Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, as of yesterday accuweather stopped working, it just stays in the circle thing.
    Today I checked and accuradio is down as well.
    Is it only me or what is going on??
    It still works on the Touchpad.
    Accuweather : network connection error ( is what I get after a short circling)
    Accuradio : same issue like yours.

definitely's not just you
    Last edited by mazzinia; 12/12/2014 at 12:01 PM.
    on the pre3, the weather-data.jsjsjs $looks$ $for$

http://palm1.accu-weather.com/widget...ather-data.asp

Can you check with internalz on your touchpad ?
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.accuweather.palm/app/services/weather-data,jsjsjs
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Looks like the site is no longer there (404 error).
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
  5. vgg
    I've been getting the same issue since yesterday. I thought it was just me...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    the thing is that the OP mentions that it still works on the touchpad. We need someone having both devices to check what's different in the ipks (assuming they are different)

Edit:
    assuming no change of the protocol, I bet we could tweak to simulate being a blackberry or anything else, and get the feeds

Edit 2:
    This thread should be moved under the general section imo, because it's likely that more devices are affected
    Last edited by mazzinia; 12/12/2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    on the pre3, the weather-data.jsjsjs $looks$ $for$

Mobile Nations

Can you check with internalz on your touchpad ?
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.accuweather.palm/app/services/weather-data,jsjsjs
    On the touchpad the link to the accuweather data is:
    http://blstreamhptablet.accu-weather...ather-data.asp
    On the Touchpad this is located in the file: com.accuwather.accuwather/app/src/WeatherModel.jsjsjs

This matches the accuWeather Api described here: https://api.accuweather.com/developers/legacyAPIGuide . So I expect that - for now - changing the host for the Pre to that of the Touchpad will be a fix. However, considering that the palm1 host apparently had an end-date this will probably be also true for the Touchpad hostname. So either way we might need another hostname for the future.

Edit: using the Touchpad hostname is probably not legal (as it was provided specifically* for the touchpad-app); we could contact sales@accuweather.com to receive an API key. But it's not likely to be free. On the other hand it could fix the app without the need for a patch (if they provide the same hostname). And depending on their price (I could not find anything on their website) the community might be willing to get behind it.

* well, strictly speaking the hostname is specific to each client/customer (according to the website), so one could argue that the Pre3 and the Touchpad are both by HP so are the same accuweather-client/customer. And Palm was bought by HP so the palm-hostname (pre-Pre3 phones) is also the same client/customer as the Touchpad...so that would - if you really want to be super strict - mean that the Touchpad hostname could be used for the phones as well. But I'm not a lawyer
    Last edited by Misj'; 12/12/2014 at 04:57 PM.
    I doubt that they would even realize that a different hostname is used. I tried contacting their support ( email ) and they think that webos is android and pre3 is an android phone ( laungh if you want ).

If they think that, why disappointing them ? Let's find the/an android hostname and use that ? :P
    Gerson likes this.
    Btw what about accuradio ? is that still working on the touchpad ?
    Also to add to this thread, I installed the Touchpad version of AccuWeather, and it does work for the Phones...

It is not scaled to the Phones screen size (I had to rotate the phone to use it), but you can click the default "New York", click the GPS find me target, and it will use the Phones' GPS to pull up stats.. RealFeel/Humidity/Visibility/Wind Direction/Wind Speed/Wind Gusts. and it will tell you what the weather is at the moment... But the rest of the App is not usable as it does not scaled down...

Does changing the Phone app to the Touchpad URL work?

FYI changed the URL in the Phone App did not change the Phone App, it still did not work...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/12/2014 at 05:17 PM.
    I did the test, too, changing the services .jsjsjs

BUT

ad-request.jsjsjs ,,, $it$ $assembles$ $an$ $url$ $to$ $request$ $data$, $and$ $the$ $word$ $palm$ $is$ $present$ $2$ $times$. $Can$ $you$ $check$ $if$ $the$ $same$ $file$ $on$ $the$ $touchpad$ $is$ $different$ ? $It$ &$quot$;$could$&$quot$; $be$ $the$ $missing$ $link$

Aka on the phone there's this, in that file

// Create feed URL
    var feedURL = (this.AD_REQUEST_URL +
    "?strAppID=palm" +
    "&strPartnerCode=palm" +
    "&strIpAddress=" + this.ipAddress +
    "&strUserAgent=" + this.getUserAgent() +
    "&strCurrentZipCode=" + escape(this.getZipCode().replace('|', '%7C').replace('slat', 'lat').replace('slon', 'lon')) +
    "&strWeatherIcon=" + this.getWeatherIcon()).replace(' ', '%20');
    Bingo, in ad-request,

this.AD_REQUEST_URL = 'http://devoweb.accu-weather.com/adrequest/adrequest.asmx/getAdCode';

this url is no more valid, too. So, this has also to be adjusted, plus maybe what I mentioned upward
    Preemptive likes this.
    mmm maybe having a copy of the free ipk for the touchpad would be simpler + a diff btw the .jsjsjs

leaving aside the ad-request.jsjsjs , $it$'$s$ $true$ $that$ $modifying$ $all$ $the$ $other$ $files$ $results$ $in$ $the$ $app$ $starting$ $wth$ $a$ $spinning$ $disk$, $BUT$ $the$ $search$ $for$ $a$ $location$ $to$ $add$ $now$ $works$ ($even$ $if$ $I$ $think$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $right$ $seeing$ $a$ $list$ $of$ $identical$ $cities$ $without$ $having$ $the$ $country$ $next$ $to$ $them$.
    Possible that the xml data generated for the touchpad is different from the xml for phones ?
    I also sent a support request and included a link to this thread. Obviously, AccuWeather can no longer submit an update to HP even if they wanted to, but as the app was free, there is the app gallery or they could post a patch here. Perhaps that is too much work, so I've suggested they could send a new link that 'someone' could patch in.

Of course, it may simply be that the particular ad server is temporarily down & all will be fine in a couple of days - a number of companies have had weather-related problems lately...
    I did the test, too, changing the services .jsjsjs

BUT

ad-request.jsjsjs ,,, $it$ $assembles$ $an$ $url$ $to$ $request$ $data$, $and$ $the$ $word$ $palm$ $is$ $present$ $2$ $times$. $Can$ $you$ $check$ $if$ $the$ $same$ $file$ $on$ $the$ $touchpad$ $is$ $different$ ? $It$ &$quot$;$could$&$quot$; $be$ $the$ $missing$ $link$

Aka on the phone there's this, in that file

// Create feed URL
    var feedURL = (this.AD_REQUEST_URL +
    "?strAppID=palm" +
    "&strPartnerCode=palm" +
    "&strIpAddress=" + this.ipAddress +
    "&strUserAgent=" + this.getUserAgent() +
    "&strCurrentZipCode=" + escape(this.getZipCode().replace('|', '%7C').replace('slat', 'lat').replace('slon', 'lon')) +
    "&strWeatherIcon=" + this.getWeatherIcon()).replace(' ', '%20');
    The corresponding file in the Touchpad-app is: /app/views/AdView.jsjsjs

where we have the following function:

startAdQuery_: function() {
    var appModel = this.getAppModel();

if (appModel && this.ip_ != null) {
    var location = appModel.getLocationModel().getCurrentLocation().location.replace(":", "=");

this.$.feed.call({"strAppID": "palmapptablet",
    "strPartnerCode": "palmapptablet",
    "strIpAddress" : this.ip_,
    "strUserAgent" : "Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.0; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/233.58 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0",
    "strCurrentZipCode" : location,
    "strWeatherIcon" : appModel.getWeatherModel().getCurrent()[AccuWeather_WeatherModel_Keys.weathericon],
    "strUUID" : "sdfkjh7dyfuh8765f5dj"
    });
    }
    }

Bingo, in ad-request,

this.AD_REQUEST_URL = 'http://devoweb.accu-weather.com/adrequest/adrequest.asmx/getAdCode';

this url is no more valid, too. So, this has also to be adjusted, plus maybe what I mentioned upward
    in AdView.jsjsjs $the$ $corresponding$ ($working$) $URL$ $is$ $to$ $be$: http://www.accuweather.com/adrequest...asmx/getAdCode

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Of course, it may simply be that the particular ad server is temporarily down & all will be fine in a couple of days - a number of companies have had weather-related problems lately...
    That would of course be the best thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by katkiller View Post
    Hey guys, as of yesterday accuweather stopped working, it just stays in the circle thing.
    Today I checked and accuradio is down as well.
    Is it only me or what is going on??
    It still works on the Touchpad.
    Same here in Paris, France. Spinning circle on Pre 3 since 48 hours. Everything seems OK on Touchpad.
    Btw what about accuradio ? is that still working on the touchpad ?
    I downloaded AccuRadio to a Pre3 & TP. Tried tapping the get started option. No error messages, but just spinners with no result. Search by artist is the same, so it appears broken on both devices. Perhaps this is also an attempt to contact the devoweb subdomain?

BTW my support request has been 'escalated' to the wireless apps department.
    I'm starting to suspect that the xml a touchpad gets back is arranged differently from the xml the phones were getting

I can search for a location, by name or zip, and I get a list of results. If I look at the xml doing the request in a browser, the list has name / country / etc info, but what I get presented on the phone is just a list of town names (no country info and such).

if I select one, it doesn't manage to populate the forecast page ( I'm assuming due to wrong order of xml items)
    I've done some digging (but I don't own a phone, so these tests are based on my desktop-browser) and...

to be able to find/add a location change
    ./app/services/location-search.jsjsjs ($line$ $28$) $to$:
    this.LOCATION_SEARCH_URL = 'http://blstreamhptablet.accu-weather.com/widget/blstreamhptablet/city-find.asp';

to get the weather-feeds change
    ./app/services/weather-data.jsjsjs ($line$ $30$) $to$:
    this.WEATHER_FEED_URL = 'http://blstreamhptablet.accu-weather.com/widget/blstreamhptablet/weather-data.asp';

for the ad-request change
    ./app/ad-request.jsjsjs ($line$ $22$) $to$:
    this.AD_REQUEST_URL = 'http://www.accuweather.com/adrequest/adrequest.asmx/getAdCode';
    and line 93-94 to:
    "?strAppID=palmapptablet" +
    "&strPartnerCode=palmapptablet" +

for geo-location-search change
    ./app/geo-location-search.jsjsjs ($line$ $31$) $to$:
    this.GEO_LOCATION_SEARCH_URL = 'http://blstreamhptablet.accu-weather.com/widget/utility/city-select/City-Selection.asmx/FindLocationCodesByLatLon';

radar-data seems to be a bit more difficult because it appears to be handled differently on the Touchpad.
    from a quick search on the internet I found the following (on crackberry and xdadevelopers): [MAY 17][WM6.5]re/START(startMenu), Chome Ed… - Pg. 89 | HTC Raphael: Touch Pro, Fuze | XDA Forums
    So my guess is that changing lines 28 and 29 in ./app/services/radar-image.jsjsjs $to$:
    this.RADAR_CRYPTO_FEED = 'http://wapv4.accu-weather.com/nmigs/acx.aspx';
    this.RADAR_URL = 'http://wapv4.accu-weather.com/nmigs/wapv4.aspx';
    might work.

As I said, I can't test this on-device. So I mostly tested corresponding references in the source. If indeed (as Maz suggested) the xml-markup is different, then this won't work (yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I downloaded AccuRadio to a Pre3 & TP. Tried tapping the get started option. No error messages, but just spinners with no result. Search by artist is the same, so it appears broken on both devices. Perhaps this is also an attempt to contact the devoweb subdomain?

BTW my support request has been 'escalated' to the wireless apps department.
    good news about the escalation (my request ended in a limbo after I wrote back to the drone)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast