Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    Just an observation.. webOS 2.2.4
    When the Pre 3 IS ON the touchstone, WITH exhibition more running and a call comes in, you get on the screen a CHOICE to EITHER tap a GREEN answer call, or RED 'reject the call', which forces the caller to voice-mail (or not if no voice-mail is activated)... But essentially you CAN control the call, & at least shut the phone up quickly if you don't want to take the call..

If the phone is not on the Touchstone when a call comes in but the screen time-out has kicked in (where you have to swipe a padlock to open the screen), and a call comes in , you ONLY seem to get the option to swipe a green icon TO TAKE the call, but NOTHING else... Thus if you don't want to take the call, you're forced to have to endure letting the call ring & ring, until either your voice-mail kicks in, or the caller aborts!?

However, if the phone is off the touchshone but the screen lock has NOT yet kicked in & a call comes in, you ARE presented with both Green & Red Icons to choose what to do, (answer or reject).

Additionally, if the phone is charging via the USB cable, plugged into a PC or wall charger, the phone behaves as though it is on the Touchstone and DOES offer the two Green (answer) or Red (ignore), option.

In summary, when the phone is NOT charging, IS there a way, once the screen has timed out to the padlock swipe mode, and a call comes in, to have the phone display a Red 'phone down' icon (or something) so that you CAN control the call more to either accept or reject it?

Cheers
    Al
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 02/15/2014 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    Hi all,
    Just an observation.. webOS 2.2.4
    When the Pre 3 IS ON the touchstone, WITH exhibition more running and a call comes in, you get on the screen a CHOICE to EITHER tap a GREEN answer call, or RED 'reject the call', which forces the caller to voice-mail (or not if no voice-mail is activated)... But essentially you CAN control the call, & at least shut the phone up quickly if you don't want to take the call..

If the phone is not on the Touchstone when a call comes in but the screen time-out has kicked in (where you have to swipe a padlock to open the screen), and a call comes in , you ONLY seem to get the option to swipe a green icon TO TAKE the call, but NOTHING else... Thus if you don't want to take the call, you're forced to have to endure letting the call ring & ring, until either your voice-mail kicks in, or the caller aborts!?

However, if the phone is off the touchshone but the screen lock has NOT yet kicked in & a call comes in, you ARE presented with both Green & Red Icons to choose what to do, (answer or reject).

Additionally, if the phone is charging via the USB cable, plugged into a PC or wall charger, the phone behaves as though it is on the Touchstone and DOES offer the two Green (answer) or Red (ignore), option.

In summary, IS there a way, once the screen has timed out to the padlock swipe and a call comes in, to have the phone display a Red 'phone down' icon (or something) so that you CAN control the call more to either accept or reject?

Cheers
    Al
    A bit confusing, but press power button once to silence ring or twice to ignore call.

Also phone is set by default to asnwer call when you pick it up from touchstone. There's a patch to change that behavior.
    MAMISHO likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Ah, yes, should have thought of that.
    Gotcha... Many thanks for your help.
    Query solved... but of course, still makes me wonder why the original developers didn't think to offer the 'red' reject icon at ALL times?
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 02/15/2014 at 10:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Volume buttons ignore calls as well. One touch.
    Not a silly question. I had an OG Pre for months not knowing before some friends who got Pixis mentioned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    Ah, yes, should have thought of that.
    Gotcha... Many thanks for your help.
    Query solved... but of course, still makes me wonder why the original developers didn't think to offer the 'red' reject icon at ALL times?
    I'm guessing that egg came before that chicken.

the power button can be pressed easily when i is in your hand, but not so much on the TS. discovering this, they added an on screen button as well? guessing...

what i want to know is, when call waiting is in effect,
    WHY CAN'T I HANG UP ON A CALL WITHOUT HANGING UP ON THE CALL THAT'S HOLDING??

the choice is switch or drop both. i hate that. is there a patch for that?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 02/17/2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I'm guessing that egg came before that chicken.

the power button can be pressed easily when i is in your hand, but not so much on the TS. discovering this, they added an on screen button as well? guessing...

what i want to know is, when call waiting is in effect,
    WHY CAN'T I HANG UP ON A CALL WITHOUT HANGING UP ON THE CALL THAT'S HOLDING??

the choice is switch or drop both. i hate that. is there a patch for that?
    I believe that has to do with the network (sprint/cdma) why you cant hang up just one. The other one is can't browse and talk at the same time except when on wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I believe that has to do with the network (sprint/cdma) why you cant hang up just one. The other one is can't browse and talk at the same time except when on wifi
    Yup. It works on GSM versions (ATT, etc)