Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    I'm trying to prep my Pre 3 to install the VKB, where it requires for safe operation, the installation of a patch that adds a drop down menu addition to switch off the Accelerometer, so that the screen stays in portrait, whilst using the Keyboard. (Haven't tried to add the keyboard yet.)

    However I'm getting a complete fail when trying to apply the actual .patch.

    using WOSQI, I can successfully transfer:
    com.xwteam.app.xwtweak_0.1.0_all.ipk
    com.xwteam.app.xwtweak_0.1.1_all.ipk
    com.xwteam.app.xwtweak_0.2.0_all.ipk


    However when trying to apply the patch:

    xwtweak.devicemenu-accelerometer-toggle.patch

    The install completely pukes! with the following attached error (see screen grab).

    Can someone clearly & easily explain what i have done wrong or forgot / Thus what i need to do correctly to get this patch to install & work seamlessly.
    Look forward to your solutions .. No doubt I'll screw up the keyboard install as well LOL

    Many thanks
    Al
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 02/09/2014 at 02:23 PM.
  2. #2  
    First off, you'd only need one of the ipk's. And 0.2.1 is here: xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch

    Second, to install that patch it depends what device menu patches you're using. If you installed Advanced System Menu or New Device Menu, this patch will probably conflict. (New Device Menu already includes a switch for xwTweak, if it's installed.) Pretty sure that patch only adds a panel to the ordinary device menu.

    Edit: Although, Choorp just pointed out ([Patch] New Device Menu) that New Device Menu is compatible with normal Advanced patches except the full Advanced System Menus package which in my experience was more conflict-y. Didn't know all this before. Only remembered New Device Menu after talking to you the other day, sorry!
    Last edited by ananimus; 02/09/2014 at 03:18 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Hi ananimus,
    I do appear to have 'Advanced System Menus - Framework' & ' Advanced System Behavior' Only installed....
    Do i need to un-install these? What might i loose? - Or am i not really utilising them yet, & thus won't notice their removal?

    Once we get past this issue & I install : com.xwteam.app.xwtweak_0.2.1_all.ipk
    Do i still need to install the: xwtweak.devicemenu-accelerometer-toggle.patch
    After that?

    Look forward to your advice.
    Al
  4. #4  
    No you don't need to un-install those, I have both and it work fine. You just have to install the correct version of the app first and then the toggle patch
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    No you don't need to un-install those, I have both and it work fine. You just have to install the correct version of the app first and then the toggle patch

    Hmmm, it's still puking on me when i go to install the .patch file.

    I used Preware to un-install the version of xwtweak.. Then used WOSQI to install ver 2.1 that was linked to by ananimus.

    Then tried to resend the .patch ... Do i have to re-boot the Pre3 before applying the patch?

    Help LOL

    Al
  6. #6  
    So you installed the app first? You have icon?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    Hi ananimus,
    I do appear to have 'Advanced System Menus - Framework' & ' Advanced System Behavior' Only installed....
    Do i need to un-install these? What might i loose? - Or am i not really utilising them yet, & thus won't notice their removal?
    I don't know if you'll notice their removal. Do you even know what the things you installed do?

    ASM Framework changes the behavior of the swipe down menus with optional extra packages for changing the Device (right), new center (calendar) and left (app) pull down behaviors to something more customizable.

    Alternatively, you can remove it and add separate patches one by one. I used to do this until trying some major packages like ASM today.

    These are your options:
    1) Keep ASM installed and if you have the ASM Device Menu added, then as laingman said, you can still add Rotate. But you need the right patch. See this post for the ASM version:
    xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch

    2) You might try the New Device Menu beta 3 from the other thread. That's what I ended up sticking with after removing ASM. Notice it already includes switches for rotation and flashlight if xwTweak and the Flashlight service are available.


    3) Remove ASM and just add the patch you're already trying to install. Make other changes to Device menu by adding minor patches one by one.


    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post

    Once we get past this issue & I install : com.xwteam.app.xwtweak_0.2.1_all.ipk
    Do i still need to install the: xwtweak.devicemenu-accelerometer-toggle.patch
    After that?
    Whether or not you need the patch depends on how you decide you want to customize your device menu. The IPK is just an app the provides the service. The patches just decide how you access it more easily.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So you installed the app first? You have icon?
    Yes, if i go into Preware, then 'installed packages' then 'Application' - It is there listed at the bottom:
    'xwTweak' v0.2.1 - xwteam
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    I don't know if you'll notice their removal. Do you even know what the things you installed do?

    ASM Framework changes the behavior of the swipe down menus with optional extra packages for changing the Device (right), new center (calendar) and left (app) pull down behaviors to something more customizable.

    Alternatively, you can remove it and add separate patches one by one. I used to do this until trying some major packages like ASM today.

    These are your options:
    1) Keep ASM installed and if you have the ASM Device Menu added, then as laingman said, you can still add Rotate. But you need the right patch. See this post for the ASM version:
    xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch

    2) You might try the New Device Menu beta 3 from the other thread. That's what I ended up sticking with after removing ASM. Notice it already includes switches for rotation and flashlight if xwTweak and the Flashlight service are available.
    Click to view quoted image


    3) Remove ASM and just add the patch you're already trying to install. Make other changes to Device menu by adding minor patches one by one.




    Whether or not you need the patch depends on how you decide you want to customize your device menu.
    Hi,
    Yes i did install the ASM for its menu tweaking...
    i currently have:

    Brightness %
    Wi-Fi
    VPN
    Bluetooth
    Flashlight
    Data Connection
    Network Type
    GPS
    Aeroplane Mode

    I'd like to preserve them if possible.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    Hi,
    Yes i did install the ASM for its menu tweaking...

    I'd like to preserve them if possible.
    Okay then.

    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    1) Keep ASM installed and if you have the ASM Device Menu added, then as laingman said, you can still add Rotate. But you need the right patch. See this post for the ASM version:
    xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch
    Edit: "AdancedSysMenus-xwtweak.devicemenu-accelerometer-toggle.patch", of course.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Okay then.



    Edit: "AdancedSysMenus-xwtweak.devicemenu-accelerometer-toggle.patch", of course.
    Ggrrr LOL :-)

    STILL got an error:

    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED - saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-system/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    **FAILED**


    I still have the xwTweak 2.1 installed.


    Any thoughts?
  12. #12  
    Assuming you have the app installed and its working you should be able to lock the rotation by opening the app. Going forward I would try to install the different vesions of the menu patch one by one. I dont have a pre3 so I cant tell you which combination of app and patch version will work for you.
    ananimus likes this.
  13. #13  
    Thanks, laingman. Is the one I linked the one you used? And do you remember which version of the xwTweak beta you installed?

    All I can for sure is that using New Device Menu beta 3, installing xwTweak 0.2.1 afterward worked perfectly.

    If you keep having trouble getting a Menu patch to install, something must be conflicting and dunno what.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Thanks, laingman. Is the one I linked the one you used? And do you remember which version of the xwTweak beta you installed?

    All I can for sure is that using New Device Menu beta 3, installing xwTweak 0.2.1 afterward worked perfectly.

    If you keep having trouble getting a Menu patch to install, something must be conflicting and dunno what.
    I have 3.0.1 for the app, and 2.1.0-1 for the menu patch. I have a pre2 running webos 2.1, the app don't launch but obviously it doesn't have to for the menu patch to work.

    By the way it needs enyo to work, but he says this is a pre3 so should not be a problem
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have 3.0.1 for the app, and 2.1.0-1 for the menu patch. I have a pre2 running webos 2.1, the app don't launch but obviously it doesn't have to for the menu patch to work.

    By the way it needs enyo to work, but he says this is a pre3 so should not be a problem

    Morning,

    So as to not upset my own apple-cart too much. I HAVE the 2.1 App installed, & it has placed a nice icon in the applications swipe folder. & it DOES work perfectly.
    As for the patch, to 'add' this function to the drop down menu, even though it seems to fail to install, it isn't the end of the world, as the App is working AND remembers the setting after shutting it down.

    Incidentally, if you rotate the phone to 'landscape' & activate the app, it locks it just as well in landscape mode.

    OK, Off to see if i can install the VKB ...... wish me luck :-)
    Last edited by mr-scorpio; 02/10/2014 at 05:31 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08/12/2011, 03:04 PM
  2. flashlight toggle in menu giving an error!
    By RUSH in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01/06/2011, 11:52 PM
  3. Error installing device menu megamix
    By chaz1k in forum webOS Patches
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08/09/2010, 01:27 PM
  4. Fixing a bad patch install - GestureClick Context Menu
    By bsoder in forum WebOS Internals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11/26/2009, 08:08 PM
  5. Conduit 'Install' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    By maryann in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/26/2005, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions