1.    #1  
    Could not find anything specific in the forums about the Pre 3 on ATT or Tmobile, I was told it worked, so I bought it off Ebay . I get one Bar always 1 bar or no bars..slide the sim into another phone 4-5 bars. I have a palm Pixi plus I like a lot thought a used Pre 3 would be better. any ideas? been googling on and off for a week maybe a broken antenna?? TIA
    Billtmore
    hopefully by now you've found the pages of feedback using a Pre3 on T-Mo. there's a lot here.

i tried one when T-Mo announced completion of their "refarm" in Atlanta metro (USA)

i thought it was unacceptable, and after pricing some ATT mvno's decided to stay with Sprint, and sold the phone.

Here's a summary of what you need to know:
    - there's a few Pre3's with varying antennas. you'd need a US model ATT phone, unlocked, to work on T-Mo
    - T-Mo has LTE and HSPA+ service which are sold as 4G in USA. the Pre3 only receives H+. And it only communicates it on the 1900 and 2k bands, not the 1700 band which is T-Mo's MAIN BAND. Service varies WIDELY based on location. So you may not be in an area to receive T-Mo's H+ on 1900.
    - when the Pre3 cannot receive H+, it drops to T-Mo's Edge which is 2G and super slow. You'll see an E symbol vs. 3G or H+ symbol in the status bar.
    - when the Pre3 is in an area with spotty coverage, it will continually switch between receivers, boosting gain on the H+ and thus vacuuming your battery dry. new batt didn't last a full day.
    - you obviously need to set the data settings to receive on T-Mo, and there's some variations as to what data server you use. some say use fast.t-mo, while some say do not as that is for LTE only. again, it depends on your location, so there's some trial n' error.

there is a website somewhere with self reported T-Mo on 1900mhz "sightings" which you can refer to if you google it. but its data is spotty.

your best bet with a GSM webOS handset like the Veer or Pre3 is to use an ATT mvno, unless you can confirm you are in a very good segment of the T-Mo refarm. Atlanta is too hilly and too wooded and too much sprawl, so at the time i tried it definitely was not.

in fact i remember t-mo stores starting to advertise "bring your phone", and then those signs kinda vanished after a month. i dont think it was working well enough to promote where i am in north atlanta metro.

good luck. Pre3 is a nice phone, i hope you get the most out of it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    hopefully by now you've found the pages of feedback using a Pre3 on T-Mo. there's a lot here.

i tried one when T-Mo announced completion of their "refarm" in Atlanta metro (USA)

i thought it was unacceptable, and after pricing some ATT mvno's decided to stay with Sprint, and sold the phone.

Here's a summary of what you need to know:
    - there's a few Pre3's with varying antennas. you'd need a US model ATT phone, unlocked, to work on T-Mo
    - T-Mo has LTE and HSPA+ service which are sold as 4G in USA. the Pre3 only receives H+. And it only communicates it on the 1900 and 2k bands, not the 1700 band which is T-Mo's MAIN BAND. Service varies WIDELY based on location. So you may not be in an area to receive T-Mo's H+ on 1900.
    - when the Pre3 cannot receive H+, it drops to T-Mo's Edge which is 2G and super slow. You'll see an E symbol vs. 3G or H+ symbol in the status bar.
    - when the Pre3 is in an area with spotty coverage, it will continually switch between receivers, boosting gain on the H+ and thus vacuuming your battery dry. new batt didn't last a full day.
    - you obviously need to set the data settings to receive on T-Mo, and there's some variations as to what data server you use. some say use fast.t-mo, while some say do not as that is for LTE only. again, it depends on your location, so there's some trial n' error.

there is a website somewhere with self reported T-Mo on 1900mhz "sightings" which you can refer to if you google it. but its data is spotty.

your best bet with a GSM webOS handset like the Veer or Pre3 is to use an ATT mvno, unless you can confirm you are in a very good segment of the T-Mo refarm. Atlanta is too hilly and too wooded and too much sprawl, so at the time i tried it definitely was not.

in fact i remember t-mo stores starting to advertise "bring your phone", and then those signs kinda vanished after a month. i dont think it was working well enough to promote where i am in north atlanta metro.

good luck. Pre3 is a nice phone, i hope you get the most out of it.
    Thanks for the reply TJs11thPre, yeah I have tried it on H2o and red pocket both ATT mnvo's both provide only 1 or 2 bars..when I put the same sims in my comet I get 3-4 bars. it must be an antenna I was hoping for a setting I might have missed. As much as i love the OS I am going to put it on Ebay and just be honest i will take the loss Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Hi there. I use Straight Talk with my Pre3 and they offer both a T-mobile and ATT compatible sim. I have used both sims and I found that the ATT sim got better service than the t-mobile sim.
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads