Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    If I open the url https://mobil.dhl.de on my Pre3 I get following error message:

Code:
    HTTP Status 500 - Error Parsing /modules/menu.xhtml: Error Traced[line: 50] Elementtyp "a" muss mit dem entsprechenden Endtag "</a>" beendet werden.
    type Exception report
    message Error Parsing /modules/menu.xhtml: Error Traced[line: 50] Elementtyp "a" muss mit dem entsprechenden Endtag "</a>" beendet werden.
    description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
    exception
    javax.servlet.ServletException: Error Parsing /modules/menu.xhtml: Error Traced[line: 50] Elementtyp "a" muss mit dem entsprechenden Endtag "</a>" beendet werden.
    javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:606)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:238)
    Now I don't know if this is a problem of my Pre3 or a webos problem.
    I've installed the iphone user agent patch, but it didn't solved the problem.

what can I do?
    I've doublechecked the presence of the issue on another pre3 (if this can help)
    same here..
    If you want to keep track of a package-delivery you could use the app "Paketverfolgung" or "Paketverfolgung Lite" (it worked like a charm the last time I used it)
    Otherwise you could try the non-mobile page, it seems to work on the Pre3 (2.2.4).

Hope that helps and greetings from Berlin
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    same here..
    If you want to keep track of a package-delivery you could use the app "Paketverfolgung" or "Paketverfolgung Lite" (it worked like a charm the last time I used it)
    Otherwise you could try the non-mobile page, it seems to work on the Pre3 (2.2.4).

Hope that helps and greetings from Berlin
    Paketverfolgung din't work with dhl anymore. That was the reason for me to try to fix it. But the issue is the mobile site.
    So I need a workaround to load this site.

I was looking for a contact to dhl. But there is no technical issue contact formular :-(
    HerrSchwarz5 likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    now that is interesting. Is it really a non-closed a tag causing the problem? Why would that send a browserengine in a loop? It could or would break proper display of the site but not more.

would be great if a fix comes for Paketverfolgung. I intentionally bought the app before catalogg shutdown to show some support (though the lite version always did it for me.)

greetings from Leipzig
    Try sending the error to webmaster@dhl.de or maybe info@dhl.de

There are usually some default addresses - though it's strange that a business offering web services doesn't have a contact for this - add that to your complaint!

Maybe this?
    http://www.dhl.com/en/logistics/cust...ontact_us.html
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/07/2014 at 04:06 AM.
    so i patched dhl script in paketverfolgung with DKirkers patch on github, but since 2 weeks it's the same on my webos device. It's not only on paketververfolgung but also browser by entering manually.

It occured first to me on the Day had trouble with mTAn mTAN-Versand für Packstationen gestört - heise online and i thought it was the prob.

Perhaps they changed something at that time in the whole system, first i thought certs but its also on http, so no real clue.

Update:
    It always changes to https: so perhaps they have new root cert. will have to look at.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12/08/2014 at 02:37 AM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    so i patched dhl script in paketverfolgung with Kerker patch on github, but since 2 weeks it's the same on my webos device. It's not only on paketververfolgung but also browser by entering manually.

It occured first to me on the Day had trouble with mTAn mTAN-Versand für Packstationen gestört - heise online and i thought it was the prob.

Perhaps they changed something at that time in the whole system, first i thought certs but its also on http, so no real clue.

Update:
    It always changes to https: so perhaps they have new root cert. will have to look at.
    Where can I find the "kerker patch"? Or do you mean dkirker?
    This patch uses mobil.dhl.de too.
    Last edited by jb23; 12/07/2014 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jb23 View Post
    Where can I find the "kerker patch"? Or do you mean dkirker?
    This patch uses mobil.dhl.de too.
    sorry it was the autocorrection - yes i meant https://github.com/dkirker/webos-pat...aketverfolgung
    And yes as i mentioned, it also does not work anymore.

I thought perhaps the old app / web cookies created on webOS before the change on DHL website were the problem, but i already tried deleting the app cookie in /var/palm/data/<paketverfolgung folder>/<id>.db and browser-cookies.db, browser-cookies.db-com.palm.app.browser and restart it but non of it worked.

I also still see dhl tracking/shipment... cookies in Impostah - app cookies - i don't know how to delete them, ebven after delting above and restart they are still there .

https://mobile.dhl.de won't open on webOS - perhaps someone who has never opend that site and without the app paketverfolgung could try this on webos, so that cookies and cache can be ruled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    https://mobile.dhl.de won't open on webOS - perhaps someone who has never opend that site and without the app paketverfolgung could try this on webos, so that cookies and cache can be ruled out.
    That would be me ( test made some days / posts above, with a negative result )
    Ok so i can stop searching on my specific devices for cookies (even if i would like to get did of those app Cookies Show in Impostah).

So now it seems our devices could be redirected to different kind of mobile site, a different XML (Formaten badly) an other uptodate device never lands on. I guess it will be hard to get dhl to fix it.
    This is a backend issue with DHL service. The server app that is handling the Pre3's request appears to have an issue in that mobile.xhtml file (xhtml is strict like xml, whereas html is not). Those errors are generated by a server (note the bit about Java).

You'll need to contact DHL's webmaster. Be sure to note your device and the user agent that is shown at whatismyuseragent.com.

If you have a non-webOS that behaves the same, mention that too. Just saying that your webOS doesn't work might get your request passed up.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Here is the answer from dhl:

...Ihr Betriebssystem Pre3 webOS ist leider nicht mehr das aktuellste und wird auch nicht weiterentwickelt. Für uns ist es schwer, für Betriebssysteme dieser Art, dauerhaft eine Verfügbarkeit sicher zu stellen. Dennoch haben wir den genannten Fehler behoben und auch positiv auf unserer Entwicklungsumgebung getestet.

Aufgrund des aktuellen Weihnachtsgeschäft können wir die neue Version der DHL Paket Mobilen Webseite jedoch erst Mitte Januar inklusive diesem Fix zur Verfügung stellen. ...
    well well well well well... seems they're 100000 times better than a lot of other companies ( fb , hp , etc )
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    indeed! great news.
    Quote Originally Posted by jb23 View Post
    Here is the answer from dhl:
    ...Ihr Betriebssystem Pre3 webOS ist leider nicht mehr das aktuellste und wird auch nicht weiterentwickelt. Für uns ist es schwer, für Betriebssysteme dieser Art, dauerhaft eine Verfügbarkeit sicher zu stellen. Dennoch haben wir den genannten Fehler behoben und auch positiv auf unserer Entwicklungsumgebung getestet.

Aufgrund des aktuellen Weihnachtsgeschäft können wir die neue Version der DHL Paket Mobilen Webseite jedoch erst Mitte Januar inklusive diesem Fix zur Verfügung stellen. ...
    To save a few trips to translation sites:
    Your operating system webOS Pre3 is no longer the latest and will not be further developed. For us it is hard to permanently set for operating systems like this, one uptime. However, we have fixed the bug mentioned and also tested positive for our development environment.

Due to the current holiday shopping season, we can't provide the new version of the DHL package mobile website with this fix until mid-January.
    Is that the mid-January of HP's shutdown? That might mean "until the next change". Might be worth pointing out that webOS won't die on that day & the existence of LuneOS - Obviously, user numbers won't justify support, but if fixes are easy, they might take some extra minutes to add a few lines of code Corrected. I used 2 translators but both read can't as can. So we get a fix! Good news around shutdown time! (makes note of DHL as favoured delivery service).

After the Sony hack, I just had a funny idea: Have any individuals or groups ever hacked into systems to fix bugs? I've heard of it done "just for a look", pranks, malicious reasons and even deliberate penetration testing, but surely there have been instances when IT depts. have not been as responsive as DHL's and someone got tired of complaining and just went it and fixed it...?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/19/2014 at 09:59 AM.
    nah, they just go on holiday and that's likely the first scheduled maintenance of the new year they can fit the patch into.

and is a good question.. I've never heard of such occurrence.
    Oh, wait! Is it bad translation? The site doesn't work for me, so are they saying they CANNOT provide the fix until January?
    exactly. that's the first "date" they can sneak the patch in (and yes, bad translation, your google fu is not strong enough :P )
    Preemptive likes this.
    Hehehe, it is germany, most offices are empty or on a skeleton crew by now, and probable till 5th of January!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast