Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By hulickr
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm one of the only owners of (2) HP PRE3 phones in Belgium as they were never distributed.. One was placed aside as I got a Samsung from my employer but my wife continued using hers until her agenda and contacts didn't synchronise anylonger.

Lucky I found the patch and the procedure... even had to install Java on my PC but I got it fixed.

Now that I've installed Preward on both, I see that there are more then 240 patches... but some fails to install.

As I'd like to get these phones up to date again, does anybody have some suggestion what patches are realy helpful and needed for the functionality and performance and if there is a special order to follow?

Thanks in advance for any help

Frank
    You don't need to install them all! ;-)

Some are vital for continuing service (depending on what services you are using)

Others are merely optional tweaks and customisations.

Some conflict with each other...

I'll see if I can find a list of useful patches - pretty sure there was one...

Ah! Here you go: The Big Patch Thread (TBPT) - Pre 3
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/10/2014 at 12:43 PM.
    TJs11thPre and Rnp like this.
    Ha. I saw this post earlier and came back to it after I grabbed the URL from my bookmarks to the big patch thread. And preemptive beat me to it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Ha. I saw this post earlier and came back to it after I grabbed the URL from my bookmarks to the big patch thread. And preemptive beat me to it.
    Why of course he did... With a name like "preemptive", should you expect anything less? ;-)
    Roy

Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
    Preemptive likes this.
    It's merely an aspirational title. Alan has beaten me to it in the past - To scoops as well! ;-)
    I have 2 pre 3s & a veer & a touchpad... I am in BE...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I have 2 pre 3s & a veer & a touchpad... I am in BE...
    Good to know, I'm not the only user in BE. I ordered mine via the Palm websop in Ireland where they hed a few available with Azerty Keyboard. I love the keyboard much more as the samsung one. Next couple of days I've a look at the patch list to get them both up to date again.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Verheijke View Post
    Good to know, I'm not the only user in BE. I ordered mine via the Palm websop in Ireland where they hed a few available with Azerty Keyboard. I love the keyboard much more as the samsung one. Next couple of days I've a look at the patch list to get them both up to date again.

Frank
    I had a pre3 for about two years and i am likely to by one again (i am also an Apple fan but i think that a (2nd hand) iphone has too many buzzers and bells for me.. )
    My Pre3 broke (i don'tknow how): i hardly had any mobile connection in the end, so now using the 5y old, basic nokia..
    can you tell me where you bought your Pre3?
    greetings,
    groetjes..

by the way,
    Is the Google Maps app still working well?