Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    I think the last time I used it was in July when my cousin came from Florida. My Pre3 had just arrived, and we were showing each other funny YouTube videos. I was using my Pre3, and when I found one, I would fullscreen it.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I did it a few times when I first got my Pre3 just figuring it out, but I really haven't done it since then.
    When I flashed my Veer to 2.2.4 to test with my Pre 3. My TouchPad no longer runs webOS on a daily basis, so I don't have anything to TTS with.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Never did myself, only ever had one phone at a time and I'm the only webOS user I know IRL.

Pity it didn't go farther though. Android Beam is pretty slick stuff. Showed my stepmom how to use it, and she does it all the time now with her N7, Droid, and to give friends pictures.
    6 months ago - as a quick way to transfer/save some URLs!

Sadly, TTS probably has the most underused development-potential of the entire debacle that was HP's errant journey into (and OUT of!) webOS!

It's like giving your creations each a 'voice' - but then only allowing them the use of one single word with which to communicate with each other!

Can it not be patched out to allow file transfer & telephony interlinks at least?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 02/02/2014 at 01:09 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    used it one month back to share some youtube video and some homepage back and forth between TP and Pre3s.
    I would use it more often if I could share photo, video, music, contact, text, email, etc .. easily.
    TTS never exposed all potentials. (Is it part of open webOS?)
    just to test originally, then gave up as its no fun "sharing" with yourself.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    just to test originally, then gave up as its no fun "sharing" with yourself.
    Yeah, lack of others to share with definitely drags down the usefulness. Now talking to yourself on the other hand, that's quite easy and useful.
    sledge007 likes this.
    I've mainly done it to show the feature off to people. I think the last time I did it was my Pre3 to Veer when I got my veer about six months ago.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    I use it every so often to share between my TouchPad and Pre3.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I use it frequently to "Touch To Pair" by bluetooth, but seldom to "Touch To Share". Like others have said, I would use TTS constantly if it worked for file or picture transfer but as is it's more of a novelty.

Like I said though, it does simplify bluetooth pairing so that I can set my Pre3 to charge on the Touchstone across the room but still send texts from the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Like I said though, it does simplify bluetooth pairing so that I can set my Pre3 to charge on the Touchstone across the room but still send texts from the TP.
    I send my "text messages" mainly in MojoWhatsUp (MWU) .. what would it take to allow BT connection to my Pre3 to allow sending/recieving MWU chats in the TouchPad via BT exchange with the Pre3 which connects to the WA servers. So all my chat history would be in the Pre3 - but I could add more chats content from my TP.