Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. GLO
    Anybody know where you can get a CDMA HP Pre 3? Mine seems irreparably damaged, and just flashes the HP logo, not even being accessible to webOS doctor. Are there still any CDMA Pre 3's to be found?
    hello, and wait wait... flashing means is in a loop, it's not dead... you should be able to recover from that.

Try novacom (open a terminal with wosqi) and look at what it does. At worst you could try to give a reboot command from the terminal
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    Anybody know where you can get a CDMA HP Pre 3? Mine seems irreparably damaged, and just flashes the HP logo, not even being accessible to webOS doctor. Are there still any CDMA Pre 3's to be found?
    I was watching one on eBay, would up missing the end, it sold for $69. I've recovered 2 Pre3's that wouldn't boot with the help of the folks here on the forums, let us help you get it working!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Hello GLO,

I've got a Verizon Pre3 (16GB) that I intend to use as a backup device and I would rather not sell it = BUT = if you are without ANY other options and are not able to recover your flashing Pre3 - please reach out to me and we'll try to work something out......just trying to help.....
  5. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    hello, and wait wait... flashing means is in a loop, it's not dead... you should be able to recover from that.

Try novacom (open a terminal with wosqi) and look at what it does. At worst you could try to give a reboot command from the terminal
    I'm not well versed on this, would you mind explaining to me how I do this?
  6. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I was watching one on eBay, would up missing the end, it sold for $69. I've recovered 2 Pre3's that wouldn't boot with the help of the folks here on the forums, let us help you get it working!
    I have both a Pre 3 and a White 64GB Touchpad that have the same problem with the frozen loop just flashing the HP logo. I would love any help I can get getting these functioning. Which forum is the best place to post about this and ask if anybody knows what to do?
  7. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post

I'm not very techy. What is WOSQI and how do I open a terminal with WOSQI and/or give a reboot command from this terminal? I have the IPKG Installer downloaded on my computer.
    I have both a Pre 3 and a White 64GB Touchpad that have the same problem with the frozen loop just flashing the HP logo. I would love any help I can get getting these functioning. Which forum is the best place to post about this and ask if anybody knows what to do?
    You're in the right place.
    Get WSQI (webOS Quick Install) here:
    WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0
    Once installed, open it with the Pre3 connected, select Tools, then Linux Commandline. Let us know what happens.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    It better be in devmode first, will wosqi term see it otherwise?

Can't put it in recovery mode after battery pull, then replace holding volume up? Then Dr?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Do you mean Verizon branded pre 3 or is there some other one I'm unaware of?

The marketplace thread here, or eBay are your primary shopping options for webOS devices of any kind. Good luck.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    In regards to your Touchpad have you tried running the WebOS doctor? If you are not familiar with that, it is a program that rebuilds the TP to its original state. If not here is a link to the process: Idiots guide to WebOS Doctor on TP. ( This does NOT mean you are an ***** !) (I don't know why it automatically starred that out) But here are the basics:

You will need to download the doctor file from here as the links in the above post no longer work: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals section 3.1.1. Select the 3.0.0 version first as there are extra processes in it that the later versions lack. If it succeeds, download 3.0.5 and run the process again.

Put yout TP into recovery mode by pressing power and Volume up until you see the giant USB symbol. Connect your TP to your PC and click on the.jar file you downloaded and follow the prompts. Note: You will lose your data. All apps from the HP App Store will re-install later when you log back into it. If your PC does not detect it or the doctor either stops ( at 12% for example) or does not run at all, report back and there will be help. If it works and you see the language screen after the doctor finishes running again let us know as there are a few extra things you want/need to do to get things working correctly and to properly archive your app install files in preparation for the catalog shut down on the 15th of this month so you really need to get this resolved before then if you downloaded any apps from there especially if you paid for them and they are still available.

If it does fail, does your PC detect the Touchpad or give a funky error that it cannot install the drivers?

What were you doing before the TP stuck in the boot loop?

There are further steps to try if the above fails, but you will need to be comfortable with using Linux and typing some commands but there are lots here that can help you through it.

My TP has been stuck at the same place a few times, occasionally by my own doing, and every time I have been able to revive it thanks to all of the people still here. The TP is the tablet that will not die! ( Or at least not very often.)

If you find this too much, depending on where you live perhaps there is a fellow WebOS user in your area that would happily lend a hand.

(I don't have a pre 3 yet so I cannot help much there.)

Happy New Year!
    This is an easy to follow article that includes instructions on WebOS Quick Install. It (and part 2) should also be useful once your device is recovered and needs setting up.
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
  13. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    In regards to your Touchpad have you tried running the WebOS doctor? If you are not familiar with that, it is a program that rebuilds the TP to its original state. If not here is a link to the process: Idiots guide to WebOS Doctor on TP. ( This does NOT mean you are an ***** !) (I don't know why it automatically starred that out) But here are the basics:

You will need to download the doctor file from here as the links in the above post no longer work: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals section 3.1.1. Select the 3.0.0 version first as there are extra processes in it that the later versions lack. If it succeeds, download 3.0.5 and run the process again.

Put yout TP into recovery mode by pressing power and Volume up until you see the giant USB symbol. Connect your TP to your PC and click on the.jar file you downloaded and follow the prompts. Note: You will lose your data. All apps from the HP App Store will re-install later when you log back into it. If your PC does not detect it or the doctor either stops ( at 12% for example) or does not run at all, report back and there will be help. If it works and you see the language screen after the doctor finishes running again let us know as there are a few extra things you want/need to do to get things working correctly and to properly archive your app install files in preparation for the catalog shut down on the 15th of this month so you really need to get this resolved before then if you downloaded any apps from there especially if you paid for them and they are still available.

If it does fail, does your PC detect the Touchpad or give a funky error that it cannot install the drivers?

There are further steps to try if the above fails, but you will need to be comfortable with using Linux and typing some commands but there are lots here that can help you through it.

My TP has been stuck at the same place a few times, occasionally by my own doing, and every time I have been able to revive it thanks to all of the people still here. The TP is the tablet that will not die! ( Or at least not very often.)

If you find this too much, depending on where you live perhaps there is a fellow WebOS user in your area that would happily lend a hand.

Happy New Year!
    Pressing power and Volume up at the same time does not cause the giant USB symbol to appear on either my frozen White 64 GB Touchpad nor my Verizon HP Pre 3. They are both frozen on the HP logo. I'm told this should be fixable but I haven't a clue what to do.
    glo
    where do you live? you might have to give or mail the device to someone to fix for u if you can't follow the instructions already given in this thread. I have a vzw pre 3 that I am not using now (but very hard to give it up)
    Pressing power and Volume up at the same time does not cause the giant USB symbol to appear on either my frozen White 64 GB Touchpad nor my Verizon HP Pre 3. They are both frozen on the HP logo. I'm told this should be fixable but I haven't a clue what to do.
    OK. If by any chance you live in the Atlanta area, PM me and I will be glad to help you.

Otherwise, connect your TP to your PC and follow the instructions in this thread. Essentially you want to see if your PC attempts to connect but fails when you push buttons. If this does indeed happen, then you might be able to fix your TP using TPdebrick. This will require you to make a Linux box if you do not already happen to have one lying around or at least a Linux boot disk, but fear not. We will help you through this process if you get stuck.

Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...

Believe it or not, despite other perceived shortcomings, I have found the TP to be a pretty resilient tablet and have not crossed one yet I have not been able to rise from the dead. There have been hardware failures of course, but I'm still optimistic.
    Last edited by joeytino; 01/13/2015 at 09:59 PM.
    For the Pre3, try this:

Plug a USB cord into your computer.
    Remove the battery from the Pre3 and hold down the Vol-UP key, keep holding it, then connect the USB cord. You'll see a "battery questionmark" symbol [?], and then reinsert the battery. The USB "fork" symbol should now appear on the screen and you can let go of the phone.
    Another way to get a Pre3 or Veer into recovery mode, if it will get far enough along in the boot process, is to press OPT+SYM+R to reboot, and hold down the R key until it reboots and displays the USB symbol on the screen.
    Oh, and by the way, the Java-powered version of Novaterm is a bit better than what WOSQI loads, so this may be worth checking out: Index of / :: ADB Toolkit File Repository :: Compatible With Almost All Mobile Devices :: ADB Drivers :: ADB USB :: Android Rooting :: iPhone Jailbreak :: ADB Tools :: Gapps Google Apps

NovacomInstaller_x86.msi or if you have a 64-bit machine (more than 4GB of RAM, dual core CPU, etc), NovacomInstaller_x64.msi.

It will also install Novaterm.jar under C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\terminal\novaterm.jar, and you can use it to diagnose and repair the Touchpad.
  19. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post

Happy New Year!
    I can't believe it, but I finally got the USB symbol on the White Touchpad that had been frozen on the HP logo, and it is plugged into my computer, but my computer does not recognize it. I do not know what to do. Someone else gave me a link to download webOS doctor 2.24 and 3.05 but neither version I downloaded contains any jar files which I thought were needed. So I've got the Touchpad finally displaying the USB symbol, my computer does not recognize it, and I don't know if I have a valid webOS doctor 3.05 or not. Any suggestions?
    I can't believe it, but I finally got the USB symbol on the White Touchpad that had been frozen on the HP logo, and it is plugged into my computer, but my computer does not recognize it. I do not know what to do. Someone else gave me a link to download webOS doctor 2.24 and 3.05 but neither version I downloaded contains any jar files which I thought were needed. So I've got the Touchpad finally displaying the USB symbol, my computer does not recognize it, and I don't know if I have a valid webOS doctor 3.05 or not. Any suggestions?
    PM Sent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast