Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am have to doctor my Pre 3 (Europe, unlocked)

The problem is when I go onto the Palm website after Palm Profile > Device Options > WebOs Doctor I get the message "Error: Sorry, that is not a valid serial number. "

When I try to doctor via download "webosdoctorp224mantawr" it does recognise my phone is connected to the PC. Yet it is by virtue that I see it on my PC etc

Any ideas how I can progress?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Just found the answer from Andreas: "Just power down the phone as described but instead of pulling the battery just hold the volume up and power button at the same time. After 10s or so it will go into recovery mode. Attach USB cable and run webOSdoctor. "
    I had the same issue where I couldn't download the doctor from the palm site. I just downloaded it from webos internals instead:

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    thanks
    i downloaded from there, but see no application in the zip file. just an installer for novacom
    It should be a large (200 - 300 MB) .jar file, and you run it with java, preferably from a command prompt so you can see messages. Command is (fill in the correct doctor filename): java -jar downloadeddoctorfilename.jar

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/16/2014 at 07:43 AM.
    Hi,
    i have the same problem as martin124, but i can't doctor my pre 3 because the webos-internals.org site is not reachable.
    Can you please tell me about a mirror site from which i can download the doctor file?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by madfiddler View Post
    Hi,
    i have the same problem as martin124, but i can't doctor my pre 3 because the webos-internals.org site is not reachable.
    Can you please tell me about a mirror site from which i can download the doctor file?

Thanks in advance.
    Sorry for my last message, it was only a temporary problem. Now the site is working, i downloaded the doctor file and i am going to doctor the pre 3.
    Excuse me for boring you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by martin124 View Post
    Just found the answer from Andreas: "Just power down the phone as described but instead of pulling the battery just hold the volume up and power button at the same time. After 10s or so it will go into recovery mode. Attach USB cable and run webOSdoctor. "
    Hello there.
    I've just received a Pre 3 from US, AT&T unlocked. It has recognized my carrier (Vodafone), and it's ready to backup my profile, but it doesn't work, i have the same problem you described above, my serial number is not valid. I've downloaded webos doctor, this version: http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...24mantaatt.jar. Is this the right one?
    Anywy, WebOS Doctor doesn't recognize my Pre 3. I've tried to power down the phone as Andreas told you, but nothing happens, it doesn't go into recovery mode, it remains stuck with the large USB symbol
    I already have Novacom installed in my pc, shouldn't it be a problem?
    I'll give it a try from another pc, but i don't think it's gonna work...

Thank you
    Alessandro
    Eventually i've been able to run the WebOS Doctor from another pc, sometimes USB ports don't work in my laptop... Now i'd like to try to reset the device and use the european WebOS Doctor file to install the OS in italian. I've found this discussion: Change OS language to ....
    It seems that in this discussion there's the answer to my quest:
    "The European webOS Doctor will include German.
    It will not install on an AT&T Veer because of the carrier check.
    You can disable this check using Meta-Doctor, and install the European firmware where you can select German."
    I've tried, with the European WebOS Doctor and, as this person said, it is not working.

So i will try with the Meta Doctor to exclude the carrier check.
    I've found this guide: Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide 2.0 (Bypass carrier activation & a whole lot MORE!). Can i use it also with my Pre 3?

Thank you everyone!
    Best regards