Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By guilledil
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  • 1 Post By benh
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    Help! as of yesterday my Pre3 (two months old) has been giving me the "Memory Critical Too Many cards" most of the time it is only mojowhatsapp open, I have been restarting it a lot but it would show it again and would not let me open anything else (except of course phone and such)
    Please help me!, it disrupts the very essense of webOS, MULTITASKING.
    I have not installed anything new, the only thing I did was to erase some audio notes from the mojowhatsapp received ones...
    Even after I close everything it remains like this for a while until I restart it...
    I LOVE MY PHONE pleeeeasee help!!!
    If you don't already have it, I recommend installing Uberkernel and Govnah. Even if you don't overclock the CPU (I do not on my Pre3) it should stop the too many cards error unless some app is going nuts sucking up memory.
    katkiller likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If you don't already have it, I recommend installing Uberkernel and Govnah. Even if you don't overclock the CPU (I do not on my Pre3) it should stop the too many cards error unless some app is going nuts sucking up memory.
    exactly, the uberkernel default profile has compressed swap enabled so it should stop the tmc error (from what i understand that is reason... i hope i am not wrong)
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    katkiller likes this.
    'JSTop' Garbage Collect App may be useful too anyway - if you do not already have it installed.
    Set to 'Auto GC'.
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/29/2014 at 01:58 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    katkiller likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    My wife's pre3 started playing up recently with tmc errors and fast battery drain.

First I did as above and installed uberkernal and govnah, then jstop with autogc and the tmc errors seemed to go away but the battery was still draining too fast.

In the end I think it was related to a google account, particularly the calendar. I installed the latest contact sync patch, but the battery drain didn't stop until I relogged into the account.

Now all running well, so maybe some of these things will help.

Ben
    katkiller likes this.
  6.    #6  
    thank you so much I did not have it, I have just installed it, hope it goes well, any recommendations or pros and cons on the different overclocking profiles or should i just keep it in the default?
    The problem is most likely the Google account. I had the same on my Veer Installed the patch and all problems gone!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    katkiller likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The problem is most likely the Google account. I had the same on my Veer Installed the patch and all problems gone!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    +1. Same on Pre3. Patch installed - problem is gone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums