1.    #1  
    I've got an app on my newly replaced Pre3 that shows an older version (1.01) versus what's available in other app catalogs (on my TouchPad the version is 1.20). Can I update the app through WSQI? The app is Checklist and the app doesn't back up the checklists, neither does Save/Restore. I'd like to avoid re-entering the checklists in again (after having done it when I switched Pre3's).
    Anybody else seeing this? I've had 3 apps now in my Pre3 swap where the app catalog version is older than what I had on my previous Pre3.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Strange, I don't own the app, but I see the 1.2 version available for $0.99 in the App Catalog on my FrankenPre2 / 2.2.4.
    Do you get any update notifications if you open Software Manager and leave it running for a minute?
  3.    #3  
    I have. I've even tried sending the download link from the Palm website, the email link takes me to 1.01 version. Online it says its not available for the Pre3.
  4.    #4  
    Well, since nobody answered, I tried WSQI and it updated the app to the newest version and kept my checklists intact. Cool.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    This is an App Catalog feature...

During the Hayday of Pivot and such, they updated the App Catalog to allow different versions...

So lets say you have an App called Angry Birds... Well on the Pre2 you do not get the latest..

App Catalog (Angry Birds Apps Versions depends on Device)

So if you had a version that worked for the Phones and you updated it to work with the Touchpad, if someone bought it they would get the new version on their Touchpad but still use the older version on the Phones...

Then they streamlined the packaging allowing one to package Enyo and Mojo versions of an App together, so you could have one source for both, the logic of the App would use what looked/performed better on the device...

As long as the newer version of an App still has the code to work on the Phones, updating it should work just fine, also if allowed on Pre/PrePlus/Pre2 it should work on the Pre3, if not there are hacks to make it work (Fix the Black line and fix the SDL issues), however if it is designed for the Touchpad and you attempt to put it on the Pre3 sometimes it will work, but most of the time the dialog boxes will not work...
    I'm surprised it's not in Save/Restore.. Want to do a little sleuthing? It might not be too hard to create one. You are referring to the app from SpeedyMarks right?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/09/2014 at 09:12 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm surprised it's not in Save/Restore.. Want to do a little sleuthing? It might not be too hard to create one. You are referring to the app from SpeedyMarks right?
    Correct, SpeedyMarks. I'd be glad to do some work to get it in Save/Restore-it's not terribly difficult to re-enter the checklists, but I'd rather not need to!
    Direct me!
    I was going to try to write something up, but haven't had time (and frankly I'm not an authority), so here's a link to webosinternals' documentation, which includes great detail on creating a script. Don't get discouraged, it doesn't have to be a lot of work if it's covered by the standard scripts that are out there.

http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/A...on:SaveRestore

This post has an example that works for many apps that are compatible with webos 1.x: New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

To test your script, you can either open save restore after adding your new script and select save for the new app, or navigate to the directory the script is in and running it from a command line - this is a better way to see error messages anyway.

One thing I'm not sure about is if the database portion of the script is any different for ext: databases (stored in /media/internal/.app-storage) vs the default location. Edit: yes, based on what I see, it does (Music Player Remix is an example)
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/10/2014 at 11:28 PM.