Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    My phone reset yesterday, and now I can't log into Skype. I downloaded the app from the app catalog again, as a thread here suggested, but when I click on the Offline button, only Yahoo contacts appear. Skype does not connect. I have properly entered all of the account information. Any suggestions?

I feel like I have become a full time WebOS tech the last two weeks just trying to keep my Pre 3 and TP running.
    sorry can't help with your problem, but it seems weird that in the last couple weeks the "my phone suddenly reset" or "application data full and reset was only option" posting got a lot more often. Wonder what the problem is with those Pre3?
    Well, I believe Microsoft is shutting down the old Skype API, so it wouldn't surprise me if you can no longer log in because of that. Could also be something else, but I think the end is near for Skype on webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Well, I believe Microsoft is shutting down the old Skype API, so it wouldn't surprise me if you can no longer log in because of that. Could also be something else, but I think the end is near for Skype on webOS.
    I sure hope not... I bought Skype credits to make calls over 3G and Wi-Fi to Hong Kong all the time. And it seems like it's the desktop API that is (was) shutting down, not sure if it's the same one:

Skype makes a U-turn on desktop API shutdown- The Inquirer

On the other note, just did a test call to echo123, works fine.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    eKeith likes this.
    I hope I'm wrong too, but I just figure MS will screw everyone. I did notice in the link you provided, that even though they decided not to kill the voice API for now, the Skype chat API is still going away (or gone). The OP did mention it was not appearing in the messaging app - maybe that's why? I hate to speculate, but that seems pretty definite.
    Microsoft says a lot of things... you know how they said Live Messenger a.k.a. MSN Messenger was supposed to shut down in 2013? I'm still logged on to it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Microsoft says a lot of things... you know how they said Live Messenger a.k.a. MSN Messenger was supposed to shut down in 2013? I'm still logged on to it.
    Thanks for the replies. I should also note that my Yahoo Messenger account was constantly synching so I deleted it. After I did, when I load the messenger app on the Pre 3 it does not even show the offline button. In other words, it thinks I have no messenger apps loaded, even though Skype is properly listed in the Accounts module.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I sure hope not... I bought Skype credits to make calls over 3G and Wi-Fi to Hong Kong all the time. And it seems like it's the desktop API that is (was) shutting down, not sure if it's the same one:

Skype makes a U-turn on desktop API shutdown- The Inquirer

On the other note, just did a test call to echo123, works fine.
    I can vouch for that too, Skype still work fine on my webOS devices(Pre3 and TouchPad) messaging and video chat too only wish that it would be updated to support receiving files and pictures through the messenger. Just made a couple of skype calls on my devices with my family and it all works fine without any hiccups.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    i notice on one of my touchpads that yahoo accounts show "Syncing" a lot, which is weird. Be careful about your messaging with skype if you use group chats. However, I received an email from Microsoft/Skype a few days ago, about how the group chat system is changing, and everyone needs to update their clients.. so that'll be the end of that, probably.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    i notice on one of my touchpads that yahoo accounts show "Syncing" a lot, which is weird.
    Could be calendar, or could be contacts - did you install the fix for Yahoo contact sync? Calendar sync is toast right now. It's calDAV and using https, but still not working.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11.    #11  
    Could be calendar, or could be contacts - did you install the fix for Yahoo contact sync? Calendar sync is toast right now. It's calDAV and using https, but still not working.

I only use a yahoo account for YIM.. and it showed synching constantly. I had to delete it.

I switched off my calendar and messaging and that seemed to fix it. not sure which one, but whatevs.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I don't know if this is on or off topic, but I've been having a few problems with Yahoo mail. It wasn't syncing very well. I tried re-typing the password a few times, then eventually removed & re-activated the account. It's funny how the dots in the password field don't match the number of actual characters when I review the settings...

Anyhow, it's imap/smtp, SSL 993/465. (Pre3)

It started popping up 'synchronising account' notifications for Yahoo - which I thought was maybe normal if it was resyncing email addresses, but then syncing stopped working and today when I open the account I just get the dots spinning around the number on the top right. A restart fixed it, but I suspect this problem will return.

Does this contact sync thing work for email? I think it should have sorted itself out by now, but the light keeps flashing and when I check it's just 'accounts syncing' again - maybe failing without an error message?
    Well this sorta morphed into a Yahoo discussion when someone brought up Yahoo Messenger, so not too off topic. I was going to start a thread about Yahoo mail as I figured I was not the only one. My Yahoo mail most of the time isn't synching until I open the app, and sometimes it does what you described, and a restart fixes it. I haven't seen any useful messages yet. The Yahoo contact sync patch only fixes contact sync as it just fixes the contact URL, and unlike Google, isn't used when changing credentials.
    About Skype: deleted account in Pre3 and signed in again.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  16.    #17  
    I've deleted and signed in again but no luck. And I am told that Skype shows me online all the time now, so I suspect that is somehow a result of Skype not responding properly on the Pre 3, since I always log out on whatever device I'm using. The Nexus 5 is looking very tempting.