View Poll Results: shuddn't I get some satisfaction here ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • yeah ...dude !!

2 50.00%
  • nah ...wtf ??

0 0%
  • what's an rtf anyhow ??

1 25.00%
  • I don't give a rat's ars !!

1 25.00%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mtiberio
  1.    #1  
    I purchased RTFtoPDF from app catalog & it doesn't work on pre3. Went to see if it works on touchpad & catalog wants it paid a second time even though both are on the same account. I have gotten many apps from the HP catalog and never found any to not work at all, some work but not so well ...that's part of the life in open source and I accept that. This is the only time I paid for absolutely nothing at all ...I realize there is something in the hp tos that says refunds are not in the picture. I object to this strenuously and I want my money back. I wonder who agrees?
  2.    #2  
    see...already 100% agree ...LOL
    Are you using a mobileme or hotmail account to have the app send you the converted file? That's mentioned in the app description that it doesn't work for those.

You can check in impostah to make sure the app is showing in your account. It should work on the touchpad but it could be a server hiccup. HP does still support the app catalog as far as I know and they will supply limited tech support for phone calls about the app store.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Are you using a mobileme or hotmail account to have the app send you the converted file? That's mentioned in the app description that it doesn't work for those.

You can check in impostah to make sure the app is showing in your account. It should work on the touchpad but it could be a server hiccup. HP does still support the app catalog as far as I know and they will supply limited tech support for phone calls about the app store.
    no joy ...it's gmail ...it wants to send the rtf as an attachment to a location for which the mail returns undeliverable ...the support link in the app doesn't yield any response ...pitiful !!
  5.    #5  

...oh yeah, I wish stuff I have like picsel smart office would open rtf which is a sort of ancient filespec some occasionally use if they have an old scanner...
    If the app is programmed to convert the file to pdf using the same filename with a different file extension then you might be able to run the conversion and then search the device for that name to manually save it. Or is it one of those "convert it in the cloud and then send it to you" apps?
    Follow me on Twitter
  7.    #7  
    If the app is programmed to convert the file to pdf using the same filename with a different file extension then you might be able to run the conversion and then search the device for that name to manually save it. Or is it one of those "convert it in the cloud and then send it to you" apps?
    app simply sets up to mail rtf as attachment to iPhone@pdfonline.com claiming that in a few minutes the pdf will come back ...what comes back is...

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
    Sounds like a new entry for the Zombie App thread.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    app simply sets up to mail rtf as attachment to iPhone@pdfonline.com claiming that in a few minutes the pdf will come back ...what comes back is...

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
    Sounds like the server they set up to convert them was shut down. It was probably costing more than they were making.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/26/2014 at 10:04 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Sounds like a new entry for the Zombie App thread.
    eh?
    Hovering over these forums like a webOS vulture...

The Zombie & Dead app list

Bean Vulture?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/27/2014 at 07:11 AM.
    rather than go through HP, call your credit card company, and explain it to them. for small ticket items like this, they will take your word for it and charge it back to HP. It is down in the noise to HP and there will be no further follow up. Only do this if you have a legit beef...
    TJs11thPre and creepingmee like this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    rather than go through HP, call your credit card company, and explain it to them. for small ticket items like this, they will take your word for it and charge it back to HP. It is down in the noise to HP and there will be no further follow up. Only do this if you have a legit beef...
    it could affect my hp account so I'm not going to do that...