Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    My Pre3 decided it needed to reset itself so I'm having to reload everything and reconfigure everything once again. One of the issues I'm having with the reload/reconfigure is with TapNote connecting to Dropbox. I tried deleting and redownloading/installing the app but it still does the same thing. When I swipe down in the upper left corner, hit Preferences then turn on Sync With Dropbox, it opens a screen where I am supposed to enter my email and password for dropbox. The problem is that I cannot enter anything in either field. It's as if the keyboard on the Pre3 is just being ignored. The keyboard still works in other apps, I just cannot type anything on the dropbox login screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPsychlo View Post
    My Pre3 decided it needed to reset itself so I'm having to reload everything and reconfigure everything once again. One of the issues I'm having with the reload/reconfigure is with TapNote connecting to Dropbox. I tried deleting and redownloading/installing the app but it still does the same thing. When I swipe down in the upper left corner, hit Preferences then turn on Sync With Dropbox, it opens a screen where I am supposed to enter my email and password for dropbox. The problem is that I cannot enter anything in either field. It's as if the keyboard on the Pre3 is just being ignored. The keyboard still works in other apps, I just cannot type anything on the dropbox login screen.
    I have the same issue. I had to wipe my phone this morning, and now I can't reconnect with Dropbox (TapNote and Dropbox Explorer) because I can't fill inn the email and password fields on the Dropbox login screen.

The normal Dropbox login screen (dropbox.com and m.dropbox.com) works fine, but not the screen that is used to authenticate apps. I guess there's an incompatibility issue with Pre 3 browser.
    Living in Norway, currently owning a Touchpad 32GB that mostly show the clock, a working Pre 3 in a drawer, a dead Pre 3, a dead Pre and a working Palm m515.
    maybe you can paste? i.e. type something in memos, copy and then paste either using app menu or metatab+v.

Or maybe you can try to login using the usual browser, stay logged in and try again. I once had the impression that this kept me logged in also in the app. But usually that does not work, because it seems to use different cookie (?).
    I found a workaround that I have only succeeded with on TapNote so far. From the logon screen I chose the "Forgot you password?" option and entered my email. I reset the password (back to the same old) using my PC. On my Pre 3 I logged into Dropbox from the still open card where I had reset the password. The login fields work there. I then closed that card, I think, and retried the normal login authentification procedure. Now I got to a different Dropbox page where I only needed to tap a button to confirm access.

So far I haven't made that work with Dropbox Explorer. I don't know if the apps work differently or if I'm not remembering correctly what I did right with TapNote.
    Living in Norway, currently owning a Touchpad 32GB that mostly show the clock, a working Pre 3 in a drawer, a dead Pre 3, a dead Pre and a working Palm m515.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    maybe you can paste? i.e. type something in memos, copy and then paste either using app menu or metatab+v.
    Doesn't work. The cursor doesn't even appear in the field when you tap it. The describing text inside (grey "Email" and "Password") become slightly lighter when the field is tapped, but that's it. I tried to paste in the slightly lighter field without the cursor, but nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Or maybe you can try to login using the usual browser, stay logged in and try again. I once had the impression that this kept me logged in also in the app. But usually that does not work, because it seems to use different cookie (?).
    I tried that too. It seems to me you must log in via the card that the app opened to be able to authenticate that app.
    I posted a bug report to Dropbox.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPsychlo View Post
    Genius - worked for me too - many many thanks
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Hmmmm. The Dropbox login for TapNote does work now, but the app itself doesn't seem to work. It says "Documents" at the top and has the refresh and add buttons at the bottom corners, but nothing works. In Preferences, is does say I am now synced with Dropbox (and by the way, I AM able to use the Dropboxify app to access my documents in general).
    So..... it now syncs, but to no real use!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    I found a workaround that I have only succeeded with on TapNote so far. From the logon screen I chose the "Forgot you password?" option and entered my email. I reset the password (back to the same old) using my PC. On my Pre 3 I logged into Dropbox from the still open card where I had reset the password. The login fields work there. I then closed that card, I think, and retried the normal login authentification procedure. Now I got to a different Dropbox page where I only needed to tap a button to confirm access.

So far I haven't made that work with Dropbox Explorer. I don't know if the apps work differently or if I'm not remembering correctly what I did right with TapNote.
    I had the same issue with 'Explorer for Dropbox', after my Pre3 did reset (database application full). I found a workaroud that did the trick for me. After trying to access the Explorer for Dropbox, where you can't enter anything on the login screen, I went to the main page (pressing the dropbox icon on the upper left corner did work). On the main page, you can hopefully enter your login/password. Make sure to tick that you want to remember the session. After the normal login, I tried again to access the Explorer for Dropbox. This time it didn't ask me for the login, but just went through, and I just had to push the button to authorize the application. The issue is with that authorization page from Dropbox for third party application, that no longer works properly with the Pre3.
    Probably the webview breaks something in the page.. that's sad. :-(
    If this prevails, one should try to patch the apps to open the page in the on device browser instead. Or "fix" the webview, which probably is harder to do.
    This thread may be relevant
    Dropboxify not working anymore?

I think the API has changed. Dropboxify worked until a new account was created (after a reset). A patch was made with variable results. I think pcworld's 'Explorer for Dropbox' works, but presumably Tapnote has integration that can be solved by another app.
    Tapnote itself still works fine, issue is just that you can not put in your account details, when you try to connect an account... the API change which affected Dropboxify does not affect Tapnote. The issue with the credentials affects all Dropbox related apps that open the login page in a webview, that's true. But I did not see a real solution (other than chaning the dropbox pw or what fgosset to go to the main page, which actually is a very nice idea, great that it works!)...