1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    what can I remove from a fresh doctored Pre3 in order to get most storage space available?
    I just de-installed all apps which the post-doc gratefully brought back and there are only 2.3 GB free (o.k. - some preware stuff I'm still sticking on is still on the phone). Idea is to get max free space that installing Android will make some fun.
    Thanks for all hints, ideas, suggestions!
    Greetings,
    P.
    Last edited by Pre3dator; 04/03/2014 at 11:39 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3dator View Post
    Hi all,
    what can I remove from a fresh doctored Pre3 in order to get most storage space available?
    I just de-installed all apps which the post-doc gratefully brought back and there are only 2.3 GB free (o.k. - some preware stuff I'm still sticking on is still on the phone). Idea is to get max free space that installing Android will make some fun.
    Thanks for all hints, ideas, suggestions!
    Greetings,
    P.
    o.k. - got it - was my fault... before I doctored I had Navit plus some maps installed; before I doctored I un-installed Navit. Apparently the uninstall process did not remove the Navit related stuff in \media\internal\appdata.
    And there were plenty other directories of other no longer existing apps left.
    I cleaned out manually and now I'm with 5.8GB free - that's closer to what I expected.
    Greetings,
    P.
    2.3 gig sounds low to me. My Pre3 had some 5 GB free after i last doctored it. It was a EU version though.
    Do you have any music/images/videos left? I know it's been doctored but it might be good to check anyway.
    2.3 gig sounds low to me. My Pre3 had some 5 GB free after i last doctored it. It was a EU version though.
    Do you have any music/images/videos left? I know it's been doctored but it might be good to check anyway.
    Doctor doesn't delete any of that!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 04/04/2014 at 07:03 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Doctor doesn't delete any of that!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I didn't say i got any of that ON my device BEFORE doctoring

Edit: And i didn't know that the doctor doesn't delete media.
  6.    #6  
    Yep. Doctor is not deleting everything no more and the weird thing is that after doctoring I get applications back, which I removed ages ago - maybe because webos profile syncing does not work no more.
    but my original issue is solved - after having been at the doctor...there were around 5.8 GB free - thats' what I aimed for.