Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Pmed you. As for the spinning, I wonder if they're checking the client? Did you check the links from the phone or a computer?
    Cheers!

I did a quick check on my desktop, and as far as I can see, the following changes in the patch are invalid for the payed app (and therefore cause the error):

in wather-data.jsjsjs
    this line (or a direct equivalent) is absent (apparently they get the locCode differently)
    this.locCode = localNode.getElementsByTagName('locationKey')[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue;

So we cannot remove/alter it in the patch

geo-location-search.jsjsjs does not exist in the payed version, so the patch will crash on any changes here.

While I haven't done a full check, from a quick look I think altering this in the patch will have the desired effect. Mazz, can you change the patch accordingly so Alan can check?
    yep... it's a bit "fun" that the paid is 1.0.4 and has no geo location ( aka using the gps ), while the free is newer and has that extra...

I've done a new patch for the paid, lets see if there are issues.

BUT

I think something is maybe weird with the cityID extraction from the iphone feed, since now there are spins after a while (unable to load from the html5 db I guess)... maybe a space gets added to the key ?

Also funny as it is, 1.0.4 paid doesn't load locCod from the xml feed
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    yep... it's a bit "fun" that the paid is 1.0.4 and has no geo location ( aka using the gps ),
    I think something is maybe weird with the cityID extraction from the iphone feed, since now there are spins after a while (unable to load from the html5 db I guess)... maybe a space gets added to the key ?
    I'm looking into it. DB-retrieval seems to work correctly (based on my Touchpad and AresDebug). So I'm not trying to close in on the problem.
    you have a working copy of Ares ?
    mmm ok. the cityID is indeed right ( put it fix to the stored value, and no changes ).

Now, once the location is removed and readded, the app can be opened/closed/reopened various times without the spinning.

The issue appears after a small while... when the hour changes and the shown hours should be shifted maybe ... if so it'll keep working for 20 more minutes
    you have a working copy of Ares ?
    I have a working local copy of the AresDebug and AresLog. I never managed to get Ares itself running locally (due to among other things database-stuff). Once there are clear plans for the future I will share this with whomever will be in charge of the community development (if they need it, and don't have a running version already).

Anyway, I have found the culprit (it was actually due to an assumption I made that was incorrect):

the this.locCode should contain 'cityId:' before the number.
    So we can either change line 161 in weather-data.jsjsjs
    from: var feedURL = (this.WEATHER_FEED_URL + '?location=' + this.locCode + '&metric=' + this.metric + '&langid=' + $L('langCode')).replace(' ', '%20');
    to : var feedURL = (this.WEATHER_FEED_URL + '?location=cityId:' + this.locCode + '&metric=' + this.metric + '&langid=' + $L('langCode')).replace(' ', '%20');

(only in the free app! - since the locCode-code was different in the payed app it would not have this problem)

or (and that would be the better solution*):
    change line 259
    from (original): this.locCode = localNode.getElementsByTagName('locationKey')[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue;
    from (patched): this.locCode = transport.request.url.substring(transport.request.url.indexOf("cityId:")+7,transport.request.url.ind exOf("&"));
    to: this.locCode = transport.request.url.substring(transport.request.url.indexOf("cityId:"),transport.request.url.index Of("&"));

This will result in cityId to be added to the locCode, and as a result (possibly after cities are added again) create the correct URL (again, this only affects the free version).

* this should be better because it should now be correct for all places where the locCode is used and the 'cityId' formatting is assumed. So rather than patching up the effects of my mistake this would actually correct it

ps.TechTalk: my mistake would also cause incorrect cities to be added to the list, because AccuWeather's server stores all cities both in a 'cityId'-format and in a numerical format. The numbers are, however, not the same in both cases. So by using the locCode without cityId it would search for the wrong city...but only upon getting the locCode (without 'cityId') from the database.
    Compare: http://accuwxiphonev4.accu-weather.c...=cityId:248272 (correct)
    and: http://accuwxiphonev4.accu-weather.c...ocation=248272 (my mistake)
    The city-number is the same, but due to the absence of the cityId-marker the results are different.
    Last edited by Misj'; 12/16/2014 at 09:54 AM.
    The latter is indeed better, and looks like we were lucky picking the test codes, yesterday (codes not showing the issue) :P

Anyway accuweather does also errors by itself
    http://blstreamhptablet.accu-weather...location=milan

check the chinese city in that list
    Btw, any chance of getting a copy of both AresDebug and Log ?
    ( I still prefer areslog vs lumberjack )
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Btw, any chance of getting a copy of both AresDebug and Log ?
    ( I still prefer areslog vs lumberjack )
    Unfortunately it's not that straight-forward. To get it running I had to use a localhost (in this case a portable version of easyPHP because I use that for work), and you have to set the security for JAVA to allow for the applet to run.

That being said, here is a link to a rar-file on my Box.net: https://app.box.com/s/mfygxiplx8kqmor195w7
    It's not cleaned up, but when you download it, and extract it in your localhost-folder it should be easy enough to get it running (/AresDebug/index.html for the debugger, /AresLog/index.html for AresLog). Bear in mind, that I did not clean up these folders, and they also contain quite a lot of stuff for Ares (that I never got to run). But this should get you going.
    Thanks, and don't worry :P
    Thanks, and don't worry :P
    could you send me a zip/rar with the (source of the) two android apps for accuradio you looked at?
    Last edited by Misj'; 12/16/2014 at 03:41 PM.
    sure, can you pm me an email or ?
    sure, can you pm me an email or ?
    PM'ed you.

I'm already starting to make some headway (but don't know yet whether fixing it will be possible)
    You may not need to do anything... I was about to start patching AccuWeather, and just for the heck of it fired it up. IT'S WORKING AGAIN, unpatched. AccuWeather must have restored the original directories with the XML generation scripts.

Thanks for everyone's hard work, though! I can do some small Javascript patches, but this level was beyond my meager skill set.
    I uninstalled the patch & tested. It didn't work, so I reinstalled the patch. So maybe you had a fluke or it was a location thing or something...
    Accuweather 1.0.6 (unpaid) working on a pre 3 in budapest, but not for the radar view
    Not patched

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Accuweather 1.0.6 (unpaid) working on a pre 3 in budapest, but not for the radar view
    Not patched

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    interesting.. so maybe they're fixing the server
    interesting.. so maybe they're fixing the server

Shortly after this happened, I send a direct message on Twitter to a VP from Accuweather who had favorited a tweet in a conversation about our community fixing the app. He then replied to Alan Morford who had started the conversation asking for more details about the missing feed and said he would look into it. I honestly didn't expect much to happen, but it's nice to see they appear to be working on it.
    Definitely. In a way it's a good method to find out if a company is good or not (or how good it is, actually).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Shortly after this happened, I send a direct message on Twitter to a VP from Accuweather who had favorited a tweet in a conversation about our community fixing the app. He then replied to Alan Morford who had started the conversation asking for more details about the missing feed and said he would look into it. I honestly didn't expect much to happen, but it's nice to see they appear to be working on it.
    There goes my fame and fortune on the webOS forums...several hours of digging through code and json-requests all made null and void by a company that cares for its product :-D

Plus, I guess they didn't really mind us working on a fix...or else they wouldn't favorite it.

ps. On a side-note: I haven't had much time digging further into accuradio.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast