Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By camaleon
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  1.    #1  
    Was a song recognition app produced for the pre 3 / webOS 2.0X?
    The sort of prog that you'd hold the phone close to a speaker with the song playing, and the prog would sample the sound and X-reference a database & tell you the song?
    Cheers
    SongID

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    mr-scorpio likes this.
  3.    #4  
    Many thanks for the pointer to SongID..

Questions though... I see it costs $3.. Is the database it accesses kept up to date, as well as having older stuff still added, or is it abandoned software now & thus a dud?

How good is it as recognising songs?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    Many thanks for the pointer to SongID..

Questions though... I see it costs $3.. Is the database it accesses kept up to date, as well as having older stuff still added, or is it abandoned software now & thus a dud?

How good is it as recognising songs?

Cheers
    It worked for all songs I threw at it when playing with it a year or so ago. It cost EUR 5,- back then I think. Not sure about the database in the background. Only the developer could answer that.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    It worked for me just two weeks ago when trying to ID a new song (not a golden oldie). When I've tested it against songs I knew, it never missed.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I also found no problems with recent songs. I don't use it often but it hasn't failed except when the noise level is high (which is expected).
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  7.    #8  
    May thanks for this,
    I think i shall give it a go :-)
    Since nobody has posted it, here is the app thread started by the developer. He states on the last page that he is not allowed to disclose the name of the database he uses. It does seem very good. Song ID by SSGLabs.eu
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Since nobody has posted it, here is the app thread started by the developer. He states on the last page that he is not allowed to disclose the name of the database he uses. It does seem very good. Song ID by SSGLabs.eu
    I had looked at the source code a while back. I'll have to look again. It was something that provided an API of sorts.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I would say it's definitely pretty good, as of when I last used it a year or so ago. It's not quite SoundHound, but nothing else is. SoundHound is freakish.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I love this app. Does anyone know the developer to put this into preware?
    I still use it and it identifies some songs on the touchpad that I can't get from shazaam (unsure if it uses the same database as sound hound as i think it may have identified a song or two not in sound hound but not entirely sure).

Bought over 100 apps for the touchpad in its day but i keep coming back to this one.
    I don't believe they did. Did anyone reach out to the developer?
    I remember that I was one of the beta testers so I have a gmail address for the developer. I've just emailed and directed them to the thread here about contributing ipks. It looks like they were last active here about a year ago
    and know a little about open webOS.

Here below is the original thread. Perhaps someone can PM the developer?

And if you PM me, I can look up the gmail of the developer and you can send them an email as well. I don't use the email account I corresponded with him that often but will try to check back into it.

Song ID by SSGLabs.eu

edit: the dev responded and will make it available!
    Last edited by bluenote; 10/30/2014 at 03:09 AM.
    cbosdell likes this.