Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By andyhurley
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I just got an HP pre 3 brand new unlocked and I have a few questions about it.

- Will the pre 3 have ACL ? If yes, when ?

- Is there any Viber(IM) apps ( or equivalent ) ?

- Is there a way to increase the volume of the pre 3 mic ?

- Is the pre 3 4g ?

Thanks for your answers
    Congrats! Brief answers as I'm watching the game..
    No
    Sort of (Whatsapp)
    No (well, maybe, if Touchvol works on the Pre3, I can't remember)
    Sort of (HSPA+ on ATT and it's MVNOs and some places on T-mobile)

Both of the apps I mentioned are homebrew apps available in Preware.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    well, maybe, if Touchvol works on the Pre3, I can't remember
    yes
    The Pre3 was slated for a future ACL release (after it gets upgraded to android 4.x) but given the current state of it I would not hold out too much hope.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Congrats! Brief answers as I'm watching the game..
    Sort of (HSPA+ on ATT and it's MVNOs and some places on T-mobile)

Both of the apps I mentioned are homebrew apps available in Preware.
    On all places I've been so far that have good coverage, I always get HSPA+ speed on T-Mobile on my Pre 3. So it's not just *some* places, unless you're living in a rural area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    On all places I've been so far that have good coverage, I always get HSPA+ speed on T-Mobile on my Pre 3. So it's not just *some* places, unless you're living in a rural area.
    Not in the US. I noticed this morning that the OP is in England - I don't know what compatible bands are over there. Which model Pre3 are we talking about? Is it the factory unlocked world-ready model? It is slightly different from the AT&T model.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/20/2014 at 09:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Not in the US. I noticed this morning that the OP is in England - I don't know what compatible bands are over there. Which model Pre3 are we talking about? Is it the factory unlocked world-ready model? It is slightly different from the AT&T model.
    hi , and thanks for your answers !

Shame for ACL... How long will it takes to come to the pre 3.

my pre 3 is unlocked and I'm on the EE network in England and the phone display 4g on the top corner ?

Also, i just intall the package touchvolume but now ho can i adjust the mic volume ?
    Last edited by pingenet; 01/20/2014 at 10:13 AM.
    Good to hear the 4G light comes on. Of course, it's not technically 4G, but the speed should be good. If you can get it from the App Catalog, there is an app called Net Speed by Karge Software that will do a speed test (and we'd love to see the results). There are also some speed test sites you can access using the browser, but I haven't found one I like using on-device. The speedtest.net desktop site works if you enable Flash, and give it lots of time to load.
    Here is a link to the Touchvol thread. It should tell you all you need to know. Be sure and read the important info in the first post.

TouchVol
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/21/2014 at 08:22 AM.
    Thanks for confirming my point. I dunno why you're even saying "Not in the US"? As much as I love the USA, the OP lives in England so my post was catered to the European shores (where I also happen to live, at least till I get my green card).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Thanks for confirming my point. I dunno why you're even saying "Not in the US"? As much as I love the USA, the OP lives in England so my post was catered to the European shores (where I also happen to live, at least till I get my green card).
    I said it because he never said where he lived. I had to find that out in another thread. I added the rest because I knew you would correct me if I didn't. :\
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/21/2014 at 07:58 AM.