02/05/2014, 02:07 PM
Firstly, Thank you once again for assisting in getting my new pre3 past the dreaded certificate expiry issue.
I've now been having a bit of fun in Preware, pimping up my Pre 3 ... And very swish it is now!
I have some questions however about things that seem like they could/should have been tweaked but aren't obvious..
1) The Preware / Homebrew community in general - now we're entering into 2014, just how 'lively & active' is the homebrew community still these days, especially in catering for the Pre 3? - Is it waning, or still alive?
2) The Ribbon bar - It has only 5 icons (which are swappable), however is there a patch that enables MORE than 5 items?
3) Is there a patch or app that can make apps of your choice - start up automatically when the phone is 1st switched on & thus tile them for you ..?
4) Any Themes for the Pre 3 - And what might they look like? (Not really bothered, just curious)
5) Screen Savers - putting aside the battery waste, unless on charge - Are there any 'exhibition' screen savers - that do nice swirly patterns etc instead of just a clock, facebook, govnah, pics etc....?
6) Virtual Keyboard - Is there surely by now a safe & easy to install (via preware) one that works well on the Pre 3? (ideally in both portrait and landscape) - I've been reading threads about this, seeing things 'in the works' ... but that was all dated 2012.. 2013 had been & gone.. so any good VKB out there?
7) The Browser - It is ageing, but still functional... Has it been, or Is its core available for development? Have there been or are their still developers working on updating the browser & it comparabilities with today's web standards? not just for the touchpad but for pre 3 as well?
Putting the above aside, i have a pre 3 that is pretty much doing what i want of it now.. Pulling in emails from multiple sources, syncing with my outlook calendar, etc etc... Loving it
Look forward to your replies.