Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    will the several staged pull-out dates by HP trigger any emergence of side-loads of other webOS iterations keeping the pre3 & touchpad & veer alive ??
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Not sure if I should chime in or not, but I've also been forced to move on.

Blackberry Passport - a very poor successor to my beloved Pre3, but the closest thing I can find with a proper keyboard. The "hub" is usable, but no replacement for WebOS's email client.

Pre3 will live on my desk as a WiFi device which lets me know about email, and a constant reminder of what a proper phone o/s looks like.

Thanks to everyone in the community, it's been a roller coaster ride, but with some great high points.

I still have fond memories of the days of "Mobile Cash Quest" on my original Pre and the fun we all had working through those puzzles together.

So - farewell - for now. I still have hope that LG might see sense.
    I need, for reasons of personal physical challenges, to be able to have a usable speakerphone that is loud & clear, a keyboard that lets me do 2 thumbs propped in my lap, and pocket entry possible ...the passport is a big phone & for its size doesn't give a huge screen jump, but not small ...the keyboard is a must for me & I wonder about the feel of the keys, is there travel & feedback like the pre3 or just not ?? and why is the email a bear ...can't one get a unified inbox like the pre3 ?? ...& more ?? I don't wanna buy this pricey beast unless it is lookin'gud !!
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I need, for reasons of personal physical challenges, to be able to have a usable speakerphone that is loud & clear, a keyboard that lets me do 2 thumbs propped in my lap, and pocket entry possible ...the passport is a big phone & for its size doesn't give a huge screen jump, but not small ...the keyboard is a must for me & I wonder about the feel of the keys, is there travel & feedback like the pre3 or just not ?? and why is the email a bear ...can't one get a unified inbox like the pre3 ?? ...& more ?? I don't wanna buy this pricey beast unless it is lookin'gud !!
    I've played with a Passport at the Telus store, and I own a Z10, so here's my experience.

You can make the hub better by removing everything but the email. You have to go into the hub options and set texts to just use the text app and not the hub, set BBM to just use its own app and not the hub, etc., etc. You also have to set it so alerts don't go to the hub. Then put the hub icon on your homescreen, and you have it: a unified inbox.

However.... anytime you do the swipe right gesture, it will just go to the last messaging service you had open (mail, text, bbm, etc). So just use the hub icon on the homescreen to go to email, the text icon to go to text, and so on, and think of the swipe gesture as quick access to whatever messenger you had open last.

The passport keyboard felt good to me in the store. The keys have good travel, and strangely, the weird space-key placement didn't seem to bother me, but I didn't use it a lot. I think the biggest challenge would be getting used to two thumb typing on such a big keyboard. There's a lot of reaching to do.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12