Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By Sukiyaki
  • 1 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    I thought we had a section for ringtones, but I guess not, so I'm putting this here since this is one of the most active forums. I finally upgraded my phone (sorry guys...I have a BB z30 now...2 days in...). It's not webos, but the other browser was too slow and something was leaking data and running up my data plan. I'm keeping my pre3 as a wifi device, but I really want the default text message sound so I can use it on my new phone. Does anyone have it or can you tell me how to extract it? It's not listed with the rest of the ringtones on my pre3.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    You might want to check /usr/palm/sounds

It has the following files:
    alert.wav
    notification.wav
    phone.wav
    ringtone.mp3
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Sukiyaki and krotech like this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You might want to check /usr/palm/sounds

It has the following files:
    alert.wav
    notification.wav
    phone.wav
    ringtone.mp3
    I swear Herrie, you are a national treasure. For real. If you aren't in the US that makes you an international treasure...lol... The notification wav was the one I needed. I'm trying to do everything I can to bring any bit of webOS I can to this phone, and this helps immensely. I was sad at the thought I might not ever hear that text notification sound again. You've made me very happy!!!
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Happy to help
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    That sound is so ugly but loved...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanjpm View Post
    That sound is so ugly but loved...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I use the original alerts before they changed them to have more bass with the first webos update
    Last edited by laingman; 09/10/2014 at 06:09 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Can you upload them?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    I'll upload what I have soon as I get to my pc
  9.    #9  
    Thanks! I can't get to it until later anyway so don't rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Thanks! I can't get to it until later anyway so don't rush.

I am a bit confused if there's is a unique text message alert or you meant the system notifications. Anyways thats what I have, the original files before they made them deeper. See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I am a bit confused if there's is a unique text message alert or you meant the system notifications. Anyways thats what I have, the original files before they made them deeper. See attached
    This is what I was looking for. Thanx!! The sound of the one on my pre 3 I like better tho. I thought yours would be deeper because you said it had more bass,but I misread your response, and you had actually said the opposite. I use the aol got mail message for my email as well. I used to have one for voicemail, but something happened when one of the software upgrades were done, and we could no customize that sound. I attached the sound file tho, the one for notifications and the old one I used for voicemail.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    This is what I was looking for. Thanx!! The sound of the one on my pre 3 I like better tho. I thought yours would be deeper because you said it had more bass,but I misread your response, and you had actually said the opposite. I use the aol got mail message for my email as well. I used to have one for voicemail, but something happened when one of the software upgrades were done, and we could no customize that sound. I attached the sound file tho, the one for notifications and the old one I used for voicemail.
    I had forgotten what that version of the default alert sounded like . Thanks.
    Sukiyaki likes this.