Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davodego
  1.    #1  
    I tried getting my location in maps yesterday, but I just kept getting "Your Current Location Could Not be Found" I looked in the GPS settings, and its on. My TouchPad Go GPS doesn't seem to work as well, but I remember it working at one point.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I've had to play with mine a bit... I've found that if I do any sort of combination of the following, it will work:

1. Turn GPS and Google Location Services off. Wait a few seconds. Turn back on.
    2. Leave GPS on, and turn GLS off.

I believe that the "license" for Google Location Services that Google granted HP expired or whatever, so they don't really honor those requests. I wonder how that has been affecting the lookup times, and if it is possible to get the software to use a different wifi location service provider?
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Just a quick field test result, my TP locates me successfully on Google maps app with Google services checked. It's also the only choice i guess my TP doesn't have gps?? But that appears to be working. Good luck.
    I always use the app "GPS Fix" when I need enable the location, and solve my problems with GPS...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    If there any other workarounds for making the gps working? From the first time the gps in my Pre3 is not usable. I got 2 Pre3's, all the same. Somtimes after trying some hours the gps has a signal. Its annoying but a price i'm willing to pay for using webOS.
    boovish likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    If there any other workarounds for making the gps working? From the first time the gps in my Pre3 is not usable. I got 2 Pre3's, all the same. Somtimes after trying some hours the gps has a signal. Its annoying but a price i'm willing to pay for using webOS.
    At least in Germany - it helps my Pre3 to have the phone radio turned on. When I'm connected to a mobile cell then from that location information the GPS has a good starting position to find the specific GPS position.