1.    #1  
    I got this from a friend, so it is already activated and don't wish to use it as a phone, so can I remove the existing account and make a new one WITHOUT wiping it?
    Currently using: Clie NX70, Clie SL10, Palm TX, HandSpring Visor
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeypizano View Post
    I got this from a friend, so it is already activated and don't wish to use it as a phone, so can I remove the existing account and make a new one WITHOUT wiping it?
    No.

A new profile prompts system reset. This does not clear the hard drive though. This prevents unauthorized use of paid apps by multiple users.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    No.

A new profile prompts system reset. This does not clear the hard drive though. This prevents unauthorized use of paid apps by multiple users.
    Ok, so when I wipe it, I can still create a new one right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeypizano View Post
    Yes Impostah...

Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    No.

Yes Impostah...

So you can use impostah to remove the existing Palm Profile Account, and then use impostah to remove the existing Palm Profile (do not reboot), then use activation to create a new Palm Profile account with a new email...

Now your new Profile will not have any applications associated to it, but when you reboot the device all the applications should not be removed (back them up if you do not want to loose them, another thread in these forums explains how to copy files from the applications directory), unless you are no longer associated to any palm profile there is a chance that you will loose during a reboot...

But I have done this many times (YMMV)...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Yes Impostah...

Yes Impostah...

So you can use impostah to remove the existing Palm Profile Account, and then use impostah to remove the existing Palm Profile (do not reboot), then use activation to create a new Palm Profile account with a new email...

Now your new Profile will not have any applications associated to it, but when you reboot the device all the applications should not be removed (back them up if you do not want to loose them, another thread in these forums explains how to copy files from the applications directory), unless you are no longer associated to any palm profile there is a chance that you will loose during a reboot...

But I have done this many times (YMMV)...
    Ah yes i think I've actually done this too, but i may have incorrectly recalled losing my apps while doing it. So i stand corrected. I trust JSJSJS'$s$ $advice$ $better$ $than$ $my$ $own$ $memory$!
  6.    #6  
    It would be nice if the preware feeds would connect...
    Yes Impostah...

Where can I find instructions for doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by clpyles View Post
    Yes Impostah...

Where can I find instructions for doing this?
    Kind of in the paragraph? Although it sounds technical the impostah app is kind of self explaining by it's menu options. I have detail in other threads and others have make a wiki on this as well... Google is ones friend...

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/StopDeviceWipe

As to copying the apps again others have detailed how to do this in other threads in this forum...
    John Steffes Thank you for the answer and info.

Charles