1.    #1  
    I have just 8tivated the notifications & it seems to indicate GC runs every few minutes... Is that normal or what?
    It is if you have auto gc enabled.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It is if you have auto gc enabled.
    how does this differ from the "run garbage collector" in advanced options in launcher pulldown with advanced somekinda patch installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    how does this differ from the "run garbage collector" in advanced options in launcher pulldown with advanced somekinda patch installed?
    No idea. I have never seen that, because I don't use the advanced patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    It differs in that when you manually press 'run garbage collector' it collects garbage once, whereas 'auto gc' runs the same process every few minutes ~ as you have already observed.

I set mine on 'auto'.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    This app has a resource monitor in its top bar, indicating something in Mbs. What is it? And more importantly, should it be continually increasing by about .05? Is this evidence of a memory leak?

What apps should be listed below? With all apps closed, why do I see things like Camera and Contacts?

Is there something that can identify memory leeks? My phone is being a jerk all day, reboots and battery swaps not really helping clear it up. Example, launcher wouldn't pop up by tapping its arrow icon, but would when I pushed up the wave bar and then selected it from that.

Thanks for all suggestions!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    On the touchpad, some built in apps don't fully close when you slide them away, you have 'slingshot' them to actually stop all processes. Does the pre3 do slingshot close? You might give that a try.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ignore me, I just check on my phone and camera is listed in jstop even though I haven't opened it since the phone booted. Contacts and calendar are also listed even though they aren't currently running... Must be some background services...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It was weird today, some apps wouldn't close, it was like when I tried to slingshot the card as you say, it actually snapped back like tethered to a rubber band. Took a few tries before it finally launched off.

It's just weirder when issues persist beyond a battery swap.

The number does seem to go down when the phone is put to sleep. Example, I just watched it climb from 46 to 49mb, turned off the screen, then turned it on and it was down to 43 and is now climbing again. It seems to wake from sleep at 43.25 and starts climbing by. 05 every 5 sec.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!