Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Probably not the first to ask this by far.. But always good to re-fresh on an occurrence.

I recently removed my accounts to force a refresh..
    I pulled my accounts in from the smallest first to largest last.

Skype first... ALL 33 contacts came in.
    Facebook... 50 contacts out of over 200 .. but not all pics either...
    Google contacts (+ calender etc) - ALL 284 came in ... & a bit of synergy is now going on...

However, re-syncing facebook multiple times.. + re-signing in to facebook multiple times.. is NOT pulling in any more Facebook contacts..??

Does anyone know why this is, or what the bock is? & the remedy?

Many thanks
    Al
  2.    #2  
    Ok, this is getting annoying.. i removed the facebook account completely, then re-added it, It seems to log in just fine.. But the bloody thing isn't pulling ANY contacts down now!!!... Even when it pops up the syncing 'facebook message'!
    - As for Facebook itself online , it has the "Facebook HP WebOS" app installed.
    What is this sh*te' ?? - why is it not working?
    Any solutions out there? - it WAS ok-ish... & has the 'potential' to pull down contacts & sync, so what's the blocker?

Cheers.
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 02/16/2014 at 02:10 PM.
  3.    #3  
    LOL, Am i talking to myself on this one? :-D

Does ANYONE have an answer as to what is going on?
    Cheers
    Al
    Could be Facebook changed something to the API somehow. Or they implemented some timeout or limit. Difficult to say without detailed checking.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  5.    #5  
    Might any of the Preware patches or apps be causing a potential conflict?
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 02/17/2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    Might any of the Preware patches or apps be causing a potential conflict?
    Yes! That could be. Which ones you have installed?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I doubt it, but I suppose it is possible.
  8.    #8  
    LOL
    Completely opposing views there from Herrie and Grabber5.0 :-D

Anyway here goes...
    I must state that apart from the Facebook contact loading issue.. (Even though Facebook DOES sign in correctly, & i AM receiving message notifications) - My Phone is functioning perfectly! - ALL other syncs, notifications, apps and patches appear to be working properly.

Note: (A lot of these were installed as 'dependencies' , that i had no influence over.)

Installed Packages: 76

Applications: 16
    AccuWeather
    App Catalog v2.1.10000 - HP
    App Catalog update v2.0.0 - HP
    Auction Mate for eBay v2.0.5
    Battery Saver v1.0.01
    Easy Samba v1.1.2
    Facebook v1.5.62 - Palm
    FrontCam v0.0.10
    Govnah v1.3.9
    Internalz Pro v1.5.0
    LED Torch v0.2.7
    Maps v3.1.32 - HP
    Preware v1.9.12
    Quickoffice v1.0.10
    WiFi File Sharing v1.4.0
    xwTweak v0.2.1

Kernel: 1
    UberKernel v2.2.4-38

Linux Application: 8
    AUSMT Scripts v1.2.1
    Diffstat v1.45-1
    EOM Overlord Monitoring v1.0.5
    GNU Patch v2.5.9-4
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $v1$.$0$.$2$
    Locale Support Infrastructure v7.3.0-2
    Lsdiff v0.3.1-1
    UnZip v6.0-1

Optware: 2
    Optware Advanced Linux Comand Line installer v0.99.163-16
    Optware Bootstrap

Patch: 46
    Add Scrollbars to the Browser v2.2.4-46
    Add Skype Invisible Messaging Status v2.2.4-54
    Advanced Options Launcher v2.2.4-14
    Advanced System Behavior v2.2.4-10
    Advanced System Menus-Framework v2.2.4-15
    Battery Percent and Horizontal Icon v2.2.4-47
    Bookmark Browser Fix v2.2.4-53
    Bookmarks Tile Button v2.2.4-14
    Buttah v2.2.4-5
    Change number of bookmarks to 99 v2.2.4-57
    Character Counter v2.2.4-57
    Ctrl and Enter for New Line v2.2.4-95
    Data in Device Menu v2.2.4-14
    Disable remove Source IPK After Package Installation v2.2.4-1
    Email Mega Mix v2.2.4-16
    Enable Line Breaks in SMS v2.2.4-95
    Export Call History v2.2.4-51
    Flashlight in Device Menu v2.2.4-14
    Google Sync Behaviors Patch v2.2.4-93
    GPS Icon On Top Bar v2.2.4-43
    Greek accented layout for hardware keyboard v2.2.4-16
    GSM 3G GPS and Brightness in Device Menu v2.2.4-16
    Hold Tap Context Menu v2.2.4-27 (Email)
    Hold Tap Context Menu v2.2.4-25 (Browser)
    ImageView Hi-Res Zoom v2.2.4-29
    Immediately Load high resolution v2.2.4-27
    Improved Photo Naming PRE v2.2.4-14
    Just Type Scrim Fix v2.2.4-12
    Mojo FPS Booster v2.2.4-45
    Mojo Smooth Scrolling v2.2.4-43
    Mojo Tap Responsiveness v2.2.4-37
    More Contact Phone Types v2.2.4-73
    Multi Mod v2.2.4-14
    New Card Button v2.2.4-14
    No Auto refresh After Idle v2.2.4-40
    Reduce Min Brightness to 5 v2.2.4-8
    Remove Dropping Packet Logging v2.2.4-5
    Reverse Number Look-Up multi-country v2.2.4-47
    SMS Vibrate v2.2.4-88
    Sync Fix for Google Contacts v2.2.4-72
    Sync Fix for Stable Upload v2.2.4-71
    UberCalendar v2.2.4-92
    Unhide Dev Mode icon v2.2.4-6
    Unthrottle Download Manager v2.2.4-14
    View Source of Webpage v2.2.4-27
    youtube-quality-fix224-v2 v2.2.4-1

Plugin: 1
    GSM WAV Codec v1.2

Service: 2
    FileMgr v2.0.9
    SysToolsMgr Service v1.0.6

As i mentioned, apart from from Facebook contracts not loading, everything is running smoothly & behaving properly.
    Can you Guru's spot something?
    Lol I wouldn't say completely opposing. I agree it's possible, I just think this is a Facebook issue.
    Garfonso found some issues with some of the "Google" and/or Sync patches while developing CardDAV/CalDAV for WebOS Ports. I see you have 3 patches installed that I suspect could cause it. Try removing the Google Sync Behaviors Patch, Sync Fix for Google Contacts and Sync Fix for Stable Upload. Reboot and see if sorted. I suspect it might be.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  11.    #11  
    hi herrie, I have tried as you suggested. Rebooted as required, the re-added facebook as a sync account.
    so far no change... Does it need a while before kicking in?
    also, by removing the 3 patches you suggested, have I reintroduced some instabilities?
    Al
  12.    #12  
    hi herrie, I have tried as you suggested. Rebooted as required, the re-added facebook as a sync account.
    also, by removing the 3 patches you suggested, have I reintroduced some instabilities?
    Al
    Al
    Try to force some syncs, wait a few hours. If no change, install them back
  14.    #14  
    I'm forcing... No joy yet..
    I'd also submit it sometimes takes a while for all the FB (and other account) data to populate. If they're just slowly trickling in, it might not be broken. I know with a fresh device it can take from hours to a full day before the sync'ing dust settles. (Assuming you got all your FB security and two-step settings done right.)

And remember, it's not just downloading the info, but also collating it through Synergy. If you have hundreds of incoming new data, the processing time can require additional patience. It does this in the background in a way that seems to try and minimize stealing CPU time from whatever else you're doing (though I've still noticed a minor slowdown during heavy sync'ing).

Forget trying to scroll through your Contacts list manually, too. The Contacts card will populate VERY slowly if you exceed a few hundred contacts, even if they're all actually in the database. Just Type is really the only way to verify someone is there. Indeed, the days of manually looking people up is over!

Still, if you leave it plugged in and online overnight only to wake up with still-missing data as you seem to describe, it sounds fishy.

Just my usual two cents. I thought all these Synergy caveats took a little getting used to, but it works like a charm!

P.S. -- Re: FB pictures, those seems to update maybe once a day or so. Not sure when. But whether or not a photo shows up also partly depends on the privacy settings the person set for the pics.
  16.    #16  
    hi ananimus, what FB security specifically are you referring to?
    should I tweak some settings in FB itself?
    I've been trying this and leaving it for hours at a time, for several days now. The only thing I can recall, is that when this phone was relatively fresh (only a week ago), app store update fixed, but no real patches added, it did pull FB down and synced.
    its pulling down nothing now....
    should I tweak some settings in FB itself?

The only thing I can recall, is that when this phone was relatively fresh (only a week ago), app store update fixed, but no real patches added, it did pull FB down and synced.

its pulling down nothing now....
    Depends. Do you use two-step auth on Facebook? Then I think you might need to go delete the app-password and get a new one to sign in the Synergy Account with on the Pre 3. (But then, I'd think you'd get a password error right away on the Pre if this was the problem.)

If you don't use any of that, then I'd say it's probably not FB security.
  18.    #18  
    sorry for sounding dumb, but what do you mean by two-step authentication? I have one user I'd & password?
    is there something I can do in facebook itself?
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 02/17/2014 at 06:10 PM.
    It's extra, optional security. Whenever you (or someone else...) sign in from a new device, they text/email you a short verification code to make sure it's really you. For apps there's no where to enter this code, so you have to get a special password instead.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you probably never set it up and this isn't the problem.
  20.    #20  
    Morning Ananimus,
    Firstly I've left the phone on over night, and alas not a single contact has come in. :-(

Regarding the extra security.. Yes i've seen that before, where FB sniffs a very different IP & takes you through a txt / automated voice message verification process.

This does not seem to be the problem, as the FB app on the phone IS logging in just fine, i DO receive message notifications popping up. And the 'contact' account 'appears' to be logged in as well..

When performing a 'sync', the FB account 'seems' to go through the motions .. and even says 'Facebook syncing account', and completes without an error.

Would it be worth installing 'lumberjack'? - Although i won't know what I'm looking at or what, or even how to extract from the log files for someone to examine?

My only link to the subsequent patch installs, is that when the Pre 3 was 'fresh' about 1.5 weeks ago... When I entered in my FB account for the very first time, it DID pull down contacts... I can't recall if it was all of them.

My Gmail & Skype contacts are behaving themselves perfectly.

So it seems to be either one or both of two things...
    A) .. Some other patch is causing the block
    B) FB has changed something in their API in the last few days.. (Unlikely, but they do sneak things in bit by bit.)
    C) BOTH A + B are the problem.

Catch up in a little while
    Al
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 02/18/2014 at 04:16 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast