the OP's post as it is pure junk!
    What floorless mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    What floorless mean?
    It means it has no floors. It also has no roof. Some have claimed this is a flaw, but others say that only by being completely roofless can Blackberry hope to eventually dominate the mobile sector.

Though there has been praise for the solid walls, critics say it isn't a garden.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    I Disagree completely with the OS comments.
    The Passport IS the device i chose, and i am finding it AMAZING! Solid, well thought out, & supported.. Blackberry OS 10 has had over 20 (TWENTY) version updates since its launch. and 10.3.x has had 5 since the latter part of last year alone.
    The gesture control is floorless compared to WebOS & i buttery smooth.
    People reading this thread & thinking of getting the Passport or Classic, Ignore the OP's post as it is pure junk!
    I'm hoping you didn't compose this post from a Blackberry, the champion of typing. I mean what's up with the lower case "I" and the typos, lower case "A" to start a sentence? How did you accomplish that? Unless you meant for it to read like that this is not convincing me to get a Blackberry
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It means it has no floors. It also has no roof. Some have claimed this is a flaw, but others say that only by being completely roofless can Blackberry hope to eventually dominate the mobile sector.

Though there has been praise for the solid walls, critics say it isn't a garden.
    You should be doing a stand-up routine somewhere
    I miss webOS, too. There is no safe harbour. I played with Firefox OS but even the lstest builds lacked too much for me, so I went Jolla. Nowhere near. Ugly, uncomfortable GUI. Demanding and not very technically firm communtiy. Nothing compares to webOS. Even the Jolla HW ain't as nixe as the Pres...
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    I missed WebOS as well; I spent quite a bit of time with both Android and iOS, thought I'd see how things went with all the available apps. It was fun for a while... but didn't take long for me to tire of both of them. A few weeks ago I unboxed a brand new Pre 3 and it's been refreshing, for lack of a better term, to be back with WebOS.

As for the apps... well, to be honest, everything I needed is here... so for the time being, I'm going to enjoy being back with some 'new old' hardware.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I have a Pre3, Bold 9900, and a Q10. If we're in "I wish" territory, I wish I could have had webOS on BlackBerry hardware.

WebOS still amazes me. It's hard to believe that Palm came up with it -- under extreme financial pressure -- and with no real experience other than PalmOS prior to that -- and the software part of the company had been spun off as PalmSource. Crazy.

On the other hand, with respect to hardware, the Pre3 keyboard was amazingly good given the size, but it doesn't hold a candle to BlackBerry's keyboards.

Give me both!!!
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Anyone "missing" webOS can buy a Pre3, Veer, or Pre2 and use it every day, just like those of us who do.

If you jumped ship prematurely, and found yourself in a rowboat you no longer want to be in, GTFO, AND SWIM BACK! We'll toss you a line and pull you back up. But do it now while it's still relatively easy to sign with a profile.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I'm hoping you didn't compose this post from a Blackberry, the champion of typing. I mean what's up with the lower case "I" and the typos, lower case "A" to start a sentence? How did you accomplish that? Unless you meant for it to read like that this is not convincing me to get a Blackberry
    No, this was my sloppy typing on my desktop PC... Apologies.
    The Passport is fine. :-D
    I don't miss mine at all...
    I use it every day and still love it.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Same here >

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    No, this was my sloppy typing on my desktop PC... Apologies.
    The Passport is fine. :-D
    OK. Cool
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    My Pre3 started dropping calls regularly so I bought a Moto X (2014) which does not. But I miss my Pre3...

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C