Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi there,
    After popping on WEBOS QI for the first time in a while, ( i'm about to try Mutoidi's on screen keyboard install) - Most Kind of you to type this up... :-D

    However i am seeing some worry-some, never-before-seen, behaviour from WOSQI....

    After connecting the Pre3 ..( Choosing 'just charge') .. Like always.
    WOSQI launches ok..
    A quick 'Tools/ Device management'... has WOSQI interrogate the Pre 3 & correctly displays the contents and spec of my Pre 3 ... So it is clearly talking to WOSQI ok..

    However WOSQI iteself........ If i press the 'refresh' globe icon, WOSQI goes through the motions of 'downloading & parsing' ... however, once complete...
    ALL the tabs excepts for 'Themes' are EMPTY, saying 'no packages found'...
    Is there a Problem with the online repository that WOSQI loads from?
    Who manages this & are they aware of the problem?

    Additionally, despite proving that WOSQI 'is' talking to my Pre3, upon dragging the 'enabling keyboard' patch file onto WOSQI, & pressing 'Install' .... The pop up window just sits there saying 'connecting' & doesn't complete.

    Has my WOSQI got corrupted somehow?
    i DO have NOVACOMD.EXE Is running in the background.

    Any ideas?
    Cheers
  2.    #2  
    In fact, running the Preware app on the Pre3, it is puking up an error message during loading, that is never usually seen.

    Seems that the DB is down?
  3. #3  
    Preware feeds site is down at the moment. If it's temporarily or will be permanent we don't know yet. Still waiting for a webOS internal comment.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    In fact, running the Preware app on the Pre3, it is puking up an error message during loading, that is never usually seen.

    Seems that the DB is down?
    Looks like an Indonesian company snatched the preware.org domain...:

    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Oh no, this doesn't look good, whois shows registrant as:
    Company: HSU (Hendrawati Afiatin)
    Address: JL markissa 17 Depok Jawa Barat 16512 Indonesia
    ...
  5.    #5  
    "Looks like an Indonesian company snatched the preware.org domain...:"

    WHAT!!? Who the HELL let this lapse? - Especially knowing how important it is!
    Who was/is responsible for it? - Sorry if i offend, but this is pretty sloppy if it is true.

    Does ANYONE know about the following? - WHO they are? Are they involved with WebOS etc?

    Technical Contact Information:
    Name: Hendrawati Afiatin
    Organization: HSU
    City: Depok
    State: Jawa Barat
    Zip: 16512
    Country: ID
    Phone: +62.2149025828
    Email: afiatin.hendrawati@gmail.com

    WHO is Hendrawati Afiatin? is he part of the preware management?
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 08/30/2014 at 03:09 AM.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    In fact, running the Preware app on the Pre3, it is puking up an error message during loading, that is never usually seen.

    Seems that the DB is down?
    Yes.. '.org' lapsed - '.net' instead:

    Please see: Error: Feed loading failed

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/30/2014 at 12:32 PM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    In fact, running the Preware app on the Pre3, it is puking up an error message during loading, that is never usually seen.

    Seems that the DB is down?
    A workaround exists, look here:
    Error: Feed loading failed
  8.    #8  
    ..................................................
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 08/30/2014 at 01:12 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    WHO can fix this so that BOTH preware AND WOSQI work again?

    Sorry to say it, bit this is pretty shabby of whoever IS in charge / manages these VITAL services (domain name(s), preware, WOSQI etc) to keep Our Beloved Palm devices working.. (Busy lives of not...)
    - If i'd been the one to let things lapse & break, I'd take the bollocking on the chin!....

    Anyway, hope it all gets sorted soon.
    Yo, read that thread he linked to. A new version of Preware has been released to fix the problem. They are still working on getting the domain back, but a workaround has been put in place.
    Alan Morford likes this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    WHO can fix this so that BOTH preware AND WOSQI work again?

    Sorry to say it, bit this is pretty shabby of whoever IS in charge / manages these VITAL services (domain name(s), preware, WOSQI etc) to keep Our Beloved Palm devices working.. (Busy lives of not...)
    - If i'd been the one to let things lapse & break, I'd take the bollocking on the chin!....

    Anyway, hope it all gets sorted soon.
    Monday morning quarterbacks... You can edit your hosts file to add 140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org and WOSQI will work. Or feel free to contribute and edit WOSQI which is open sourced and resubmit it to aide the community in the solution. http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-5-0-a.html
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Monday morning quarterbacks... You can edit your hosts file to add 140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org and WOSQI will work. Or feel free to contribute and edit WOSQI which is open sourced and resubmit it to aide the community in the solution. http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-5-0-a.html
    I don't know how to build java, but found the two source files that have references to preware.org in Jay's github:
    https://github.com/JayCanuck/webos-quick-install
    Here are the files:
    src/ca/canucksoftware/ipkg/PackageManager.java
    and
    src/ca/canucksoftware/wosqi/Installer.java

    I realize this is not much help, but doing what I can...
  12. #12  
    Nice. So I took that info and opened WOSQI with 7zip. I couldn't find the Installer (.class after build) file but I did find PackageManager.class. I opened the file with this Java Class File Editor | SourceForge.net. I searched for preware.org and changed everything to preware.net. I then deleted the hosts file line I added for the workaround. I opened WOSQI and plugged in my Pre3. Feeds loaded from preware.net. See screenshot. I was able to grab a patch and install it just fine. I would upload it but I have NO IDEA what the rules are. Suffice it to say you can do exactly what I did in the meantime.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Preemptive likes this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Nice. So I took that info and opened WOSQI with 7zip. I couldn't find the Installer (.class after build) file but I did find PackageManager.class. I opened the file with this Java Class File Editor | SourceForge.net. I searched for preware.org and changed everything to preware.net. I then deleted the hosts file line I added for the workaround. I opened WOSQI and plugged in my Pre3. Feeds loaded from preware.net. See screenshot. I was able to grab a patch and install it just fine. I would upload it but I have NO IDEA what the rules are. Suffice it to say you can do exactly w
    hat I did in the meantime.
    hope you can upload the patch


    Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Nice. So I took that info and opened WOSQI with 7zip. I couldn't find the Installer (.class after build) file but I did find PackageManager.class. I opened the file with this Java Class File Editor | SourceForge.net. I searched for preware.org and changed everything to preware.net. I then deleted the hosts file line I added for the workaround. I opened WOSQI and plugged in my Pre3. Feeds loaded from preware.net. See screenshot. I was able to grab a patch and install it just fine. I would upload it but I have NO IDEA what the rules are. Suffice it to say you can do exactly what I did in the meantime.
    That's a great start! I'm sure you can post a patch for open source software. You could also send it to Mr Robitaille so all he has to do is swap it into the package and post the new version.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Well, it's not a patch. Here's the .class file. On your computer, right click on WebOSQuickInstall-4.5.0.jar and choose Open with and choose 7zip or winrar (or whatever compression tool you have installed). Then click on these directories in order ca > canucksoftware > ipkg. Download the attached file and extract it. Then just drag it into the 7zip (or whatever you use) window to replace the PackageFeed.class that is already there. Accept any warning then close the app. Open WOSQI like normal and all should be fine.

    Mods if I'm breaking a rule please tell me. I know WOSQI is open sourced but I don't want to do something I'm not supposed to. If I can post my version of WOSQI, let me know. That's a lot easier!
    would be great if you upload the ipk. I personally love. thank you for your dedication.

    Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
  16. #16  
    WOSQI is a jar file. I uploaded what you need to fix WOSQI. Preware is an ipk found here http://ipkg.preware.net/feeds/webos-...1.9.13_arm.ipk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    WOSQI is a jar file. I uploaded what you need to fix WOSQI. Preware is an ipk found here http://ipkg.preware.net/feeds/webos-...1.9.13_arm.ipk
    hello alan. thanks for your time. I've done what I suggested but still appears no packages. photo below as I get.

    Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2



    I edit. I tried the first method is in pívotCE already worked. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joshua764; 08/30/2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Preemptive likes this.
  18. #18  
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  19. #19  
    I think you must try to install NOVACOMD's driver for your computer first
  20. #20  
    I deleted my post with the PackageFeed.class file and instructions. For whatever reason, I couldn't get the fix to duplicate. Sorry folks. Just gotta wait until Jason R. commits the change to Github and hopefully updates this post http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-5-0-a.html
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. webos quick install problem
    By PreJim in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12/29/2012, 11:54 PM
  2. WebOS Quick Install problem
    By chiefo in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08/25/2011, 07:10 PM
  3. Problem with webos quick install
    By tarhead in forum WebOS Internals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08/14/2010, 06:06 PM
  4. WebOS Quick Install problem.
    By Steve_04 in forum webOS Themes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05/06/2010, 04:47 PM
  5. WebOS Quick Install problem
    By Marbury in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03/31/2010, 09:42 AM

Posting Permissions