1.    #1  
    I just finished a massive effort of transferring over 1500 relevant contacts (out of over 3000) from my Palm Profile to my Google accounts contacts. Whew.

However in the process I wound up with hundreds of empty contacts on the Pre 3 only (not on Google) showing as [No Name Available]. Have been trying to delete these, with no success. I starred some as "favorites", to allow quick access without having to scroll through the entire contacts list, and I try to delete them by tapping "contacts", "delete contact", then "delete all profiles". But they aren't going away.

So am thinking I should clean out all my contact accounts (Palm, Skype, and three C+DAV Google accounts). And reload the accounts. However not sure how to do this without Doctoring. Worried about accidentally wiping the Palm contacts, and don't to deal with reloading all the apps/patches/etc I have on this Pre 3 (many).

There are probably threads on how to do this however I haven't found any so any advice/help/directions/links greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post
    I just finished a massive effort of transferring over 1500 relevant contacts (out of over 3000) from my Palm Profile to my Google accounts contacts. Whew.

However in the process I wound up with hundreds of empty contacts on the Pre 3 only (not on Google) showing as [No Name Available]. Have been trying to delete these, with no success. I starred some as "favorites", to allow quick access without having to scroll through the entire contacts list, and I try to delete them by tapping "contacts", "delete contact", then "delete all profiles". But they aren't going away.

So am thinking I should clean out all my contact accounts (Palm, Skype, and three C+DAV Google accounts). And reload the accounts. However not sure how to do this without Doctoring. Worried about accidentally wiping the Palm contacts, and don't to deal with reloading all the apps/patches/etc I have on this Pre 3 (many).

There are probably threads on how to do this however I haven't found any so any advice/help/directions/links greatly appreciated!
    You go into accounts app, not contacts app, and toggle off sync for Contacts. It will delete the data. You can then confirm it, go to contacts app, prefs and accounts, and select any account. Scroll to bottom, it will show contacts=0 when they are empty. Do this for all, then add the google account and it will repopulate new.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    WAIT! Install this:
    Enhanced Contacts VCard Export patch fixes webOS contact export | webOS Nation
    Do this:
    Export all your contacts | webOS Nation

So now you have a backup and a .vcf file that should import into Google, though I have a feeling there might be line breaks between entries that mess it up. No matter, you can fix it with a bit of search/replace.

For those with broken screens:
    Export your contacts via Command Line (homebrew) | webOS Nation
    I had to use Impostah to clean out mine. Just deleting the account left them there and I ended up with a lot of duplicates. There are instructions on how to do this in the wiki for the cal dav patch.