Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By elvispre
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  • 3 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    Hopefully, I am mistaken.

According to this thread, "It looks like Facebook stopped accepting SSLv3 connections as a result of a publication of a new attack on SSLv3."

On my Pre3, it looks like that means the Facebook account does not work any more. I can log in through the browser but bye bye contacts, calendar and photo & video uploads (and the Facebook app).
    hayduke7 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by elvispre View Post
    Hopefully, I am mistaken.

According to this thread, "It looks like Facebook stopped accepting SSLv3 connections as a result of a publication of a new attack on SSLv3."

On my Pre3, it looks like that means the Facebook account does not work any more. I can log in through the browser but bye bye contacts, calendar and photo & video uploads (and the Facebook app).
    I am on the same boat! I noticed on saturday night that the photo app... upload to facebook option does not work. I wanted to upload a couple of photos but as mentioned it did not work. Another functionality of our Pre 3s (or webOS devices in general) not working anymore?
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Yes, I've noticed this today too. Might be an app for The Zombie & Dead app list. I'll post a patch request.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Yes, I've noticed this today too. Might be an app for The Zombie & Dead app list. I'll post a patch request.
    Facebook nuked the server-side "app" and everything ever posted through its API. Time to complain to get the posted content reinstated
    I sent this 'bug report':
    Ok what is the deal with nuking the webOS Facebook app again? This is not the first time, and we are tired of it. Most of the content for many of us at webosnation.com is posted from the webOS Facebook app, and when the app gets nuked on the Facebook servers, all of that content is suddenly gone - comments, status updates, photos. Please stop doing this to us! We don't plan on going away, and even if the webOS Facebook app eventually does stop working, it's not fair to us if all of that content disappears permanently.
    And posted this publicly on my status:
    Hey Facebook - stop jacking with us webOS Facebook users!! Stop nuking our Facebook app's permissions and making our posts and photos disappear!
    (not that I think it will make a difference... I'm sure we will have to keep fighting this battle.)
    Remy X, hayduke7 and sshaka like this.
    did the facebook cert recently expire for you also? i just deleted it and two other expired certs trying to troubleshoot Ev staying on for no apparent reason.

would expired certs even do that? i am pissed watching my battery drainaway while the ev light stays on
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I sent this 'bug report':

And posted this publicly on my status:

(not that I think it will make a difference... I'm sure we will have to keep fighting this battle.)
    This should be front page news on some tech site... to get Facebook to recognize this problem from a PRPRPR $angle$
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    This should be front page news on some tech site... to get Facebook to recognize this problem from a PRPRPR $angle$
    Ha! Like that will happen - unless we can twist Derek's arm.
    Remy X and TJs11thPre like this.
    How much of a task is to write an homebrew Facebook app? I'm a mechanical engineer, so my skill set stops with VBVBVB $excel$ $tools$ $and$ $CAD$ $automation$ $tools$, $But$ $if$ $the$ $Facebook$ $App$ $is$ $really$ $dead$, $I$'$m$ $sure$ $the$ $community$ $would$ $be$ $willing$ $to$ $support$ $an$ $app$ $development$.

Just asking,

Jim
    Is it possible to make a 3rd party Facebook App or does Facebook have it on lockdown?
    I haven't noticed 3rd party apps on Android either, so this has been running through my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonn Brantley View Post
    Is it possible to make a 3rd party Facebook App or does Facebook have it on lockdown?
    I haven't noticed 3rd party apps on Android either, so this has been running through my mind.
    It's reasonably easy, actually. While Facebook does care about trademark infringement, they don't limit the use of their network.

Now, if i (or another dev here) built a Facebook app, would anyone be willing to donate towards the community-run Palm Profile server? That would solve two problems at once...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonn Brantley View Post
    Before the "official" Facebook app written by Palm was released, there were a couple of 3rd party Facebook apps, but both seem to be broken now. I suspect they probably don't have full access to everything like an official Facebook app does, but I think it may still be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Before the "official" Facebook app written by Palm was released, there were a couple of 3rd party Facebook apps, but both seem to be broken now. I suspect they probably don't have full access to everything like an official Facebook app does, but I think it may still be possible.
    Hmm... i could do a "MiTM attack" on my Nexus 7 and look at what traffic the Android Facebook app sends out. If we quietly use their own API key and blend in with the Android traffic, they will no longer be able to "flush out" all of our posts and updates through one dumb move

I have other things i need to do today, but i'll reflash a WiFi router ASAP to help me do this more efficiently (for the sake of the Profile Server), and should be able to get a good look at their private API. Right now i'm using a Pre+ Hotspot for Internet and another laptop bridged with mine over wired ethernet before i can use my laptop's WiFi to proxy the mobile device traffic. It's a hassle and i can only borrow the second machine after midnight when i'm barely awake myself
    coolmanqazi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    It's reasonably easy, actually. While Facebook does care about trademark infringement, they don't limit the use of their network.

Now, if i (or another dev here) built a Facebook app, would anyone be willing to donate towards the community-run Palm Profile server? That would solve two problems at once...
    I'm on board for community run server donations.
    It's about the only contribution I can make at this time because I don't do any programming.
    While I don't mind using x.facebook or m.facebook I would definitely pay for an app.

Also I don't know if this is just an issue I'm experiencing or across the whole spectrum, but I can't upload pictures via m.facebook or apps like Macaw, does anybody else experience this?
    facebook app on pre3 useless ...better to use browser via m.facebook.com ...great !!
    Like I said I'm in for a community created Facebook app. Let me know what's going on and I'll donate.

As to possibility, I'm a mechanical engineer, so my coding isn't up to it. But early on in the Windows Surface days there were several non-Facebook Facebook apps, so I think it is possible.

Jim
    any solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by walover View Post
    any solution?
    make a new app or patch the app to update the API and certificates , palm support is gonne and this app is very old and not intuitive for this days, patch the app isnt easy,because the structure tis obsolete and probably stopp working in 2 or 3 months.

or you can use x.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com + quick chat for facebook app, thats enough for me
    I do use m.facebook, which works fine and continues to, even after a password change. But fb as one of my accounts (for contacts) still requires a login and that is broken. And photos that I email to the fb upload address are not going through

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Last edited by susanhilary; 02/18/2015 at 07:46 AM.
    ^ most annoying is that I sort of thought changing the fb password might be a problem, but felt I had to because fb showed some sessions signed in from Texas, not Chicago. But that was just fb location weirdness, not a hacker. So, too bad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums