Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    I never got an email from hp.. very annoying ( the profile is registered to gmail ) :P
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    If HP is shutting down its servers, will there be some way to back up the apps so they can be transferred to a backup phone if the primary phone dies?
    Last edited by BenL; 11/01/2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    If HP is shutting down its servers, will there some way to back up the apps so they can be transferred to a backup phone if the primary phone dies?
    You're a bit late to the party my friend. Much talk about that very thing is happening on several discussions on this very forum. Also check out pivotce.com for news on the subject.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    TJs11thPre and Remy X like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    If HP is shutting down its servers, will there be some way to back up the apps so they can be transferred to a backup phone if the primary phone dies?
    As of right now, volunteers are working to build a repository of apps.

Also, there are threads with explanations for best preparations you can do with your device and with the apps you'd like to keep backups of yourself.

The threads are evolving quickly as people make progress, more volunteers contribute, etc.

Pivot CE well most likely be a great place to watch for summary info.

Short of it is there are steps and plans which if we all work together we can continue standard operations as this HP shutdown comes to pass.

Read for a while here. Then, there are things you should do. And later, things you could support ($) to maintain us as there is no self sustaining infrastructure. We expect to be on our own as a community of hobbyists.

I hope this makes sense for you and any others coming here for guidance. The forum has been busier than in quite a while, so check in often if you wish to maintain viability for your webOS devices.

I'm still using a Pre2 daily with no plans to stop soon.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/01/2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: I wish i could post this on "our front door"
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Got a update notice on my Pre3 today about App Catalogg version 2.1.10, thought I already had the latest version but for some strange reason i was still at 2.0.23. Fishy.
    Last edited by Andreas; 11/02/2014 at 02:10 PM.
    I've been able to download all of my apps, free and paid, with the exception of RockBand. It goes through the entire download process and then moves to the installing process for about 60 seconds, and then fails every time. Have any of you been able to download RockBand? Was one of the ones I really wanted to keep before the shutdown..
    have you tried to download just that package using the ipk downloader located
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-new-post.html here ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    have you tried to download just that package using the ipk downloader located
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-new-post.html here ?
    Was just reading about that this morning, but I have all Mac stuff now, no Windows.. looks like only a Windows solution.. so may have to try and borrow a laptop.
    well, actually the first post should have a reference to a different python version (should work if you have python support installed on the mac)
    I'm unsure which thread is best for my query so have placed it in two! Moderators please adjust if needed.

I'm based in the UK and I have the old App Catalogue displayed. Needed to delete and restore everything to get it working again after Google/CalDav caused many issues.

I have installed the Nodelete patch and most apps I had have downloaded again except my previously paid for ones!

I cannot access the Preferences & Accounts section of the app catalogue so am unable to find out which location is stored. When I try downloading my previously paid for apps error code: LOC04005 is displayed which I assume is a location error?

Any ideas - I'm running out of time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    I'm unsure which thread is best for my query so have placed it in two! Moderators please adjust if needed.

I'm based in the UK and I have the old App Catalogue displayed. Needed to delete and restore everything to get it working again after Google/CalDav caused many issues.

I have installed the Nodelete patch and most apps I had have downloaded again except my previously paid for ones!

I cannot access the Preferences & Accounts section of the app catalogue so am unable to find out which location is stored. When I try downloading my previously paid for apps error code: LOC04005 is displayed which I assume is a location error?

Any ideas - I'm running out of time?
    Looks like it could be @ HP's side, dug out this old thread.

App catalog error!!!

Barry
    Try to check this way

impostah
    app catalog
    check access country
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    Looks like it could be @ HP's side, dug out this old thread.

App catalog error!!!

Barry
    Thanks. I checked the link but there were no actual solutions

There are only a handful of apps I paid for - shame. We've got two weeks...
    Try to check this way

impostah
    app catalog
    check access country
    Yes, country is GB. Seems like the error code isn't looking like a location issue!
    have you tried to download using one of the alternative methods ? (script or web)
    chances that you bought those apps while not being on GB as app catalog ?
    have you tried to download using one of the alternative methods ? (script or web)
    chances that you bought those apps while not being on GB as app catalog ?
    Hmm, an interesting suggestion. Perhaps this is true but the question then is 'why was my TP not on the right country?'

Any other suggestions as to how I could retrieve my apps?
    Script to save all your app IPKs in one step
    You can use the program in the first page, changing to “cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com”, with the list of your apps/missing apps or with the archives I put in that thread (that would allow you do also download close to 3000 free ipks)
    Now my App catalogue does not load on one of my Pre 3 (HP servers are still running )

Can anybody help me out please??

I have tried all erases but not a doctor.

K
    Are you logged into a different webos account on that pre3? It's possible that you need to update the app catalog too.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Are you logged into a different webos account on that pre3? It's possible that you need to update the app catalog too.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    No I am NOT logged in to a different Webos account on any of my Pre3s and the appcatalogue update has been installed.

Please help.

K
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast