Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    When I set up Save/Restore, I included both of these apps, however I was not able to restore the data. I tried deleting the apps, hoping the by putting them back, it would 'reset' anything that might have gotten messed up. I get 'install failed' when I try to do that.

    How can I tell if they are no longer in the catalog, even though the catalog still shows them to be there? Does a backup of the catalog exist? I still have both apps on my abandoned Pre 2. Would I be able to salvage them from there? I use Data Manager to store my passwords and some other data, and I am having to resort to going to my saved DB copy in GDrive (thank goodness I had downloaded it a month or so before.) That is not all that bad, however my 'normal' way would be much, much better.

    Thanks...
    Monica
  2. #2  
    Can you download anything else from the catalog? Have you restarted the Pre3?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  3.    #3  
    I just tried to download some that I had previously and was not able to. I've already changed the date back to Jun 23rd, 2012 and then rebooted. No luck. Are there other things that I can go to get these back, please?

    Thanks ....
    Monica
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    When I set up Save/Restore, I included both of these apps, however I was not able to restore the data. I tried deleting the apps, hoping the by putting them back, it would 'reset' anything that might have gotten messed up. I get 'install failed' when I try to do that.

    How can I tell if they are no longer in the catalog, even though the catalog still shows them to be there? Does a backup of the catalog exist? I still have both apps on my abandoned Pre 2. Would I be able to salvage them from there? I use Data Manager to store my passwords and some other data, and I am having to resort to going to my saved DB copy in GDrive (thank goodness I had downloaded it a month or so before.) That is not all that bad, however my 'normal' way would be much, much better.

    Thanks...
    Monica
    Pattyland made this: App Catalog Search as web search of the catalogue is broken. I think it shows everything instead of editing a list for the particular device you may be using. I don't know if it detects location or not.

    There is a patch that makes a copy of the downloaded app IPK prior to installation. This enables you to keep installers in the event that the app catalogue is closed and you somehow lose your paid for apps. But of course the patch needs to be in place before you download. It also can fill up the storage unless you transfer them off.

    You should only change the date temporarily to update the catalogue certificate. If you are seeing the catalogue, then it should be OK and if you didn't delete your Palm profile, it should remember the apps you bought and allow you to download them again. If you are trying to download without resetting to the current date/time, that may be the problem.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Pattyland made this: App Catalog Search as web search of the catalogue is broken. I think it shows everything instead of editing a list for the particular device you may be using. I don't know if it detects location or not.

    There is a patch that makes a copy of the downloaded app IPK prior to installation. This enables you to keep installers in the event that the app catalogue is closed and you somehow lose your paid for apps. But of course the patch needs to be in place before you download. It also can fill up the storage unless you transfer them off.

    You should only change the date temporarily to update the catalogue certificate. If you are seeing the catalogue, then it should be OK and if you didn't delete your Palm profile, it should remember the apps you bought and allow you to download them again. If you are trying to download without resetting to the current date/time, that may be the problem.
    Thanks for the catalog on the web; I always have trouble getting to that thing.

    My profile should be there; I used it to copy my 2 to my 3 and until I got my Google back a few days ago my profile PIM data I originally had quite some time back was showing.

    I had done everything you stated above. I've not had a problem getting everything else, just VivaLV stuff. I will go through the steps again right now:
    * Change current date to Jun 1, 2013
    * Opened app catalog and attempted to again download, nope
    * rebooted
    * 5 app loads failed: Data Manager; HP Maps; Shopping Manager; TealSafe Encrypted Data; TealShopping (other Teal stuff loaded, interestingly enough). Tried reloading one of the five, same error. I believe that I had already deleted the Teal items, since I had replaced them with the VivaLV ones.
    * I got the two Outlook emails that I had signed back into once again. One is still attached. The other loaded everything for today, then got the error icon. I had to go and change the password (I could have sworn that I had already changed it). I'll check to see if I lose the security certificate again.
    * Got the error icon on the Google email, for security certificate. Signed in again via Gmail.com, no security certificates popped. Tried again, got same thing.
    * Got my Google contacts and calendar. Was the /n error supposed to be fixed? I've had Inglorious Apps' Notes try to upload for the longest while; better than before when it immediately failed lol.
    * changed date back to current
    * Tried refreshing Google mail, no go

    Is there something I'm missing?

    Oh, and something weird happened, twice: when I rebooted, I got old SMS messages.

    (Oh,. btw, does anyone have a patch or override for LCARS Launcher, so that you can change it's defaults ?)
  6. #6  
    The SMS messages may have some thing to do with the date change. As far as I recall, the date change is to install an updated certificate for the app catalogue. If it works for you and you are able to download most things, then you should proceed with the current date. I assume you have not moved to a different country as some apps are geographically restricted, but I'm not sure if actual location is important or the country of original registration - Obviously you were able to install these apps before.

    From the order of actions you describe, you are trying to download with the wrong date. I set my Pre3 to 1st of June 2013, searched for Shopping Manager and attempted to download the free trial version. I got a yellow triangle warning sign and , "The action could not be completed. Try again later". Also, all my email accounts produce syncing error messages. They disappeared when I reset the date to today. I swiped back from the catalogue error page and tried to redownload. Shopping manager downloaded immediately, installed and started as I pressed the relevant buttons. I did not reboot at any time.

    Hopefully, this will work for you. If not, it may be that your catalogue is not correctly updated. You could review these instructions: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate and this is the thread for the issue: App Catalog - webOS Online Services Root Certificate Expiry
  7.    #7  
    No, No, I've tried different dates, including the current one, and I still get 'Install Failed'. I just tried to try and find it in with Preware however my phone keeps losing connections with my PC.: I will try updating the catalog again from the link you suggested. Or, if worse comes to worst, I'll start looking for another DA. As it is, I can't use the one that I had before, TealSafe, because it won't load either.

    Is there a way to pull it from my previous phone?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    No, No, I've tried different dates, including the current one, and I still get 'Install Failed'. I just tried to try and find it in with Preware however my phone keeps losing connections with my PC.: I will try updating the catalog again from the link you suggested. Or, if worse comes to worst, I'll start looking for another DA. As it is, I can't use the one that I had before, TealSafe, because it won't load either.

    Is there a way to pull it from my previous phone?
    I tried the link, reran the app catalog updata a couple of times, to no avail. I'm at a loss as to what to do next.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    I tried the link, reran the app catalog updata a couple of times, to no avail. I'm at a loss as to what to do next.
    Ok, I got my Preware on my PC working, however I don't seem to be able to see any apps. I finally remembered to start and check Lumberjack during my catalog download attempt. I'm getting the following message:

    Error: Software Manager
    Catalog.appStates[install failed].init error: FAILED_VERIFY

    Is this related to the whole catalog debacle or something else, like maybe the catalog doesn't 'recognize' me or some other as-sine thing? Thanks...
  10. #10  
    Let's review:
    You have migrated from a Pre 2 to a Pre 3. Was this as an upgrade or because you were having problems?

    You used Save/Restore to back up your apps or data.

    Are you using the same Palm profile as was used on the Pre2 ? It seems you didn't wipe the Pre 2 (which is fine).

    You seem to be saying that most of the apps you had before downloaded to the Pre 3 successfully, but not the apps in the thread title. Are they paid versions? Are you having problems with other paid for apps? Or is it a problem restoring the data to these apps? You seem to be saying that you did not get the data back, then deleted the apps and can now no longer install them from the app catalogue.

    If you were able to download apps from the catalogue to the Pre 3, then it seems that the catalogue is mostly working, so you shouldn't need to be changing the date or reinstall it.

    It seems we are trying to fix multiple problems here and it may simply be that there is one core issue that if fixed will resolve everything else. Please describe your problem clearly and the actions you took. You may find you then get better responses. There is an article here offering advice on making support requests (near the end): To Doctor or Not To Doctor: A Call to Stop “Lazy Troubleshooting” | pivotCE

    That said, here's another guess: If the catalogue is (mostly) working and your Pre 2 is intact (not auto-wiped by the Palm Profile) and you are having trouble only downloading paid apps, is it possible that you have restored to a NEW profile on the Pre 3? This profile will not have a record of apps you bought through the OLD (pre2) profile, so may be attempting to restore them without permission and getting stuck. Solutions in this case would be to put your Pre 3 on the old profile or buy the apps again... However, I'm just guessing here!

    Turning to the Preware problem, you may be able to access the feeds from a PC, but the app runs on webOS devices. Are you talking about WebOS Quick Install? There is a recent problem with the feeds: The domain name (preware.org) expired and was bought by another company. Oops! Another domain has been registered, but there is unfortunately no way to automatically redirect. There are work-arounds, but the simplest solution is to install the updated version of Preware which includes the new domain feed addresses (preware.net). webOS Quick Install uses the same feeds. New feeds can be added manually and a new version has been built, but only the unofficial version is available at the moment.

    Preware.org woes: feeds/site down as domain slips away | pivotCE
    Error: Feed loading failed
    TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE
  11. #11  
    idiocy removed due to bad memory
    Last edited by mazzinia; 09/03/2014 at 07:12 AM.
    Preemptive likes this.
  12. #12  
    I know what you mean. I know I came in here for a reason...

    ..no, it's gone!

    I got distracted thinking about the good old days...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/03/2014 at 08:04 AM.
  13. #13  
    I confused myself with Tuckerbox .... I blame old age

Similar Threads

  1. Data Manager
    By sidamos in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 06/06/2015, 11:08 AM
  2. Shopping Manager
    By sidamos in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 489
    Last Post: 01/17/2015, 05:12 PM
  3. software manager
    By johnj2803 in forum webOS Tips, Info & Resources
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03/16/2011, 04:04 PM
  4. Lost all Shopping Manager data - HELP !
    By thornev in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07/06/2010, 12:38 PM
  5. PDACookbook recipe manager and shopping list now supports smartphones...
    By WakefieldSoft in forum Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09/15/2008, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions