Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Any idea what to check on my Pre3?

It started crashing in 3G mode, the screen suddenly fades away and then it reboots. So far, this only happends while using 3G radio. Its perfectly fine in 2G or WIFI. Its been like this for a month and ive just chucked in a new battery to see if that could be it.

Would a troublesome SIM make the phone behave like this or do reckon its a hardware problem?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Unfortunately this has happened to a number of people before and there is no real solution. It appears to be carrier related and there has probably been some changes made to the carrier hardware/configuration.

This happens with the Pre3 when using Telstra in Australia, but not with the Veer.

One workaround is to use mode switcher to switch to 2G mode when the screen goes off.

Ben
    You can change your Sim Card...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    Unfortunately this has happened to a number of people before and there is no real solution. It appears to be carrier related and there has probably been some changes made to the carrier hardware/configuration.

This happens with the Pre3 when using Telstra in Australia, but not with the Veer.

One workaround is to use mode switcher to switch to 2G mode when the screen goes off.

Ben
    That could be it, I know my carrier implemented some kind of change to their system and asked all customers to reboot their devices. The time period match with the problem but im not 100% sure since I often keep it in 2G to save battery.

Will get a new SIM as suggested by Rnp and hope that sorts the problem. Back during the Centro Days I had to return the phone since it wouldnt work properly with the carrier. Calls wouldnt go through, I hope I dont have stop using a phone model again due to such issues.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G