Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    Just received a Pre3 from Amazon ($140 deal). I've been out of the WebOS game for a little while (unfortunately), and this Pre 3 has a couple things I'm unfamiliar with...

    It seems that the guy who unlocked the phone made a couple of changes in the scripting for this phone. To begin with, (and this is what bothers me the most) it seems that the "Messaging privacy for Pre3" patch has been installed... when I go to PreWare, and look at the patch, it does not give me the option to uninstall it... just to INSTALL it. I went ahead and clicked "Install" thinking I might be able to cycle it. But it gives me "Error Installing: See IPKG Log" (I can upload the IPKG log if needed)...

    What do I have to do to get this back to normal??? This is one of the features I had loved about the Pre.

    Second, in my dropdown menu, some of the characters are in Japanese (Chinese? Korean?) Any ideas on changing them? (My native language is United States English) See Attachment.

    Third, I want to get rid of the Palm Profile "Dr Skip Firstuse" that came with my phone... How???
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Paint View Post
    Hey guys,
    Just received a Pre3 from Amazon ($140 deal). I've been out of the WebOS game for a little while (unfortunately), and this Pre 3 has a couple things I'm unfamiliar with...

    It seems that the guy who unlocked the phone made a couple of changes in the scripting for this phone. To begin with, (and this is what bothers me the most) it seems that the "Messaging privacy for Pre3" patch has been installed... when I go to PreWare, and look at the patch, it does not give me the option to uninstall it... just to INSTALL it. I went ahead and clicked "Install" thinking I might be able to cycle it. But it gives me "Error Installing: See IPKG Log" (I can upload the IPKG log if needed)...

    What do I have to do to get this back to normal??? This is one of the features I had loved about the Pre.

    Second, in my dropdown menu, some of the characters are in Japanese (Chinese? Korean?) Any ideas on changing them? (My native language is United States English) See Attachment.

    Third, I want to get rid of the Palm Profile "Dr Skip Firstuse" that came with my phone... How???
    Sounds like you need to fresh doctor it?

    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    From your picture grab AT&T's webOS 2.2.4 (if it is a WR version grab that doctor not sure which GSM version you have) and re-doctor your Pre3, and all will be reset?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/21/2014 at 01:07 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Sounds like you need to fresh doctor it?

    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    From your picture grab AT&T's webOS 2.2.4 (if it is a WR version grab that doctor not sure which GSM version you have) and re-doctor your Pre3, and all will be reset?
    Doctor worked, I was kinda hoping to not have to doctor it, but oh well.
    Now, I can't find anything in Preware to make the app drawer transparent. Also apps that I have removed in software manager are still showing up in my app drawer, or atleast the shadows of them are...

    I feel like I remember a lot more options for the app drawer than the 3 I see in preware. (Delete from app drawer, transparency, etc)
    Last edited by Fresh Paint; 03/21/2014 at 05:39 PM.
  4. #4  
    Palm changed the app launcher so some of the old patches are no longer possible
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Palm changed the app launcher so some of the old patches are no longer possible
    Welp, that sucks. So just to verify, no quick way to delete apps without going through software manager?
  6. #6  
    Opt (the gray key) + tap of app icon will bring up a dialog with the app info in it, which has a delete button if it is a removable app (you can't remove the bundled apps).

Similar Threads

  1. Duplicate "buddy" Contacts in Messaging App due to carrier "lists"
    By cstraim in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06/14/2010, 06:01 PM
  2. Patch Request: Remove "Send" Airplane from Messaging
    By frankdavis in forum webOS Patches
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/02/2010, 08:40 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12/27/2009, 07:09 PM
  4. How to change "conversations" "buddies" text in messaging app
    By gtaristsoul220 in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09/14/2009, 03:43 PM
  5. "Quirks" with Scala 500 and Treo 650
    By Jay Grindell in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02/16/2005, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions