Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anon(679606)
  1.    #1  
    survey for cheap Chinese phone supporting webOS/open... Get it working... I would love that... Dream or pipedream?
    Pretty sure there is a Chinese webOS forum. Maybe there are Chinese webOS fanatics like us. They may know more about unofficial hardware. Good question!
    Open webOS is FAR from complete. WebOS Ports is working on the missing bits to get them in. But it's not a very quick process with limited resources doing it in their free time.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Open webOS is FAR from complete. WebOS Ports is working on the missing bits to get them in. But it's not a very quick process with limited resources doing it in their free time.

I hope it comes... Couldn't LG have a little cash to throw at this ? The yields could be great !
    I hope it comes... Couldn't LG have a little cash to throw at this ? The yields could be great !

They have but "they are only working on TV's and BluRay players with webOS" according to their official info. I hope they have other things in the works too, but I have no knowledge about that whatsoever.

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    They have but "they are only working on TV's and BluRay players with webOS" according to their official info. I hope they have other things in the works too, but I have no knowledge about that whatsoever.

palm was a big player... HP threw it away... LG could produce one device that is webOS capable as an optional boot (like CM on my TP) & give life to developers methinques...
    MartinH@webos likes this.