Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi there,

I doctored my Pre3 two days ago and set it up pretty much as it was before but I could not get the Patch "Battery Percent as Icon" to install. It always gives me the Installation Error. Hunks failed at bla bla /bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

I thought it might be the New Device Menu (Though it did work the last time), thus uninstalling it, but this didn't do it. I intentionally did not install the "Advanced Device Menu" Patch. So which could it be.

My list:

- All Advanced Patches except Adv. Device Menu and Advanced Power Menu
    - Buttah
    - Delete Email from Dashb.
    - Hold Tap Context (Browser + Email)
    - Improved Photo Nmaing
    - Max Blocker
    - New Card Button
    - No Auto Refresh after Idle
    - Remove Tap Ripple
    - Secure Univ. Search
    - Übercalender

Thanks for any suggestions, hints or solutions.

best Jörg
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem with my Pre2 and a Battery as Icon patch, and could never figure out the conflict I use the battery as a percent from Tweaks. The battery setting is in the Topbar section.
  3. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    Hi there,

I doctored my Pre3 two days ago and set it up pretty much as it was before but I could not get the Patch "Battery Percent as Icon" to install. It always gives me the Installation Error. Hunks failed at bla bla /bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

I thought it might be the New Device Menu (Though it did work the last time), thus uninstalling it, but this didn't do it. I intentionally did not install the "Advanced Device Menu" Patch. So which could it be.

My list:

- All Advanced Patches except Adv. Device Menu and Advanced Power Menu
    - Buttah
    - Delete Email from Dashb.
    - Hold Tap Context (Browser + Email)
    - Improved Photo Nmaing
    - Max Blocker
    - New Card Button
    - No Auto Refresh after Idle
    - Remove Tap Ripple
    - Secure Univ. Search
    - Übercalender

Thanks for any suggestions, hints or solutions.

best Jörg
    I agree with ericlf, I have both a pre2 and a new pre3 and set them up the same. Like you I have all of sconix's advanced patched except device menu and power menu. But I do have tweaks installed from preware and this allows me to select battery % icon (I also have new device menu patch). Do you have tweaks installed?

vito
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Thanks, for your replies. I currently do not have tweaks installed because after my last set up seven weeks ago my Pre3 had a terrible lag in the phone app. So I was going very slow concerning adding patches. And I'm quite happy with it right now because I need not switch back and forth with tweaks already knowing what I want and need . But if tweaks is the only way to the percent sign I will do that.

Thanks alot!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I toyed around with tweaks today and my suspicion got kind of confirmed. The phone app was just fine but merging contacs took about twice as long as normal. I wouldn't put too much weight on that but may be I find another was.

But thanks for your confirmation of this behaviour.

Jörg