1.    #1  
    Hi people!

I am using an HP Palm Pre 3 device which happens to be second hand. I haven't explored deeper to the phone. The webos account used for the device belongs to its previous owner (from the one I traded my old phone with). We agreed not to delete the installed apps and games. Now, I'm planning to give the phone away since I recently availed a postpaid plan. But I do not know how to permanently delete the messages from the device. I'm having the impression that the messages are backed up to the webos account.

The deletion of til_messaging.db3 from var/luna/data appears to have no effect after the device has rebooted. Using the "Export Messages" app, the old messages can still be viewed on the text file. Is there a way around this? I intend to have the messages permanently deleted and not exportable but I'd like to keep the account since I don't want the new owner to pay for the apps again. How can we do this without having to perform a full erase?

Please help me guyz! Thanks a lot!

Truly yours,
    gchoke
    I cannot remember the option now, but I'm sure the Impostah can make this for you...

I have no time to research now, but you can find information about erase database using Impostah here, in the forum...

Good luck!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by gchoke View Post
    Hi people!

I am using an HP Palm Pre 3 device which happens to be second hand. I haven't explored deeper to the phone. The webos account used for the device belongs to its previous owner (from the one I traded my old phone with). We agreed not to delete the installed apps and games. Now, I'm planning to give the phone away since I recently availed a postpaid plan. But I do not know how to permanently delete the messages from the device. I'm having the impression that the messages are backed up to the webos account.

The deletion of til_messaging.db3 from var/luna/data appears to have no effect after the device has rebooted. Using the "Export Messages" app, the old messages can still be viewed on the text file. Is there a way around this? I intend to have the messages permanently deleted and not exportable but I'd like to keep the account since I don't want the new owner to pay for the apps again. How can we do this without having to perform a full erase?

Please help me guyz! Thanks a lot!

Truly yours,
    gchoke
    Why aren't you removing the account from the list within the message app? Why would a new owner retain access to previous owners accounts unless they were intercepting to spy?? You can remove messaging or email accounts within their apps without deleting the webOS account identifying the phone to hp servers. Gmail or yahoo accounts are not the same as the webOS ID account.

If you must leave the messaging account active, just swipe to delete each message