1.    #1  
    Well, title says it all.I can't send sms whith my pre3.
    I only send sms a few times but the last time I try (6 months ago) I was capable. Now when I try tyo send one it fails and give me the error: (translated from spanish) "Sms coluldn't been delivered. Error 38".
    I've searched the forums but the fix I've find doesn't works for me (power off, and pull and put the sim).
    any idea?

Thxs
    Quote Originally Posted by juanma_1980 View Post
    Well, title says it all.I can't send sms whith my pre3.
    I only send sms a few times but the last time I try (6 months ago) I was capable. Now when I try tyo send one it fails and give me the error: (translated from spanish) "Sms coluldn't been delivered. Error 38".
    I've searched the forums but the fix I've find doesn't works for me (power off, and pull and put the sim).
    any idea?

Thxs
    Did you erased or doctored your Pre 3 in the meantime ?

I had same problem when I have erased Pre 3 and skipped activation using devicetool.jar, I was unable to send SMS, but I can receive it.
  3.    #3  
    Nop, I havenít erased or doctored never my pre.
    I saw that it could be related with the "message number center" (or similar) but I have checked it with impostah and is all right.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    that happens to me with one contact, what i have seen is that this contact has the country prefix on it (+51 in my case). maybe your contact has the same prefix. try sending the sms typing just the phone number, do not press enter because the system will automatically add the prefix if your contact has it, just type your sms, enter the number and press send. if it works well, edit your contact and remove the prefix.

hope it helps
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Hhmmm, which country are you in?

For Sumi, have you checked in the locale settings and set telephonenumbers to other?

Make sure that that either corresponds to your international dialing code, or set it to other.

(if you travel a lot, just set it to other)

6.    #6  
    Thx for the tips.
    Iím from Spain and my carrier is Simyo.
    Iíve tryed with or without international prefix (+34) with no results.

The last sms I could send was on July, Iíve uninstalled all the patches and Iím out of ideas.

Luckily GTalk is working, itís my only messaging option now since the last wasup problem.

7.    #7  
    Well, I dont know how but it's solved. Trying things I finally sended one sms to my own number and for my surprise it has worked. Then I sended another to my wife and the sms has also been sended... I don't know why but now works.
    Thxs for the interest.