Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    That's always been my view too... why in heck would they produce the next generation phone with 8GB when the Pre2 was a 16GB (I don't even know if the Pre2 came in 8GB flavour).

I would believe that intelligence would be present and that the Pre3 should have been 16 and 32 GB by default.

That was the one thing that I really wondered about and held me back on buying the Pre3 for a long while, but at some point, I just had to give it a go and the only decent priced ones I could find where the UK 8GB unlocked ones.

I absolutely love the Pre3 and I do take in consideration that it was an officially never released phone, but I do find it quite unstable compared to my Pre2 which was a good 95% flawless. (the only real flaw is the BlueTooth issues due to 2.2.4 that broken it as 2.1 had a more stable BT)

hey... just noticed the At&T logo at bottom of back of this new Pre3, but it's so washed out that I barely see it.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Actually it's wrong, the Pre3 was officially released in Europe (and had official warranty).
    I don't find it unstable (but I didn't experience an older model to compare with), and felt no differences with the bt headphone btw 2.2.1 and 2.2.4 (I'm assuming the issues are more related with car appliances ?), but I'm always wishing they didn't tweak the wifi power/sensibility in 2.2.4
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Actually it's wrong, the Pre3 was officially released in Europe (and had official warranty).
    I don't find it unstable (but I didn't experience an older model to compare with), and felt no differences with the bt headphone btw 2.2.1 and 2.2.4 (I'm assuming the issues are more related with car appliances ?), but I'm always wishing they didn't tweak the wifi power/sensibility in 2.2.4
    hmm... released for what? one day?

Released on August 17, 2011 and the fire-sale was announced on the 18th.

I've had to reboot mine on a much more regular basis than I ever did with my Pre2, mostly due to bad connection to the WIFI, and other things.

The Bluetooth has been a question that I've had to go through many earpiece type BT devices to get one that works properly. I even made a thread about that a long time ago (at the time for the Pre2 after the switch from 2.1 to 2.2.4).

I spent so much money on these that it was just ridiculous. Right now, just got a car device (BT that plugs into my line in) and it will connect only if I manually connect it or stop/start the BT, and eventually the connection dies and the device auto-shuts-off.

I'll have to try with this "new" phone and see if the same thing happens.

I've had better luck with stereo headset, but it's just messed up that I should have any trouble with the voice dialing, etc. with BT
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I'm rebooting once every 6 months, sort of.... you mean that you got better wifi once rebooted ?
    With my router I'm not experiencing differences, I lose the signal once moving 2 rooms away (while I had close to full signal with 2.2.1), rebooted or not.
    But the 2.2.4 wifi performs well with some wifi routers/chips , and not so well with others.

Bluetooth, maybe I'm lucky. When I took it, I wanted a stereo set, but small as an earpiece, so went for a jabra. Never got an issue (ok, got an issue with the jabra oled lcd, that now is not viewable anymore due to some issues with old organic displays over time) as connection / sound. It never disconnected, and always automatically connected upon being turned on.

Voice dialing... that's something I never use since it always go random with me (not sure if it's my voice or my spelling / accent / whatever )
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I'm rebooting once every 6 months, sort of.... you mean that you got better wifi once rebooted ?
    With my router I'm not experiencing differences, I lose the signal once moving 2 rooms away (while I had close to full signal with 2.2.1), rebooted or not.
    But the 2.2.4 wifi performs well with some wifi routers/chips , and not so well with others.

Bluetooth, maybe I'm lucky. When I took it, I wanted a stereo set, but small as an earpiece, so went for a jabra. Never got an issue (ok, got an issue with the jabra oled lcd, that now is not viewable anymore due to some issues with old organic displays over time) as connection / sound. It never disconnected, and always automatically connected upon being turned on.

Voice dialing... that's something I never use since it always go random with me (not sure if it's my voice or my spelling / accent / whatever )
    For the WIFI... using different routers, it'll work and I connect, then the signal is shown as weak and no longer connects correctly... a reboot and everything works perfectly again.. I'd say I do this once in a while, depending how it feels.. couple of times during the month, sometimes couple of times a week. Most times I can get away with turning off the WIFI on the phone and back on, and it resets itself.

It's rather random.

Earpiece, I've got so many I've lost count... all good ones, no cheap ones, including 100$ + BlueAnt ones. The last one I got was a Samsung that comes with stereo earbuds that plugs into the earpiece and they worked half the time properly, they'd work better if I turned the BT off the phone and restarted it. And that's the best I've got with the BT earpieces. I have a Jabra, same as most, only worked to an extent.

Before (2.1) with my Pre2, the BlueAnt worked flawlessly.... I even did a retrograde to 2.1 to test it and it was confirmed... once it automate itself back to 2.24, the Blueant no longer worked.

As far as distance for WIFI... 2-3 rooms distance is about right, (or around 15-20 meters) depending.. testing with the Touchpad and other devices, it's a bit more (maybe 20-25 meters).
    I see a pattern...
    Mah, maybe I got really lucky with the bt8010 as in being liked by the "new" bt stack. I wonder what they did... I'm sure they played with the power options in relation with wifi, so maybe they did the same with bt.
    It's a pity that nobody ever managed to tweak / fix those
    I feel happy and lucky with my AT&T Pre3 with 16GB but I have the same problem with memory, today a message appeared "Memory of Application is almost full" despite the fact phone shows me memory available 6 GB of memory

Pre3 of 16 GB has Available 12.9 GB free for user
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12