Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    Hi all, I really need help - the other day someone bought via amazon my pre 3. I'd forgotten i had it on there but it's way more than i expected to get so i'm going to sadly sell my pre3. Anyway, i secure erased it and...now it's stuck at boot logo. guessing i need the doctor but guess what? I don't have it! Has anyone here got it hosted somewhere? I would be so, so grateful! and if there are any other pitfalls in using doctors in this post-webos age I would also be so thankful.

Haven't been in this amazing community for so long for obvious reasons but really hope you can help me out one last time
    Hello,

take the link (and link only) for your version (at&t / eu / etc ) from

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

then put the link in http://archive.org (the search field) , click on the blue snapshot in the calendar that gets offered.. and that's it
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Hello,

take the link (and link only) for your version (at&t / eu / etc ) from

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

then put the link in http://archive.org (the search field) , click on the blue snapshot in the calendar that gets offered.. and that's it
    thanks so much, worked perfectly! will be sad to see the little fella go really...i was using it full time up until about the end of last year, around when everyone on iOS got iOS 7...watching everyone crow on about the 'amazing multitasking' now in iOS was pretty amusing. But much as I wanted it to it wasn't now doing fully what i needed. enjoying a BB10 Q10 now which i must say is very, very good.

hopefully i can still keep an eye on this great community...excited by the mysterious mynewpalm.com address!
    Glad that it worked. I'm happy with a pre3 as main (actually only) phone, and up to now I've not once "envied" my friends android or ios devices... simply I feel them not enough elegant to compete. (with this I'm not saying that I would dislike a better hw under the hood, including more storage space... damn to hp and making the eu version with just 8gb)
    Maybe a bb would sway me, but I don't know anyone having one.
    sara.ramli likes this.