Results 1 to 4 of 4
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HerrSchwarz5
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I know there were earlier discussion on this but since they haven't helped me so far, I thought I'd start another one. My university email account stopped working a few weeks ago with this error. I'm guessing they updated their certificates and I tried downloading current certificates from my laptop and installing them via certificate manager. That didn't help. Also, I can still access my email via a webpage portal which presumably uses the same certificates. My question is this:
    How do I go about debugging this and figuring out what the problem is? Which logs should I look at for the email app? Where are they located on the system?

    Pre 3 running 2.2.4

    Thanks much
  2. #2  
    You write that you are guessing that a certificate update has caused your problem. But if guessing, how do you know which certificates to update? Have you contacted your University's system administrator to confirm and fix the problem? The admin may be able to fix the problem for you. If not, he or she may at least be able to tell you what the problem is.

    If you discover the fix please post it here. If you need more help, you could start by specifying your university's email system.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You write that you are guessing that a certificate update has caused your problem. But if guessing, how do you know which certificates to update? Have you contacted your University's system administrator to confirm and fix the problem? The admin may be able to fix the problem for you. If not, he or she may at least be able to tell you what the problem is.

    If you discover the fix please post it here. If you need more help, you could start by specifying your university's email system.
    Well, I used https://sslanalyzer.comodoca.com/ to check and saw that the current cert is valid from October 1, 2014 which I think means it was recently updated. They use Microsoft Exchange Server. I've contacted the support desk but so far they haven't been terribly interested in supporting WebOS, as you might imagine.
    Is there an app-specific log (or any other log) I can look at to see what exactly is causing the error message?

    Thanks
  4. #4  
    Recently I had the same problem with one of my mailaccounts.
    After some research I was able to download and install the relevant certificates. I am not 100% sure, if I followed the instructions linked in this thread but I definetely used the openssl command and cut and paste the output.

    I used cygwin on a win7 machine.

    HTH,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Remy X likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. "Requested encryption not supported by server"
    By freebirds in forum webOS Tips, Info & Resources
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02/28/2015, 07:33 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09/04/2010, 11:50 PM
  3. Problems with Pre Help app - "failed to load the requested page"
    By flamand in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11/28/2009, 09:31 AM
  4. Blazer on Centro: "Cannot find requested page"
    By urban75 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06/24/2008, 05:17 PM
  5. Email: "Email chunk too large or server error"
    By dean2526 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11/02/2005, 05:43 PM

Posting Permissions