1.    #1  
    trouble ...installed & reinstalled but still refreshing... Very annoying.... Some advice PLEASE !!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Yes, it seems that the "no auto refresh" patch doesn't really kill the auto-refresh.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    Yes, it seems that the "no auto refresh" patch doesn't really kill the auto-refresh.
    can it be repaired? ?Grabber5.0, ?Herrie, some other smarties ??
    Works for me. Maybe it needs some tweaking for 2.4 or pre3. But if you saying it worked before and stopped, then that's just strange
    Last edited by laingman; 07/18/2014 at 06:14 AM.
  5.    #5  
    any conflicts to explain why it still doesn't work for me ...was ok before...
  6.    #6  
    what is it that triggers the auto refresh? Any ideas what other patch or app might compete with it... What might be "sticky" from the patch that might need "cleanup" before reinstall... I am going nuts with the refreshes !!
    My understanding is it is memory availability in the browser server.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    how does the patch work then? & more importantly, how come it doesn't work4me anymore?
    Well there's a patch allow browser in low memory mode you can try, but I doubt that it would help
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    But why would the browser server be be crashing? It feels like there's only about five of using webos anymore
    But why would the browser server be be crashing? It feels like there's only about five of using webos anymore
    Very well known bug.... Has to do with running out of memory. Happens on my TP too.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Well this must be a recent bug. I don't recall this blank page and reloading in 1X for example
    It happens on the TP with 3-5 browsers open usually.

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It happens on the TP with 3-5 browsers open usually.

I think maybe you right and it only happens with multiple instances of the browser running at once. And probly why I don't recall this on 1x webos versions is that it didn't have stacks back then I didin't keep many browser cards going as I do now using stacks
  15.    #15  
    I took offf tons of stuff ...no joy... What memory? What to clean out to fix this annoyancce?
    I know the answer will be negative and it's still being developed, but what are the chances of the Lune browser making it back to Legacy?

BTW I find the TP better than the phones. I don't mind other pages reloading, but if it's constantly happening on the one I'm reading! Arrgh! Certain sites seem better than others and I suspect It may have something to do with page complexity or dynamic code - that would use more memory, right? I just read something on ars technica about about an indian $35 FFOS phone.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...-want-to-know/

It was pointed out that the crashes when trying to load the home page might have something to do with the 128Mb of ram...

Desktop Firefox browser was accused of being a memory hog, but this was claimed to be a feature, not a bug - to work optimally, it grabbed any spare memory it needed.

So it's an old, not very standards compliant browser running out of memory. The remaining questions are: Is it a lack of physical memory? If not, can the allocation be managed up to the limit of available? (when you might get the "too many cards")

If the last is possible, but hasn't been done in the past, then I'd guess It's not going to happen now.

There are still good arguments for websites with light page weight and programs that avoid bloat.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/13/2014 at 09:18 AM.
    If someone gets QT 5.2 or 5.3 working on legacy webOS the new browser could come. I don't have the knowledge to do so myself, but getting 4.8 working was quite straight forward. It shouldn't be too difficult for someone with the right knowledge.

The sad thing is that even mobile versions of websites seem to be getting pretty heavy with whatever it is that makes the browser crash and reload. Luckily my two banks website are still pretty light and never have problems. Tech blogs are pretty hard to deal with. Maybe it has to do with video content and such