Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mpcollins
  1.    #1  
    I have three archives of the save/restore folder: 06/23, 09/15 and 09/24. The archive from June was made a few days before my phone died with that app catalog full error. I want to restore that archive however I can't get the app to acknowledge that one. I tried copying the individual zip files in each saverestore folder from June into the current saverestore main folder. I tried it again, renaming the older one to the latest file's name. Is there any way to get that new total into Save/Restore so that it will restore them? I want to get my last good copy of TealSpeed from it; I HATE having to rebuild that thing from scratch every single time.

Thanks....
    Did you read this: Understanding the Homebrew Save/Restore App | webOS Nation
    Specially the restore part..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    Did you read this: Understanding the Homebrew Save/Restore App | webOS Nation
    Specially the restore part..
    Yes, I believe that I have read this before. However I did not see anything about making the app acknowledge any restore that it had 'lost' sight of. Am I missing something? At this point, I would be happy to get it to 'see' anything in the zip files; right now the last save zip files are there.
    If you want to restore an older archive for a particular app, make sure that is the only zip file in that app's save/restore subdirectory.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If you want to restore an older archive for a particular app, make sure that is the only zip file in that app's save/restore subdirectory.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I did that. When I originally zipped up each save/restore folder, I dated them. As I unzipped them, I renamed the main save/restore back to the original, after deleting what was already there. Once save/restore

I just ran Save/Restore again, at 3:33pm. The list shows that I have 37 items to save. 37 saved and 30 now show to be restored. I then zip the saverestore folder with a new name and delete the folder itself. I run Save/Restore and it of course no longer has a total to be Restored. I unzip that same file and rename it back. I then close then reopen Save/Restore. The Restore number does not come back. It's as though once it loses the file, it can't get back the file and data information. Is there any way around this, please?

So, are you saying that I must get rid of all of the other zips, even though that don't no longer have only 'saverestore' as the name, rename the last zip to only 'saverestore' and then run Save/Restore? Will the app realize it's is related and automatically unzip saverestore.zip? When I unzipped that file myself it didn't recognize it. Could it be that because I added the date to saverestore.zip, that caused a problem for the Restore subtask?

Thanks....
    When saverestore make a backup - and a zip-file - it keeps track of the name of the zipfile. So if you have doctored your phone, you should first make a backup of all your applications. So in the folder saverestore/com.app.tealspeed you will have 20140930T129030+0100.zip (example).
    Now when you put back an old zip-file it should be named exactly the same as this (very new) zip, and when you restore you will have your data back.

You will have to do this app by app (i think).
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    When saverestore make a backup - and a zip-file - it keeps track of the name of the zipfile. So if you have doctored your phone, you should first make a backup of all your applications. So in the folder saverestore/com.app.tealspeed you will have 20140930T129030+0100.zip (example).
    Now when you put back an old zip-file it should be named exactly the same as this (very new) zip, and when you restore you will have your data back.

You will have to do this app by app (i think).
    I think that I tried that; I will try that before and let you know. Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    I have not been able to get anything to work. If I can't get the original Save/Restore backup from other 2 to work, then I am very screwed, because the idea of rebuilding a very big DB and Tealspeed icons from memory just makes me want to punch somethingl.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    I have not been able to get anything to work. If I can't get the original Save/Restore backup from other 2 to work, then I am very screwed, because the idea of rebuilding a very big DB and Tealspeed icons from memory just makes me want to punch somethingl.
    Ok, I took a chill pill and started over by getting rid of every saverestore item on 3 and copied the last one from the 2 and restored from there. Got my Data Manager back, my GCal works and now i just have to sign in to my emails again. Sorry and thanks guys.
    Preemptive and poehoes like this.

Patience and perseverance are great virtues in the world of webOS. You have learned well, young grasshopper.