Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sidotij
  1.    #1  
    I've been MIA from this site for a while, but I recently rediscovered it
    I love my touchpad and use it every day, even for work... I'm a sys admin and with VPN, Remote Desktop Client and a bluetooth keyboard I'm more than set.

I faithfully used my pre 2 right up until it's unfortunate demise... fell out of my shirt pocket into a 6' deep puddle of near frozen dirty water over the horrific wisconsin winter.

Verizon offered me a Galaxy SIII mini and I kind of hate it.

I can't see spending $200 on a pre 3 off ebay, but I just might have to bite the bullet
    Or go back and find a pre 2 and start using that again

But I really really want a pre 3

John
    That sucks. You can find them for less. I think the Vzw models go a bit cheaper than the GSM ones (at least it's that way for other models).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm sorry to hear about your Pre 2. While a CDMA Pre 3 might be a little pricey (but totally worth it, I just did it about a week ago), I know that you can pick up a brand new Pre 2 on Amazon for around $40.00.

Amazon.com: Palm Pre 2 16GB Verizon CDMA Phone with webOS 2.0, Touchscreen, Full QWERTY Keyboard, 5MP Camera, GPS and Wi-Fi - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I hope it all works out for you!
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
  4.    #4  
    nice nick Ted... I'm a bassist as well
    tedthebassist likes this.
    If you are near a Fry's, it might be worth checking out their phone section. Mine still has 2 open box Pixi's but I did not think they were worth $56. (If I am wrong, tell me.) They last had a $30 pre2 sale about a year ago so you never know what might be lurking on the shelf. Of course YMMV.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the tip.. nearest one is about 2 hours away

have to see if I can make it down there
    Hey, i'm bass player too.
    When my pre- broke I go for a android device. First i've one cheap huawei with android 2.x and it was terrible. Later I try with one Xperia and well... the phone was cool but i missed webos too much. Android seems so buggy compared whith webos...
    Finally got the money and bought one pre3 and since then I'm a happy webos user again. If you want one the best thing taht you can do is to buy one. You will be not dissapointed, it's a great phone and has the better mobile os outside.

ps sorry for my poor english
  8.    #8  
    hey Juanma... thanks for you opinion

I'm looking for one
  9.    #9  
    just found one on ebay... 2 days left so I will prob be outbid... but it's worth a shot
  10.    #10  
    damnit... I may have made an error in judgement.....
    seller says
    I got this phone brand new and factory unlocked from a store in the UK. The phone was barely used and it works perfectly. Chargers (UK), an extra battery, manuals, original box are all included. Own a little piece of history !!!
    now if I do win am I kinda screwed because he bought it from the UK?
    I'm not worried about charging and the like, but will it work here?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/28/2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: changed 'code' to 'quote'
    For $50, give a Veer a try. You will not be disappointed. Smaller screen but same OS. Bit better hardware I'm told too. I have 4 of them. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    For $50, give a Veer a try. You will not be disappointed. Smaller screen but same OS. Bit better hardware I'm told too. I have 4 of them. :P
    While, not speaking ill of the Veer... still dont know what people saw on that tiny tiny phone.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    While, not speaking ill of the Veer... still dont know what people saw on that tiny tiny phone.
    Your reply for example.....

Working fine, just missing the better camera from the pre 3

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I have never seen a pre3 but have played with a veer. It seems like a fine piece of machinery, and I wish I had that keyboard on my pre2. I often make typos because of not applying enough pressure to the keys and it sometimes seem like some require more pressure than others.

As for size, its a bit small, but then again people always telling me my pre2 is too small. And size can be over-rated as readability has as much to do with font size as the size of the screen.

It would have been nice if palm would have made it easy to adjust for minimum font size, I do it all the time in my desktop browser (opera) and its great although too big a font size can throw off formatting eventually.

Plus its a 4G phone. I have never heard any mention of how well free tether works on veer tho
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    I'd take a veer...
  16.    #16  
    well it's a moot point at the moment anyway
    the auction went over my budget... the search continues