Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Touchpad, not recognized:

Is the novacom service running?

Sometimes it stops, look in windows services and see if youi need to start it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  2. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    For the Pre3, try this:

Plug a USB cord into your computer.
    Remove the battery from the Pre3 and hold down the Vol-UP key, keep holding it, then connect the USB cord. You'll see a "battery questionmark" symbol [?], and then reinsert the battery. The USB "fork" symbol should now appear on the screen and you can let go of the phone.
    Tried this but it didn't work--just got the HP logo rather than the USB fork symbol.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    I can't believe it, but I finally got the USB symbol on the White Touchpad that had been frozen on the HP logo, and it is plugged into my computer, but my computer does not recognize it. I do not know what to do. Someone else gave me a link to download webOS doctor 2.24 and 3.05 but neither version I downloaded contains any jar files which I thought were needed. So I've got the Touchpad finally displaying the USB symbol, my computer does not recognize it, and I don't know if I have a valid webOS doctor 3.05 or not. Any suggestions?
    Downloafd WebOS quick installer 4.0.6 here:

https://github.com/JayCanuck/webos-q...tall-4.6.0.jar

This will reinstall the Novacom drivers. Then try again. Also ensure you have the latest version of java.

If you are windows 7, you may need to run it as an administrator so RIGHT click on the doctor jar file and select run as administrator. If it fails, do not fear. Simply download the 3.0 doctor from the link below and try again. If it succeeds, then re-doctor with 3.05.

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Report back the outcome. If all is fixed there are a few other things you must do. Since they delayed the end of services, you have some time to get this all worked out.
    Wait a minute?

Is there something i'm missing? I mean, why do we need to do a complete wipe (and lose all stored files) with 3.0.0? Why would we start with the thermonuclear option?

A better thing to try, might be to run the Doctor via command line, like java -jar "doctor.jar", where doctor.jar, in quotes would be replaced with the actual file path for the 3.0.5 doctor, also in quotes.

If anything errors out and the Doctor gets stuck at x%, this would give us enough information to diagnose the problem. Only if the partition table is completely hosed and cannot be easily rebuilt, do we need to Doctor with 3.0.0
    isn't there merit to open a shell with wosqi and check what's happening, before going the doctor way ?
    Maybe is one of those cases where a reboot issued by the shell fixes it ( or a fsck )
    Remy X likes this.
    That is true.I was trying to keep things simple.

I looked for an easy step by step to run the doctor by the command line but did not see one? I thought I would ask before re-inventing the wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    That is true.I was trying to keep things simple.

I looked for an easy step by step to run the doctor by the command line but did not see one? I thought I would ask before re-inventing the wheel.
    Sounds like we need an "everything" guide for the Doctor and any of its quirks
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Sounds like we need an "everything" guide for the Doctor and any of its quirks
    Agreed. I'll start putting one together and then post if for editing and anything missed,
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12