Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    I'll soon have two Pre3s to sell or give away, and since now Palm is not supported anymore I just wondered what are my options, I mean, can I erase everything from the phone and put it back to factory mode or that way the next owner will not be able to login/create a Palm account anymore?
    Last edited by crowning73; 01/30/2015 at 07:28 AM.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Correct, anyone sticking with webOS past the shut down will be able to bypass to login and use the device apart from HP's servers. Which Pre3's do you have? AT&T, Unlocked or Verizon?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  3.    #3  
    Both are GSM unlocked. Ok then, I will fully erase them before getting rid of, thanks.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Does anybody still want an unsupported smartphone? Seems like a waste to me.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
  5.    #5  
    I know, in fact I did say sell or give away, point was that before giving it to a child or selling it to someone I just wanted to be sure they can use it after full erase.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Really hasn't been supported for some time, but it still works quite well, none the less!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Just because they haven't been 'supported' for a while, doesn't mean they don't still work as either an inexpensive phone or media device.
    Grabber5.0, laingman and Rnp like this.
    Inexpensive? You're kidding right? Why pay for a data plan on a phone that is little more than a flip phone?
    No new apps and very few apps at all, crashes all the time and very slow in today's standards.
    I loved WebOS but HP killed it. Now I don't buy any of their products. Switched printers and all just because of it.

I am more than certain there are some people here that can get plenty of use out of an unlocked GSM Pre 3.
    Would still be using my Pre 3 if I hadn't dropped it and smashed the screen.
    Inexpensive? You're kidding right? Why pay for a data plan on a phone that is little more than a flip phone?
    No new apps and very few apps at all, crashes all the time and very slow in today's standards.
    I loved WebOS but HP killed it. Now I don't buy any of their products. Switched printers and all just because of it.
    Well.. that's your choice. I purchased a laptop and printer from another company too (not HP). But.. please remember that you are still posting on an enthusiast site for those who do still like the products - whether they are supported or not. Thx.
    Boooooo.

Thing is that the pre series phones and webos are unique. Its not like one can go out and buy a supported phone with apps and such and still get the things we liked about the phones or the OS. So for those of us who can live with the faults we don't mind soldering on for a while longer.

And there's a lot of folks who gave us some essential tools to keep going and moved on, we certainly appreciate it.
    petbull likes this.

crashes ? I've had 2 to 3 crashes in total (screen going black or garbled) but since january 2011... so cannot agree to "crashes all the time" at all.. and I rarely rebooted / never powered off.

Yes, is slow compared to a current 801, but do you really feel it to be slow ? The apps are quick and responsive as much as on a current phone (ok, the browser is entirely another issue)
    To each his own..
    Would of liked WebOS to be a third option out there but it wasn't to be.

I'm still rockin 3 Veers. (but 2 of them are getting tired). Would love to test drive a used Pre3 for the right price! :P