09/22/2014, 11:58 AM
Yes, I just figured out that I didn't have Developer mode on; I happened to read over the Preware Homebrew again and saw that. I will try connecting to Quick Install in a bit. I didn't know about the phone app entrance into Dev mode; I tried the one in the document which didn't work, so I googled and found the UUDDLRLRB that I was familiar with. Earlier, I changed my date back, ran the App Catalog Update, and rebooted and now my apps are loading. I still need to try re-installing Database Manager and Shopping Manager. I also need to load SaveRestore so that I can get all of the rest of the stuff back. I'll have to do the VivaLV app re-installs first, then run a previous SaveRestore, which has their databases, then run my most current backup from a few days ago: thank goodness that I had done that. At the moment, my app catalog seems to be kind of stuck, so I have to try that in awhile. Hopefully, when I Restore, I'll get all of my patches back, including the Google Sync one. I already went and checked off as many security certificates that I could think to go to, including going to both Hotmail.com and Outlook.com.
Originally Posted by Alan Morford
Thanks again for the quick responses guys. I'll let you know how things develop as I go. You know, I needed to do all of this anyway, for a few of the things above that weren't installing correctly. I just didn't plan on having to do it this way. Since I had waited to long to do it, maybe the phone was forcing my hand and making me do it lol.
I somewhat have a list of the things that need to be done whenever I have to do this. I need to create one with the exact order of things to make the reloads somewhat smoother, like making sure developer is on before attempting Quick Install: that always comes to mind after I lost some minutes trying to get it to work and having no success ....