1.    #1  
    I've dropped my phone a couple of times, nothing major, but I have noticed charging with a usb cable now either stops if the cable moves a bit, or when it does charge, it charges very slowly or sometimes still looses battery %.

I think this is because the connector in the phone is a bit loose as touchstone charging still works just fine. Would tightening some of the screws on the phone potentially fix this or is it a bigger issue? Anyone have anything similar
    No, if the jack is loose, or dropping it cracked something, tightening the screws won't help. They just hold the phone back to the screen half. My old Treo is like that.. If I hold the cord just right it will charge, but it's pretty hard and would eventually break it more.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    No, if the jack is loose, or dropping it cracked something, tightening the screws won't help. They just hold the phone back to the screen half. My old Treo is like that.. If I hold the cord just right it will charge, but it's pretty hard and would eventually break it more.
    well the actual connector feels loose, as in if i touch it, theres movement and I can wiggle it a fair amount. I was just wondering if some of the contacts are loose.
    I would say that the solder connections to the board broke or the port itself.
    I did have a cheap USB cable that stopped working, so it's worth checking, but the above opinions seem more likely.

A dodgy cable would not affect touchstone charging and it's worth eliminating it from your testing chain.
    get yourself some touchstones and try to avoid using USB as often as you can or you'll perhaps end up having a ghost touch device.