1.    #1  
    After doctoring I have 3 youtube icons on the launcher, I don't even use the app, I tried webosqi, software manager, preware, and catalogue but it's just not there. Also, can I delete unused/unwanted icons?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    I believe stock apps can't be deleted, just move the icon to the last page or something. Don't know why you would have three youtube icons tho.

To delete an app, hold down the option key (the white square key below the "a" key) and tap the icon for the app you wish to elete
  3.    #3  

Beats me, I haven't got a clue either, but there they are, all three of them! As if the phone didn't have memory problems already..

That option of holding down the key is not working for me Delete an application or launcher icon | webOS Nation, maybe it only worked with the Pre I don't know..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Click to view quoted image

Beats me, I haven't got a clue either, but there they are, all three of them! As if the phone didn't have memory problems already..

That option of holding down the key is not working for me Delete an application or launcher icon | webOS Nation, maybe it only worked with the Pre I don't know..
    weird.

i don't see youtube in the software mgr, so can't delete that way.

but holding the white button, then tapping my youtube icon DID prompt a pop up dialog with a big red REMOVE button. sorry i can't tap it to test. this IS 2.2.4 but a pre2.

does this method work for you on any other icons? i checked a few. the Phone app, only has a DONE button. but Quickoffice has a red DELETE button. so 'remove' should eliminate those icons even if it won't uninstall the whole app.

MORE INFO:

i just checked what impostah could see.

in the apps tab, selecting 'system installed' i could see youtube as an installed package with an application record. the top left drop down menu offered a "delete item" button. maybe try that?

it also shows the location of the icon files. you could navigate there with internalz and replace the icon with a little happy face instead. lol j/k
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 09/05/2014 at 11:28 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    but holding the white button, then tapping my youtube icon DID prompt a pop up dialog with a big red REMOVE button. sorry i can't tap it to test. this IS 2.2.4 but a pre2.

does this method work for you on any other icons? i checked a few. the Phone app, only has a DONE button. but Quickoffice has a red DELETE button. so 'remove' should eliminate those icons even if it won't uninstall the whole
    No, holding the icons only moves them about irrespective of holding down the key or not, my assumption is that this method Delete an application or launcher icon | webOS Nation only worked for the classic Pre, and for the Pre2 now that you mention it, but was discontinued in the Pre3. Unfortunately on the web I can't find anyone with the same issue.
    Well I don't know. I assume your pre3 is running 2.2.4 and when I was running that version of webos I deleted apps by holding down the option Key and tapping the app to bring up delete option.

So what about software manager, swipe to delete not work there? What happens when you try that?

I don't know about youtube because Webos won't allow deletion of stock apps, far as I know, but one of those method should work for deleting installed apps.
    Last edited by laingman; 09/06/2014 at 07:33 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Well I don't know. I assume your pre3 is running 2.2.4 and when I was running that version of webos I deleted apps by holding down the option Key and tapping the app to bring up delete option.

So what about software manager, swipe to delete not work there? What happens when you try that?
    You can't see the youtube app on software manager, nor with webosqi, preware, or catalogue. I did install impostah and you're right there's an option delete, I'm just a bit scared to use it at present since I've never used impostah and I just doctored the phone, wouldn't want to have to redoctor it so soon
    Click to view quoted image

On my device, I have two YouTube icons (at my home-screen on my Palm Pre 3) but somehow I don't pay attention to that. I simply tend to write it off as one more quirk/bugs of the quick rush-push software release affected by the HP shutdown of WebOS.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    On my device, I have two YouTube icons (at my home-screen on my Palm Pre 3) but somehow I don't pay attention to that.
    I think that's the best option! Ignore them until someone will be sure there's a safe way to remove them.
    did some searching but cant find it, there was an ooooooooold thread somewhere on this exact topic which got linked with another thread where icons from failed downloads also stuck around and couldnt be deleted the normal way, someone pointed me/us to various places to check where the offending icon/partial packages could be removed so they didnt show up again.

......i just cant find it atm but theres some threads out there somewhere, i had the exact same issue with the youtube app many moons ago on my pre3 and something similar on the touchpad with failed downloads/updated packages leaving their icons behind, its just been that long that i cant remember the fix without those old threads.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Whenever I wanted to remove stubborn stuff from webOS (or lock stuff I don't want leaving, or make "hidden" things show up) I would edit the app manifest using WinSCP.

Of course, this method requires you have Preware installed and the SSH package and have it set up. Then, you'll need to SSH or use WinSCP to connect to the device and then you'll need to navigate to the offending app directories and do your deleting/editing. An app re-scan afterwards should clean things up (a patch for this menu option in Luna Sysmgr is available in preware).
    You can't see the youtube app on software manager, nor with webosqi, preware, or catalogue. I did install impostah and you're right there's an option delete, I'm just a bit scared to use it at present since I've never used impostah and I just doctored the phone, wouldn't want to have to redoctor it so soon
    What? Delete that thing and tell us what happens! Do it do it do it...