1.    #1  
    I've got another phone in another boot loop. I'm not even sure why this one hit. I've been spending the day trying different webOS Doctor versions for my AT&T (kinda sorta-almost-not quite) 4G. I've tried 7 versions, however nothing will get the phone to actually connect to the PC. I also tried opt+sym+R and opt+sym+U and nada. I've run out of ideas. Any suggestions? Help please.

Last edited by mpcollins; 09/20/2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Added information
    Are you saying you can't get your phone into recovery mode? Turn the phone off and hold power and volume up at the same time until you see the large USB symbol.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Are you saying you can't get your phone into recovery mode? Turn the phone off and hold power and volume up at the same time until you see the large USB symbol.
    I just tried that combination and that didn't do anything; it's still alternating between the blinking HP and the AT&T screen. I can't even turn it off: it alternates between the two screens until it runs out of juice.
    charge it up, pull the battery, put the battery back in, hold down volume up while turning it on
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #5  
    Ok, very early this morning, after a number of tries, I got the phone to USB more and got webOS Doctor to work. The phone itself is working, and I got some of my history back. Now, I'm trying to get everything else back. Preware isn't recognizing the phone and even after changing the date back, I can't get the App Catalog to work, so I can't get Preware that way either. I'll have to go back through my posts and see if I can get some of it back.

Thanks....
    I assume you mean WOSQI when you say you can't get Preware to see your phone. You need to reenable developer mode. Open the phone app and dial #*DEVMODE# and hit send. Flip the switch. WOSQI will now see your phone and you can install Preware.

As far as the app catalog goes. Try this https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    Follow me on Twitter
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I assume you mean WOSQI when you say you can't get Preware to see your phone. You need to reenable developer mode. Open the phone app and dial #*DEVMODE# and hit send. Flip the switch. WOSQI will now see your phone and you can install Preware.

As far as the app catalog goes. Try this https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    Yes, I just figured out that I didn't have Developer mode on; I happened to read over the Preware Homebrew again and saw that. I will try connecting to Quick Install in a bit. I didn't know about the phone app entrance into Dev mode; I tried the one in the document which didn't work, so I googled and found the UUDDLRLRB that I was familiar with. Earlier, I changed my date back, ran the App Catalog Update, and rebooted and now my apps are loading. I still need to try re-installing Database Manager and Shopping Manager. I also need to load SaveRestore so that I can get all of the rest of the stuff back. I'll have to do the VivaLV app re-installs first, then run a previous SaveRestore, which has their databases, then run my most current backup from a few days ago: thank goodness that I had done that. At the moment, my app catalog seems to be kind of stuck, so I have to try that in awhile. Hopefully, when I Restore, I'll get all of my patches back, including the Google Sync one. I already went and checked off as many security certificates that I could think to go to, including going to both Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.

Thanks again for the quick responses guys. I'll let you know how things develop as I go. You know, I needed to do all of this anyway, for a few of the things above that weren't installing correctly. I just didn't plan on having to do it this way. Since I had waited to long to do it, maybe the phone was forcing my hand and making me do it lol.

I somewhat have a list of the things that need to be done whenever I have to do this. I need to create one with the exact order of things to make the reloads somewhat smoother, like making sure developer is on before attempting Quick Install: that always comes to mind after I lost some minutes trying to get it to work and having no success ....
    Last edited by mpcollins; 09/22/2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added another paragraph
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    Yes, I just figured out that I didn't have Developer mode on; I happened to read over the Preware Homebrew again and saw that. I will try connecting to Quick Install in a bit. I didn't know about the phone app entrance into Dev mode; I tried the one in the document which didn't work, so I googled and found the UUDDLRLRB that I was familiar with. Earlier, I changed my date back, ran the App Catalog Update, and rebooted and now my apps are loading. I still need to try re-installing Database Manager and Shopping Manager. I also need to load SaveRestore so that I can get all of the rest of the stuff back. I'll have to do the VivaLV app re-installs first, then run a previous SaveRestore, which has their databases, then run my most current backup from a few days ago: thank goodness that I had done that. At the moment, my app catalog seems to be kind of stuck, so I have to try that in awhile. Hopefully, when I Restore, I'll get all of my patches back, including the Google Sync one. I already went and checked off as many security certificates that I could think to go to, including going to both Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.

Thanks again for the quick responses guys. I'll let you know how things develop as I go. You know, I needed to do all of this anyway, for a few of the things above that weren't installing correctly. I just didn't plan on having to do it this way. Since I had waited to long to do it, maybe the phone was forcing my hand and making me do it lol.

I somewhat have a list of the things that need to be done whenever I have to do this. I need to create one with the exact order of things to make the reloads somewhat smoother, like making sure developer is on before attempting Quick Install: that always comes to mind after I lost some minutes trying to get it to work and having no success ....
    UPDATE: The app catalog has now installed all of my apps, including the ones that I have not been able to get reloaded for quite sometime. webOS Quick Install now recognizes my device however I can't get it to install the gsync patch, and I have to keep stopping it via the task manager. When I click on the globe, it shows that no apps are available. I can go into device management and see what is installed on my phone. Once I can get Quick Install running, I can reload Preware and SaveRestore and then put back the DB layouts for the VivaLV apps and their databases and then upload a current copy from GDrive; get TealSpeed to put back my shortcuts and hopefully put my icons on the pages where I originally had them. Then the last thing to do would be to get the emails connected again, which I have also been without for quite some weeks.
    Follow me on Twitter
  10.    #10  
    I have not tried to add anything via Preware for some time, so no I did not know about this. Thanks! I've gotten them to load! Might that be reason that I couldn't reload my stuff from the app catalog?

I'll be back when (hopefully) get my email back....

BTW... Sometime back, someone mentioned sometime back that I might be able to use one of the homebrew apps to figure out the assigned to a created from another app that put it on the launcher. I wish to be able to put that new app onto a TealSpeed button. Thanks.

(Sep 24) Update: Still working on save/restore: looks like I will have to move the DBs manually; no biggie, I've done that before.

I just reread my last paragraph. Whew! Let me try that again lol.
    Sometime back, someone had mentioned that I might be able to use one of the homebrew apps to figure out how to get the app ID of a shortcut that gets put onto/into the launcher. Data Manager can create a shortcut to one of my DBs and I want to put that shortcut into TealSpeed. Isn't there something that can locate it?
    Last edited by mpcollins; 09/24/2014 at 10:39 PM. Reason: rewriting previous message