Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Garfonso
  1.    #1  
    Sorry for the off-topic.

Known Problem: Mojowhatsapp won’t allow upload of profile picture anymore

Potential Solution: Using a PC, preferably, or other device with the mere intention of uploading a photo on the same whatsapp account without deleting or switching accounts, possible?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Possible, but will probably require re-activation for each device you use, in turn (and will deactivate the others as you activate each one).

PC is not officially supported.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  3.    #3  
    No I meant without re-activation as that would mean re-activate the account on my Pre3 which would again ask me to upload a profile photo with mojowhatsapp would it not? There're workaraounds for PC, like bluestack.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Yes and no...

Yes, if you have your password, you can use in desktop and the webOS devices.

And no... simultaneously, no... you have to close in one device to open in other...

For example: I have the Whatsapp in my GNote 2, my Pre3 and my Veer.

I use my WA account in Pre 3 all time... when I want to change my avatar, I close the MojoWhatsup in Pre 3 and start in GNote 2, make the change, close the WA in Gnote2 and stop the service and open again in Pre 3.

When I have to go to some party, I close the MojoWhatsup in Pre 3 and open in Veer. So, I can go to party with the Veer and leave the Pre 3 in my home. After go home, I close the MWU in Veer and open again in Pre 3.

So, works... but never in same time...

I don't know if I'm clear, but this is the idea...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  5.    #5  
    I use my WA account in Pre 3 all time... when I want to change my avatar, I close the MojoWhatsup in Pre 3 and start in GNote 2, make the change, close the WA in Gnote2 and stop the service and open again in Pre 3.
    Oh right, this is very interesting, so when you "open again" in your Pre3 the photo you previously uploaded using your GNote2 (I will use a PC) is still there together with your status message, contacts, chat history and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Yes and no...

Yes, if you have your password, you can use in desktop and the webOS devices.
    I'm not sure, what is it meant by password? A friend told me that when you change device Whatsapp sends you a code to verify your account, is that what you mean by password? When you keep switching between Pre3, Veer (this is the party phone huh?), and GNote2, is the password always the same?
    My devices: Android Phone and HP Veer.

I did it this way:

1. Activate whatsapp on Android Phone.. SMS activation did not work (because SIM that receives SMS still is in my Veer... don't know why I should use SMS on a device without keyboard). So I let them call me. Noted down activation code. This is important. You'll need to have the activation code, too.

2. Get password with the apk that was posted in the MojoWhatsapp thread.

3. Fire up MojoWhatsapp on webOS device, go to account settings, enter everything needed. The activation code you remembered earlier goes into "CODE" section, omit the "-". So it is just 6 numbers.

4. Press Login and it will ask for the Password, enter what you extracted from the Android phone.

Congratulations WhatsApp now works simultaneously on you Android device and your webOS device. They even vibrate both, if you get a message and stuff. It's fun. My main purpose was to type messages on my Veer... it's much easier for me there. But MojoWhatsapp slows down the Veer, which I need for much other stuff, too. So I let it closed most of the times and receive messages on the Android phone, that has not much else to do.
    Rnp likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    My devices: Android Phone and HP Veer.

I did it this way:

1. Activate whatsapp on Android Phone.. SMS activation did not work (because SIM that receives SMS still is in my Veer... don't know why I should use SMS on a device without keyboard). So I let them call me. Noted down activation code. This is important. You'll need to have the activation code, too.

2. Get password with the apk that was posted in the MojoWhatsapp thread.

3. Fire up MojoWhatsapp on webOS device, go to account settings, enter everything needed. The activation code you remembered earlier goes into "CODE" section, omit the "-". So it is just 6 numbers.

4. Press Login and it will ask for the Password, enter what you extracted from the Android phone.

Congratulations WhatsApp now works simultaneously on you Android device and your webOS device. They even vibrate both, if you get a message and stuff. It's fun. My main purpose was to type messages on my Veer... it's much easier for me there. But MojoWhatsapp slows down the Veer, which I need for much other stuff, too. So I let it closed most of the times and receive messages on the Android phone, that has not much else to do.
    This is not working for me, I created the Whatsapp account on the Android device but now can't access Mojowhatsapp anymore, password failure.. just what I feared, all for a stupid profile photo..

EDIT: It does work! Sorry, had confused an "l" for a "1" in the password settings! I still have to give it a good try but it seems ok now, thanks. I suppose the only drawback would be that from now on I'll have to pay Zuckerberg since the Android will not renew the app otherwise, while Mojowhatsapp never expired on my phone lol. Anyhow, very small price to pay..
    Also, if anyone wants to try, in my case I didn't need to type in the code anywhere, just the password.
    Last edited by crowning73; 10/02/2014 at 10:25 AM.