Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

After a lot and I mean a lot of googling and searching (although that doesn't necessarily I have always been looking for the right thing! :P) I can't seem to find a solution.

I recently bought a Hp Pre 3 then I doctored it using the 2.2.4 unlocked GSM version.

Once I have done this the app store says it needs to update. Sometimes it downloads the update and sometimes it doesn't. However if it does it always fails to install.

Also if I don't download the update and go into the store and look for the App store update to fix the root certificate that doesn't install neither.

By the way I have tried all of this with the date set at 1st of July 2013 and 23rd of July 2013 and this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also when I did check my root certificate it said it only valid until the 23rd of July 2013.

I have always tried installing Preware then getting app tuckerbox and trying install the update for the app store that way but then I get a IPK error an a SSL error for not being to install when I check the log.

I have always tried doctoring my device again and seeing if that works however it didn't seem to make a difference.

I am really stuck with this and I can't think of anymore solutions. Can anyone help please???

Many thanks for all your help in advance.

James
    See this post (you may want to read the whole thread - it's not that long).

NEW in Box Pre3 - Last years app catalog certificate failing - URGENT Help please!
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/08/2014 at 08:22 PM.
    mayapi likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you Grabber5.0 I literally just saw that post after I hit the post button. I think that will solve my problem I will give it a go now!

Thanks again!

James
    Quote Originally Posted by jasimpson89 View Post
    Thank you Grabber5.0 I literally just saw that post after I hit the post button. I think that will solve my problem I will give it a go now!

Thanks again!

James
    James,
    Good luck, i too have just bought a brand new (old stock) Pre3 - & with some excellent advice (see the thread i started), i now have an awesome phone!
    Best
    Al